Current Topics
Mars
by TatumAH
0 seconds ago
RoundTable at the End of the Trump Regime!
by Irked
24 minutes 38 seconds ago
Another reason for impeachment
by pondering_it_all
Today at 12:58 AM
investigation into the storming of the United States Capitol on 1/6/21
by jgw
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
3 word story game
by TatumAH
Yesterday at 04:57 PM
Why some kids stick with their parents' political views and others rebel
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:23 AM
Wizard of Oz
by TatumAH
02/23/21 03:49 AM
Global warming predictions
by jgw
02/22/21 07:43 PM
Slavery in 2020
by jgw
02/22/21 07:33 PM
Doctors fighting back against anti-vaxers online
by pondering_it_all
02/22/21 03:35 AM
Myanmar/Burma
by jgw
02/21/21 07:11 PM
It’s Not You, It’s Pathological Ambivalence!
by logtroll
02/21/21 03:51 AM
‘Earthworm Dilemma’ Has Climate Scientists Racing to Keep Up
by TatumAH
02/20/21 05:31 PM
And Then the Gorillas Started Coughing
by pondering_it_all
02/19/21 10:06 PM
Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity
by TatumAH
02/19/21 03:24 PM
An amusement - no politics!
by TatumAH
02/19/21 02:33 AM
American Healthcare
by pondering_it_all
02/16/21 03:41 AM
The Trump Era's silver lining
by pdx rick
02/15/21 04:41 PM
Did Trump think his mob had taken Mike Pence hostage?
by rporter314
02/15/21 04:58 AM
Are the Republicans confabulated?
by TatumAH
02/11/21 12:03 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
61 Forums
17081 Topics
306652 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331542 - 01/17/21 08:09 AM The insurrectionist next door
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
The radicalization of Trump supporters from all walks of life became jarringly apparent this month when a phalanx of lawyers, nurses, police officers, real estate agents and stay-at-home parents found common cause - terrorizing lawmakers for not overturning the results of a presidential election - with conspiracy mongers and violent white supremacists. Amid the throngs were a university professor, a hairdresser, a school therapist, a CEO, a piano teacher, an Olympic gold-medalist swimmer and a state representative from West Virginia.

The problem with the insurrectionist next door, says Laura, a resident of Siloam Springs, Ark., is that they think their intentions are good. Laura and her neighbor, who attended Trump's pre-riot rally in Washington, "are both Christians, or claim to be, which is really confusing," she says. "He really believes that this is God's plan for America."
Her neighbor had described the D.C. pilgrimage in religious terms, she says: He went to pray for Trump to somehow be made the winner of the election.

- Laredo Morning Times.com

Man...these people are nuttier than squirrel feces. Hmm

#331559 - 01/17/21 09:00 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
A lot of this began with the Sovereign Citizen movement. We should have crushed them right from the start.

#331606 - 01/19/21 07:19 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
its interesting. The FBI has been warning, for over 20 years, about the militias and white supremacists, etc. In spite of that nothing was done. I think they actually passed a law against the very thought of American Terrorists, in America, ie. its against the law to define any American Terrorists in America. I have, over that stretch of time, wondered why that is. I still don't know but, now, others, I suspect, are also on the hunt for an answer.

What is becoming even more interesting is that the powers that be seem to, now, believe that our military, or national guard, etc. has been harboring some of these American Terrorists. I am basing this on the request, by the military leadership, that investigations be made into that possibility. Apparently they have now found at least two terrorists in the national guard, so far and are also investigating members of the army as well.

We have, I fear, somewhat of a mess on our hands.

Biden has a genuine multi-tiered mess on his hands. Hopefully he has been able to find managers to actually deal with this stuff.

#331617 - 01/20/21 11:14 AM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pdx rick]
Ujest Shurly Offline
journeyman

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
The military always has had a problem with radicals/racists/extremists/etc. They are and were a small part, but always a problem. I know of a few that were discovered and put out with a General or a Dishonorable Discharge, and I am sure our Legal Eagle can give us more examples and stories.

