by Golem
07:32 PM
Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci Reunite in Irishman Set Photos
by Golem
09/23/17 11:38 PM
The Hoarding of the American Dream
by pondering_it_all
09/23/17 03:38 AM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
09/21/17 11:34 PM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
09/20/17 09:05 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/20/17 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
09/20/17 03:39 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16047 Topics
276622 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#49051 - 01/30/08 01:15 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
Arthur Offline
stranger

Loc: North America

My dear Brothers and Sisters,

A month has now gone by and I owe thanks to Greger for both paying attention and maintaining a sense of humor (no small feat these days!; I have thus added a link to my sig.).

Extraneous, adolescent posturing and judgements—although often quite entertaining—however currently do nothing more than reinforce perceptions around the planet regarding the American People’s addiction to victimization—one aspect of the shadow side of our significant strengths—and take up valuable bandwidth. There is work to be done and very little time left to do it.

In the end, the choices we make are the result of whether or not we believe in ourselves, both as individuals and as a group. As I have noted, there is a distinct polarization of consciousness taking place on this planet at this time and there are many people offering to do all that they can to bring about a better world. But there is one person that no one can protect you from: no one can protect you from yourself. If you have grown weary of being led like sheep to the slaughter, I encourage you to stop acting like sheep. Or, perhaps to put it more succinctly,

Quote:
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

—Frederick Douglass

Now is the time for focused group action: As we draw steadily closer to the 2008 national election (and imminent, significant geophysical events) it becomes increasingly prudent to point out that this election is going to result in far more than any particular change of political ideologies and agendas. The coming few years will result in dramatic challenges to all life on this planet and whomsoever is elected (or installed) to guide (or enslave) this country will be faced with the decisions of what to tell us, how much to tell us, when to tell us, and finally, what actions to take. Electing Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron as a triumvirate is an opportunity we would be foolish to disregard.

In addition to reclaiming our money, I strongly encourage the People of this country to elect those who will immediately upon inauguration bring all troops home. [I, as an example, am offering not only to ask Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron to work together in the White House with me, but also to order all federal employees, both overt and covert, to be within the borders of the U.S. within one hundred hours after the inauguration; the consequences for not doing so would be harsh.] The reason for getting our Brothers and Sisters back home is not just to stop the flagrant plundering and subjugation of sovereign foreign countries, but also to get all able-bodied personnel prepared for some very difficult work: the rebuilding of a shattered infrastructure and the care and nurturing of a traumatized population. Once again: “Changes are afoot” and “Time is of the essence.”

There are those of us who are eager to do all that we can to minimize the coming suffering of our Brothers and Sisters . . . but not all of us are convinced that our requests will be granted:

Quote:
“Why does He who made the world prefer to use tragedy to write the book of fate?”

Elijah’s cries echoed through the valley to return to his ears.

“Thou knowest not whereof thou speakest,” the angel replied, “There is no tragedy, only the unavoidable. Everything hath its reason for being; thou needest only distinguish what is temporary from what is lasting.”

“What is temporary?” asked Elijah.

“The unavoidable.”

“And what is lasting?”

“The lessons of the unavoidable.”

—Paulo Coelho

Blessings to you and to all your loved ones; may some day “all your loved ones” include all Life,

--

Arthur “Two Sheds” Jackson

#49053 - 01/30/08 01:30 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
 Quote:
There is work to be done and very little time left to do it.
Would you be interested in elaborating on the type of work? Because, well, I don't do physical labor if I can help it and it's been a long time since I served up a burger. Would I be able to keep my current job or would there be some sort of collectivist reassignment that I would have to adhere to in order to maintain the privilege of being a citizen. And while I am at it, I gave up victimhood for lent last year.

#49061 - 01/30/08 02:02 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: 2wins]
Arthur Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: 2wins
Would you be interested in elaborating on the type of work?

Briefly: Convincing our government to be honest is becoming increasingly essential and would keep us all quite busy (for starters). One example is the tireless work of Bev Harris. Thus, “regular, honest, thoughtful communication” prior to the election is really the priority, aided by ignoring the propaganda from the Mainstream Media. (I pontificate on the more esoteric aspects of our “homework” on the “Why” page of DismantleIt.com.)

Originally Posted By: 2wins
And while I am at it, I gave up victimhood for lent last year.

Delightful! Congrats!

;-)

--

#49063 - 01/30/08 02:14 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
stereoman Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Asheville, NC
 Originally Posted By: Arthur
[I, as an example, am offering not only to ask Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron to work together in the White House with me, but also to order all federal employees, both overt and covert, to be within the borders of the U.S. within one hundred hours after the inauguration; the consequences for not doing so would be harsh.]

