Current Topics
Disqualification Clause
by jgw
0 seconds ago
3 word story game
by TatumAH
11 minutes 15 seconds ago
RoundTable at the End of the Trump Regime!
by logtroll
23 minutes 41 seconds ago
Another reason for impeachment
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:54 AM
Post-Election Mischief
by perotista
Today at 12:40 AM
Just got this from the nytimes - thought I would pass it on
by jgw
Yesterday at 07:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
01/24/21 11:34 PM
Profile of a Trump Supporter
by jgw
01/24/21 08:03 PM
The Departed - 2020
by perotista
01/24/21 02:14 PM
We have had problems before (and a bit of humor)
by pondering_it_all
01/23/21 08:42 PM
The Trump Era's silver lining
by Greger
01/23/21 05:19 PM
The insurrectionist next door
by jgw
01/22/21 07:05 PM
An amusement - no politics!
by TatumAH
01/22/21 07:00 PM
An alternate to Impeachment
by perotista
01/20/21 10:52 PM
A Parler archive converted into an interactive map of the Capitol attack
by pdx rick
01/20/21 09:54 PM
Radicalized Rightwinger with 500 ammo rounds and fake Inaugural pass arrested
by Irked
01/18/21 02:50 AM
Bees do it better!
by jgw
01/15/21 09:35 PM
The coming crash
by pondering_it_all
01/14/21 10:33 PM
Unity and Healing
by jgw
01/14/21 07:23 PM
Whither Josh Hawley?
by perotista
01/13/21 07:13 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
61 Forums
17060 Topics
305656 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330995 - 12/29/20 02:06 PM Re: The richest, best educated, nation on earth [Re: pdx rick]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

I’m not sure about loving Bernie. As for the platform of his campaign, what’s not to love?
Unless, of course, you benefit from the current system.

I understand getting caught up in the hysteria of Sanders being unelectable, ie: his platformS unwinnable. That was a feature of media propaganda.

I don’t understand the dishonesty of a position that there’s real structural problems in this country that Americans just refuse to get after that individual was such a willing participant in the media created ‘unelectability’ propaganda of a platform created to address those problems. A platform embraced by and directly funded with millions of supporters.

JGW is simply talking out his posterior with the portion of his original posts I’ve quoted above.

I also don’t allow for the idea that Biden is somehow better than Trump. In many ways he’s arguably worse. He has a record that’s easily accessible and fair grounds for discussion. The fact that some have to resort to fantasy projections about why he did what he did or will do what his record suggest he won’t is a certain kind of mental performance that is as much a part of the problem that created a Trump presidency as anything else.

To continue the economic and political economy that made a right wing populists like Trump possible is inherently on the voters who support the continuation of that political economy. No amount of ‘adults in the room’, ‘perfect being the enemy of the good’ or mindless repeating of media created narratives will change that fundamental fact.

It will be your job to run defense for his venality, right wing instincts and increasing mental deterioration over the next four years. I’ll be here to remind you of it laugh

#330997 - 12/29/20 03:25 PM Re: The richest, best educated, nation on earth [Re: chunkstyle]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
It will be your job to run defense for his venality, right wing instincts and increasing mental deterioration over the next four years. I’ll be here to remind you of it laugh

You're acting like a spiteful, Rightwing, Trump supporter. gobsmacked

#331000 - 12/29/20 04:25 PM Re: The richest, best educated, nation on earth [Re: pdx rick]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Whatever.

Some don't view politics as party cheer leading.

When you think about it, Trump's popularity is higher than Pelosi's. Kinda puts your odd Dom Pelosi fantasizing in an odd light.

You've been a conservative political supporter with Biden and Nancy. You either defend your positions or throw rocks from behind bushes.

I find it odd you have political views you don't want to defend.

#331004 - 12/29/20 07:51 PM Re: The richest, best educated, nation on earth [Re: chunkstyle]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
...When you think about it, Trump's popularity is higher than Pelosi's...

That's because Trump supporters are mentally retarded. Hmm

#331006 - 12/29/20 10:42 PM Re: The richest, best educated, nation on earth [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Ok.

The Our Revolution platform never happenned and no one seems to have articulated valid criticism of our economic and political situation until a poster on reader rant points them out.

Trump increases his vote share amongst most every demographic in 2020, most likely would have won if not for COVID, while your aunty loses house seats at the same time but they’re all retarded.

Got it..

#331016 - 12/30/20 01:47 PM Re: The richest, best educated, nation on earth [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Two timely articles that’s making interesting observations of our current political economic arrangements. Each author coming from outside the radical neoliberal center, does a good job at describing the ongoing transformation of our economy and society into a neofeudal one.

Hudson’s recent interview discusses the transformation of what was our mixed productive economy to a rentier financialization economy:

“ America doesn’t make its own shoes. It doesn’t make its own nuts and bolts or fasteners, it doesn’t make industrial things anymore because If money is to be made off an industrial company it’s to buy and sell the company, not to make loans to increase the company’s production. New York City where I live used to be an industrial city and, the industrial buildings, the mercantile buildings have all been gentrified into high-priced real estate and the result is that Americans have to pay so much money on education, rent and medical care that if they got all of their physical needs, their food, their clothing, all the goods and services for nothing, they still couldn’t compete with foreign labor because of all of the costs that they have to pay that are essentially called rent-seeking.

From the American Conservative:

“ The Bidens, and even the Clintons, are small-time players. The real corruption is much bigger, much higher, and entirely unpunished.”

The American System Is One Big Grift

The radical democratic center is nothing but a dump of media paranoia and economic propaganda at this point. Trying justify its position as being virtuous, responsible and post racial while its supporting an arrangement that is anything but.

Edited by chunkstyle (12/30/20 05:11 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
3 registered (Irked, Greger, jgw), 53 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2