Over the years (69 - 89) they became harder to find, they learned to hide better, and we had more important things to work on.

Radicals, Racists, Extremists, etc will always be an issue for any military. The military is not only a breeding ground, it also a training ground. To do the job of the military you need to think in a certain manner. To be a Radical, Racists, Extremist a certain way of thinking is needed. The problem, it is the same coin just the other side.

Edited by Ujest Shurly (01/20/21 11:16 AM)

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#331620 - 01/20/21 12:05 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Going to jump in here with some observations:

1) Although a minority, the squirrel feces (thanks for that) contingent of the retrograde party is much larger than I'd imagined, notwithstanding the fluke election of 2016. As I write, polling indicates 74% of the GOP still think Trump won, despite a complete lack of rational or factual basis for that belief. It's become a party of faith over reason.

2) Religions and military attract certain personality types/mental attitudes. While they can be channeled to good uses, a certain percentage are too defective to be serviceable. They like the order of being followers, which frees them of thinking for themselves. Unfortunately, there are too many primrose paths for them to be led down, and they can end up in some pretty dark woods.

3) It doesn't take a large collection of fanatics to wreak havoc, as Jan 6 demonstrated. While there were only thousands - out of a population of hundreds of millions - they were concentrated at a particular location. Winning battles is often a matter of having greater numbers at the point of conflict. The Capitol Police were caught flat-footed and ill-prepared. Fortunately, the aim of the insurrectionists was thwarted and they exposed themselves (prosecutions ensue). Unfortunately, it will embolden them, so this is not over.

More, later.

#331629 - 01/20/21 06:34 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

This morning Trump had his extravaganza departure. No parade, 200 true believers, no tanks - your basic Trump failure. Now, if the media can just ignore him ......

#331634 - 01/20/21 09:07 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Apparently there were some huge Q believer parties online, waiting for "The Wave" at noon ET. They expected Trump to ride in with tanks and fighter planes overhead, to arrest and imprison all the communist pedophile Democrats. Some even expected summary executions.

Reading some of their tweets was delicious, as their year-long fantasy crumbled. I think a lot of them are going to need some psychological intervention. That kind of shared delusion failing suddenly can tip some into depression or psychotic break.

#331640 - 01/20/21 09:58 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
...Fortunately, the aim of the insurrectionists was thwarted...

News reports after the fact showed how the radicalized extremists were 100 feet away from Mike Pence and didn't know it. The group was looking for him to hang him.

Hmm

#331646 - 01/21/21 05:38 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I read the believers were REALLY upset and gearing up for another riot.

I have thought they needed psychological intervention for a very long time! There is, however, a serious thought that nothing will really help.

#331647 - 01/21/21 05:56 PM Re: The insurrectionist next door [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

the Sovereign Citizen movement is yet another white supremacy, anti government, group. We have been getting reports on the whole bunch for well over 20 years. I have mentioned this before. For some odd reason all of these groups have been noticed, mentioned and warned about and NOTHING has been done.

I am wondering, does anybody believe that, now, they are going to be dealt with? Given their ability to do whatever and just keep on going I tend to doubt it. For some reason the Nazi get together, before WWII, in Madison Square Garden comes to mind. The Nazi movement, in the United States was a pretty big deal before WWII. https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2019/02/20/695941323/when-nazis-took-manhattan

Between the Nazis and the KuKluxKlan the white supremists were well established before WWII. When that war was declared they kinda went away but, I am sure, not really. My suspicion is that they actually were the basis for what we are experiencing today. Oh, if you think that the Ku Klux Klan was a small southern outfit you would be mistaken. Here is a link that talks about that:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retr...ations-capital/

We have, basically, supported these jerks for a very long time and they have been active for a very long time. One last thought. They also blew up a federal building in Oklahoma which was the biggest terrorist action in America to that date. https://www.britannica.com/event/Oklahoma-City-bombing

Our Previous president, Trump, said that there were very nice people in this group of haters and there are A LOT of them!

I continue to wonder - does anybody think its time something is done about this stuff?

Edited by jgw (01/21/21 06:08 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2