by Golem
07:32 PM
Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci Reunite in Irishman Set Photos
by Golem
09/23/17 11:38 PM
The Hoarding of the American Dream
by pondering_it_all
09/23/17 03:38 AM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
09/21/17 11:34 PM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
09/20/17 09:05 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/20/17 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
09/20/17 03:39 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16047 Topics
276622 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#44569 - 12/25/07 06:21 PM Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three
Arthur Offline
stranger

Loc: North America

I know this will confuse many people, but it is worthy of serious consideration:

When Cynthia McKinney recently announced her candidacy, I was deeply moved and inspired by her bravery. We now have three people of high integrity running for President: Dennis Kucinich, Cynthia McKinney, and Ron Paul (in alphabetical order).

They are choosing to offer themselves as candidates in the Democratic Party, the Green Party, and the Republican Party, respectively. They have diverse backgrounds and focuses of interest, but they have one important commonality: they are dedicated to reversing the (quite deliberate) near-terminal tailspin that this country is in. They have consistently proven themselves to be strong, determined, and dedicated public servants of high caliber . . . and right now we need all the help we can get. Thus I urge you all to consider:

Dennis Kucinich, Cynthia McKinney, and Ron Paul would make a great triumvirate serving as President.

There are several reasons why they would be very effective in such a role:
  • They would be able to deal with the current and coming challenges as a group. It has often been stated that “two heads are better than one” and right now three would be even better still.
  • They would be able to make decisions quite easily as two votes in favor (or in opposition) would decide the result.
  • They would each have the support of two equal partners and this is not going to be easy work.
  • They would coalesce a wide range of diverse people . . . and right now we need all the unity we can get.
  • They are three strong-willed, heart-based people who have enough humility and determination to see this critical phase through to completion, without having to worry about selfish, egotistical dramas playing out.
There are other good reasons to hire them as a trio, but I need not pontificate further, especially since I have been encouraging all of us—as a group—to use our minds and to come up with our own answers . . . and right now we need all the wisdom we can get.

It will take the efforts of all three of them to begin to accomplish the work that for the past year I have offered to do on my own—though of course I would be thrilled to have them as Vice-Presidents, taking over as a trio after my two-year contract was over. However I am neither wealthy nor famous (nor selfish) and thus have not garnered any consideration. So be it.

I will close by condensing the work that needs to be done into three very short, very simple words:

“Take the money.”

After all . . . it’s your money. Take all funds, assets, and property out of the control of the Federal bureaucracy and put the money and assets somewhere you can trust, i.e. in a locally-owned and operated State bank and keep a very, very close watch over it. Once all the funds and assets are accounted for, I suggest that the Governors of the fifty States agree upon a cost-of-living, per-capita index and a means of distribution and then actually move the resulting funds to within the borders of the assigned States. I can say much more about this process, but this is enough for now. At this critical juncture our focus is best spent on one very basic, very critical action: “Take the money.”

“It really is that simple.”

Blessings to you all, my dear Brothers and Sisters. 2008 will be quite an adventure!

--

Arthur “Two Sheds” Jackson
(there is a form on DismantleIt.com for emailing me privately; the above has also been posted to the “Wonder” page)

#44576 - 12/25/07 09:07 PM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
May I just sidetrack for one moment. Mr. Jackson, this, what shall I call it, nickname of yours. 'Two sheds'. How did you come by it?

#44577 - 12/25/07 09:16 PM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
These wacko-fringe candidates have as much chance of becoming the next president as a Dutch walrus.

The more people who support these dead-end candidates, the greater the victory will be for the True American Party in November.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#44584 - 12/25/07 10:25 PM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Irked]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
The TAP Party! I love it. Now, Irked, which one shall it be?

#44586 - 12/25/07 10:32 PM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: 2wins]
BC Offline
veteran

Loc: ...Grand Ledge...
 Originally Posted By: 2wins

The TAP party & their candidate, Larry Craig? Wooohooo!

#44596 - 12/26/07 12:10 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: BC]
LeoGer Offline

And what could be their party theme song, as those TAPpers are looking awful haggard lately. A party stalled is not a pretty thing particularly on the NJ turnpike.

#44602 - 12/26/07 01:24 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: LeoGer]
BC Offline
veteran

Loc: ...Grand Ledge...
Promises of a chicken on every pot?

#44603 - 12/26/07 01:33 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: BC]
LeoGer Offline

Chicken chokers in every stall.

#44606 - 12/26/07 02:56 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
LeoGer Offline

Originally Posted By: Arthur
At this critical juncture our focus is best spent on one very basic, very critical action: “Take the money.”

“It really is that simple.”

The lack of a constitutional basis for a triumvirate notwithstanding, it isn't that simple because there is no money in the coffers of the worlds largest debtor nation.

This really is, unfortunately, that simple.

#44616 - 12/26/07 06:03 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: 2wins]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
 Originally Posted By: 2wins
Why, the man who the Almighty provides! Everyone hopes there will be no change at all. But, if such is ordained, then the Almighty will provide.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2