Current Topics
3 word story game
by Greger
RoundTable at the End of the Trump Regime!
by Greger
Disqualification Clause
by jgw
Another reason for impeachment
by pondering_it_all
03:54 AM
Post-Election Mischief
by perotista
12:40 AM
Just got this from the nytimes - thought I would pass it on
by jgw
07:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
01/24/21 11:34 PM
Profile of a Trump Supporter
by jgw
01/24/21 08:03 PM
The Departed - 2020
by perotista
01/24/21 02:14 PM
We have had problems before (and a bit of humor)
by pondering_it_all
01/23/21 08:42 PM
The Trump Era's silver lining
by Greger
01/23/21 05:19 PM
The insurrectionist next door
by jgw
01/22/21 07:05 PM
An amusement - no politics!
by TatumAH
01/22/21 07:00 PM
An alternate to Impeachment
by perotista
01/20/21 10:52 PM
A Parler archive converted into an interactive map of the Capitol attack
by pdx rick
01/20/21 09:54 PM
Radicalized Rightwinger with 500 ammo rounds and fake Inaugural pass arrested
by Irked
01/18/21 02:50 AM
Bees do it better!
by jgw
01/15/21 09:35 PM
The coming crash
by pondering_it_all
01/14/21 10:33 PM
Unity and Healing
by jgw
01/14/21 07:23 PM
Whither Josh Hawley?
by perotista
01/13/21 07:13 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
61 Forums
17060 Topics
305658 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330553 - 12/02/20 04:43 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: Greger]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

My decision matrix is based on this; in a crisis who is likely to lean in the right direction? That's why I tend to lean democratic - I knew that Obama would align with constitutional norms, when push came to shove, and Trump would look to how it would benefit him. In Congress, even if I may disagree with particulars, I think Democrats will look at the needs of the people, while Republicans will focus on advantage to the party. Biden, I think, is decent, country-oriented, empathetic and honorable. I'm banking on those qualities.

#330556 - 12/02/20 07:27 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: perotista]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Biden was the only Democrat who actually said (I think) that what he was going to do is hire the people that could fix the problems. As far as I can tell he is doing exactly that. I am not even vaguely interested in what he might have done 20 or 30 years ago. My only problem with Biden is his age. Even at that I suspect he was the best of all the Dems running.

I have said this before but.... Biden is doing, right now, what the best of our politicians have always done. They have found the right people to deal with a problem and then let them do just that. Then they take responsibility, and praise, for the fixing. That is how its almost always been done. Most of the good ones will also take the blame for things when they go wrong.

Trump, as far as I can tell, has hired incompetents to fail at what they were supposed to do. Apparently, it seems, those he has hired have been not only incompetent but criminals. they have, however, publicly announced their feality and love of their dear leader. NONE of them, included them who hired them, has even vaguely taken responsibility for anything that has actually worked. If somebody is actually either honest or competent they are fired as soon as their dear leader, now referred to as "The Loser", finds out about it.

Trumps apparently still rules when it comes to the economy. this I have always found to be strange. The man has few or no economic wins. Daddy gave him a half a billion dollars and he went banko! Everything he touched turned to mud. He didn't pay them that worked for him, a turned on long time employees because they were illegal and he knew they were illegal - for years! I think there is a rule when dealing with Trump. If you deal with him you get infected and eventually fail - just like the lord and master. The only people unaware of this are the Democrats and Trump True Believers. I just googled "trump failures" - Got 45,000,000 replies (he has failed A LOT!)

Edited by jgw (12/02/20 07:42 PM)

#330557 - 12/02/20 10:51 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: perotista]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
I always felt we had sane, competent leadership. Trump was completely different.

I was pretty sure Bush 2 was not up for the job, when his administration completely ignored the previous administration's warnings about Muslim Terrorist groups intent on attacking America. Then 9/11 happened, and I was absolutely sure.

Trump did the same sort of thing, but in spades. Everything Obama's administration turned over in the transition was discarded. Many of the political appointee jobs were never filled, or filled with loyalists who had no idea or qualifications for their job. Trump thought the Obama team would stay on at the White House! Transition meetings were setup, but just ignored by Trump's people. Trump actually had a transition team who created a careful plan: Trump just tossed it in the toilet.

The best example was when Trump's pick for head of the Department of Energy , Rick Perry, finally met with D of E staff and told them he thought their Department was all about Oil and Gas and should be eliminated. They explained that the department regulated all nuclear generating plants, the national power grid, and nuclear weapons production. He was astonished!

#330558 - 12/02/20 11:00 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Trump is a contagious, slow-acting disease like leprosy: Anybody who works for him either gets out quick and eats their losses (but retains their integrity), or begins to rot around the edges until they are just as decrepit and riddled with the disease as he is. I wonder if Biden should order the White House burned to the ground to contain the contagion that is Trump.

#330563 - 12/03/20 03:27 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: pondering_it_all]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I wonder if Biden should order the White House burned to the ground to contain the contagion that is Trump.

Good idea! Not only will that help to nip the Trump-contagion in the bud, but maybe then they’ll finally defeat the 200 year old rat infestation. ThumbsUp

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

#330564 - 12/03/20 06:38 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I don't think it applies in inanimate things - just people. That said it REALLY effects people! The man is not mentally right. He also has serious problems with reality. He also is, I believe, a long time criminal and if you are not a criminal when you begin the Trump journey you are at the end of it!

He is, in other words, an ongoing, very dangerous, personal virus which seems to transmit easily to anybody within range for any amount of time (it doesn't take much time).

My hope is that once he is removed from the White House his ability to infect others might lessen. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody doesn't setup clinics to handle the Trump infected. I wonder if such treatment will be free.

One can wonder............

#330565 - 12/03/20 06:44 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Just another example of American ignorance. Also another example of why government should create a show about what they do! if you take a look at the multitude of agencies and departments there are its no wonder that people have questions as to what OUR government is really doing. I remain committed to believing they gotta start telling everybody - one way or another, what the hell they are doing!

I read an article, someplace, where they were saying that they no longer teach civics in high school and its something else now. I have no idea if that is right but, if so, that is crazy. People should have how their country runs shoved down their throats until they know what's going on!

At least the basics?

#330566 - 12/03/20 07:37 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I see a former state legislator has asked the Georgia Attorney General to open an investigation into Lindsey Graham's solicitation of election fraud. Seems it's a crime in the state to ask anyone to throw out valid ballots, with a penalty of up to five years in prison. This is well documented with witness statements from high-ranking officials who were in the room during a conference call. The Republican AG may chose to ignore it now, but the statute of limitations may run long enough to keep Graham in jeopardy for when a different AG is in office.

#330573 - 12/04/20 06:46 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Trump has done, exactly that, in a couple of states, now. Hopefully he will get his turn in court as well? He has also tried to bribe members of the electoral college as well as the legislators that appoint them.

One can only wonder?

#330577 - 12/05/20 06:35 PM Re: Problems ..... [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I should add that I am not going to feel comfortable until the electoral college makes its decision. Trump is still out there trying everything in the book to either get them re-appointed and will to do his bidding or just trying to bribe the existing electors. given his ability to get his way in all things one can never tell!

Edited by jgw (12/06/20 07:47 PM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
1 registered (TatumAH), 55 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2