That's interesting, Arthur. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to follow you, considering as you are after all merely a musical composer, and you do not in fact have two sheds.

But I like this fellow.
so that we may grow with peace in mind.

(Native American prayer)

#49075 - 01/30/08 04:27 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: stereoman]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Land of Burnt Dirt
Go for it Arthur! I love your style.

Cynthia has been greatly underappreciated, as have Dennis and Ron. I would welcome any or all 3 to become president. Unfortunately America is headed, still yet, in another direction.

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.

#49163 - 01/31/08 02:57 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Slipped Mickey]
Arthur Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Slipped Mickey
Unfortunately America is headed, still yet, in another direction.

[Thank you for the kind words.] It all depends on whether or not enough of us are willing to do the small amount of work necessary to salvage this country and subsequently create the world that we say we desire . . . 

This is the whole premise of DismantleIt.com: Are you willing to clearly define what you want and to express it from your heart to as many people as you are able, in a calm, clear, considerate manner? Regardless of the obligatory adolescent male posturing and the relentless propaganda from the mainstream media, “it really is that simple.” Because—as you will ultimately discover—you actually are in the majority, and when your Brothers and Sisters finally feel free enough to let go of their own doubts and fears, you will realize that it is a most vast majority.

You are in the majority and you have the inherent birthright to initiate “Peace on Earth.” You do not need to do anything to prove that you deserve your birthright; all you need do to claim it is to speak your truths and to patiently listen to those who are also willing to speak their truths. The strength of the American people is in our kindness, our grace, and our willingness to share what we can with others. It is a most significant power; all that is required to enable it is honest, sincere communication and, in the current circumstances, voting . . . on well-secured paper.

Not so difficult, is it?

Are (enough of) you willing to accept this? Are you willing to trust? It takes very little effort, but it does take a “leap of faith” and it does require steady, focused, sincere communication. As a friend once wrote in gorgeous, colored chalk on her stone patio: “I leap and the net appears.” (Thank you, Katherine LaTorraca, dear, sweet Sister.)

Quote:
I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.

—Abraham Lincoln

Humanity doesn’t march proudly down “The Halls of Evolution.” We stumble, we stagger, we fall and we get up, again . . . and again . . . and again. Sometimes we are so weary from our struggles and so grateful for what little we have that we lose the ability to realize just how close we are to achieving our goal.

We are now, as a species, at such a point.

The enormous bureaucratic edifice we have created (or, more accurately, allowed to be created) is no longer our “foundation,” it has (methodically and quite deliberately) become our “prison,” and a very small number of naughty boys are very close to attempting to lock the doors behind us unless we take action and claim our birthright: “Peace on Earth.” If need be, let us let go of the Republican Party; let us let go of the Democratic Party. Yes, they’re parties . . . but we are no longer invited.

Do not worry about what the naughty boys are going to do. Surely, they will do all that they can to obstruct us, but in the words of that wise and noble sage, Kevin McHale of the Boston Celtics, when asked about how they were planning on dealing with a powerful opponent in the next playoff series (and please forgive me for only being able to paraphrase), he replied: “We don’t worry about the other team; if we play our game, we’ll win this series.” And he was right; and they did. (And thank you, dear Brother, and to all of your teammates, including Basketball Jesus, for so, so much . . . )

We can win this game—and it is but a game—but only if you make the decision to do so.

Much love,

#49175 - 01/31/08 06:04 AM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Land of Burnt Dirt
Two Sheds,

I feel you. In fact, I agree with you. We may not share the same degree of optimism but I do believe that what you suggest is possible. It does not, unfortunately, appear probable.

If it were left up to the members of this political forum I'd be f-ing giddy with anticipation. But RR is quite the exception to the rule. Ranters are informed, logical thinkers, independent thinkers for the most part. Most Americans on the other hand, couldn't give you the name of the Sec. of State, the Speaker of the House, or the name of their own state governor, let alone the governor's political affiliation.

It'll be damned difficult to get mule brained partisans to agree to work for the greater good with the mule brained partisans of the other party if neither partisans honestly know what their respective parties espouse. God forbid partisans should actually know the real position of their party concerning a particular issue.

I love your optimism and I sincerely hope you are correct, but in my opinion choice is largely beyond us.

Call me jaded.

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.

#49923 - 02/06/08 06:40 PM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Slipped Mickey]
Arthur Offline
stranger

Quote:
To live as if our choices make any real difference in the long run may be the act of a fool, but to live as if they do not, that is the act of a coward.

