Current Topics
3 word story game
by Greger
RoundTable at the End of the Trump Regime!
by Greger
Disqualification Clause
by jgw
Another reason for impeachment
by pondering_it_all
03:54 AM
Post-Election Mischief
by perotista
12:40 AM
Just got this from the nytimes - thought I would pass it on
by jgw
07:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
01/24/21 11:34 PM
Profile of a Trump Supporter
by jgw
01/24/21 08:03 PM
The Departed - 2020
by perotista
01/24/21 02:14 PM
We have had problems before (and a bit of humor)
by pondering_it_all
01/23/21 08:42 PM
The Trump Era's silver lining
by Greger
01/23/21 05:19 PM
The insurrectionist next door
by jgw
01/22/21 07:05 PM
An amusement - no politics!
by TatumAH
01/22/21 07:00 PM
An alternate to Impeachment
by perotista
01/20/21 10:52 PM
A Parler archive converted into an interactive map of the Capitol attack
by pdx rick
01/20/21 09:54 PM
Radicalized Rightwinger with 500 ammo rounds and fake Inaugural pass arrested
by Irked
01/18/21 02:50 AM
Bees do it better!
by jgw
01/15/21 09:35 PM
The coming crash
by pondering_it_all
01/14/21 10:33 PM
Unity and Healing
by jgw
01/14/21 07:23 PM
Whither Josh Hawley?
by perotista
01/13/21 07:13 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
61 Forums
17060 Topics
305658 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331383 - 01/11/21 07:02 PM Re: Whither Josh Hawley? [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
I would wager that if a poll was taken today which the average American was more interested in, Trump being impeached due to the D.C. riot or who will win the super bowl. The super bowl would be the winner.

Yep, a new set of faces will appear over the next few years and the gang that stood with Trump will forever be marked.

#331390 - 01/11/21 08:46 PM Re: Whither Josh Hawley? [Re: logtroll]
perotista Offline

Time moves on. Lots of things have happened in the past we thought would forever change things, even the political landscape. Political pundits call these things game changers. But a week or two, a month later it was like these so called game changers never happened. At least to most Americans. Everything reverts to where it was prior to any game changer.

Being marked, folks like Hawley, Cruz and those bunch in the house are as high as they're going get whether or not they backed Trump. Those who mark them were never going to vote for them anyway or any other Republican for that matter.

The talk around the water coolers and break rooms centers around how in the world did the Steelers lose to the Browns. The talk on political sites like this one, are on the D.C. riot and whether or not to remove Trump. Guess which is in the majority or which is being talked about the most?

We're unique here, those on political sites are unique in the amount of attention given to politics.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#331429 - 01/13/21 11:25 AM Re: Whither Josh Hawley? [Re: perotista]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
We're unique here, those on political sites are unique in the amount of attention given to politics.
I don't think so unique as political sites go but you are right about the cooler talk ... in the middle, no one cares, unless whatever government there is provides an existential threat to ordinary people ... people do not care what happens in the seats of power

#331440 - 01/13/21 06:33 PM Re: Whither Josh Hawley? [Re: logtroll]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
I believe most people in the US shy away from discussing politics in the work place. Many companies even have guidelines against such discussions.

Debates about Super Bowls and March Madness are a lot less combustible than political discussions. It is much easier for a Steelers fan and a Ravens fan to have a “friendly” enmity than it is for a MAGAite* and a Democrat**

*I use the term “MAGAite” instead of Republican because I would really like to go back to the days when it was perfectly alright for Democrats and Republicans to disagree on policy and still accept that the other side is not evil incarnate.

**I use “Democrat” instead of Bernie Bro because it seems they and the MAGA crowd are actually in agreement about a lot of things, starting with their belief that it is much better to have Trump than a moderate Democrat.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

#331443 - 01/13/21 07:13 PM Re: Whither Josh Hawley? [Re: logtroll]
perotista Offline

My son is that way, he doesn't care one iota who is in power or who the president is. He says it makes no difference, Washington is going to do what Washington wants to do whether or not that is what the people want. He thinks all politicians and elected officials are in it just for themselves to make themselves rich. He's 52 and has never voted in his life. He cares more about the whether the Pittsburgh Steelers wins or loses than who becomes president.

If you think about it, presidential elections average around 55% of all eligible voters. So he's part of the 45% who plain don't care. Then you have another group of voters who only begin paying attention to politics two to three weeks prior to a presidential election, no attention at all for the midterms. Most of the voters in this category won't vote in the midterms, not important enough. But do vote in the presidential. This group makes up around 15% of eligible voters. This latter group may make up 15% of eligible voters, but they make up 20% of those who actually vote.

Just something to think about.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
1 registered (TatumAH), 55 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2