—Albert Camus

My dear Brothers and Sisters,

This species has been browbeaten, abused, and degraded for thousands of years by a small number of very selfish (and thus very determined) naughty boys. This (seemingly) endless suffering has resulted in what I refer to as our addiction to victimization: we are no longer willing to believe that it is possible to achieve our desired goals, leaving us with feelings of resentment, selfishness, and brutality.

Naughty boys are well aware that we are not powerless, thus they go to great lengths to convince us that we are powerless via carefully crafted deceptions. This subjugation has been carefully perpetrated to such a degree that many of us have lost our will. But we can never lose our desire for something that, deep within our hearts (not our emotions), we know to be possible. I tell you that it is not only possible, it is inevitable, but only we can decide as to when it “blossoms into fruition.”

By overwhelming our emotions to the point that we stop using our minds—the “bridge” necessary to access our hearts—eloquent politicians can gain vast popular support. By using words of inspiration, they can get us to believe that they are interested in “the welfare of the common man,” when often they have every intention of perpetuating the exact same conditions we are struggling against. Such is the case today, clearly demonstrated by the fact that those who are truly determined to “break the stranglehold” of a small but profoundly corrupt (and thus inevitably, profoundly wealthy) group of naughty boys, are completely ignored by the mainstream media. Need I say more?

Quote:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

—Mohandas Gandhi

We can reclaim our country, my Brothers and Sisters, as I have been saying for the past fourteen months. It is actually quite easy, but it does require letting go of our addiction to victimization and accepting that we are not at all powerless but, in fact, have powers that we are not yet even willing to consider. There is nothing that the naughty boys fear more.

Only we can define and thus “re-fine” our reality. I have no interest in defining anyone’s reality for them, but I am compelled to speak my truth—as per today’s opening quote above—and the many quotes I have offered in my writings within this topic, my other CHB topic, and my Web site. As Marianne Williamson so poignantly wrote: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” (The full quote is well-known and is also on the “Why” page of DismantleIt.com.)

It has been accurately noted that “All Truths are true.” Thus please allow me to close with two seemingly paradoxical truths: “There is very little time left” and “We have all the time that we need.”

Quote:
You can gain strength, courage and cofidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. . . . You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

—Eleanor Roosevelt

Blessings to you all, my dear Brothers and Sisters. I am unwilling to offer any predictions of the future, but my faith in all of you is, and will remain, infinite. Imagine what might happen were you to share that faith for just a few months . . .

;-)

--

#57806 - 03/24/08 05:29 PM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
Arthur Offline
stranger

As previously noted, “Soon enough, It will be time again for Spring . . . ” And such it was, that it came to pass . . . 

As promised, I have enabled DismantleIt.net so that the People of the United States can choose just what form(s) of government their State will take, including the most-critical decision as to where to put the funds and assets that will be returned to them after the immediate dismantling of the entire U.S. federal bureaucracy. May I (yet again) suggest that we are rapidly approaching the time when a little “Spring cleaning” will be essential for the health of our Country.

“Now is the time for action.”

We are at a point in human evolution where enough people are finally beginning to accept the ancient truth that you can only change the world by changing yourself. I have long noted that people change for only one of two reasons: either they consciously choose to change or they are forced to change. Neither option is pleasant—shattered dreams and exposed delusions are an inevitable result—but only the conscious decision to change will further our evolution in as gracious a manner as possible. Choosing to change requires a degree of bravery that not all possess, but evolution is quite deliberate and unstoppable . . . Thus, I emphatically suggest preparing for the inevitable and to do so, consciously and deliberately, as a group.

It is time to let go of the current foolishness we call “American politics.” We have not yet learned the most-essential lesson taught to us by our Founding Fathers: Democracy is not an idle infatuation. The Eagle doesn’t roost in your backyard just because you think it’s an intriguing idea.

Many of us are quite content to just point fingers and complain about all the naughty behavior currently being inflicted upon, well, just about anybody that the naughty boys can inflict it upon—whining is just an overt expression of one’s addiction to victimization.

As I have noted, “If you have grown weary of being led like sheep to the slaughter, I encourage you to stop acting like sheep.” For the People of this Country to finally rise to their innate (and inevitable) destiny, it will first require that we recognize and then graciously let go of our addictions—the shadow side of our own People—and accept our true worth.

An update to DismantleIt.com, offering a concise list of actions to be taken immediately upon the 2009 inauguration will soon follow.

Blessings to you all, my dear Brothers and Sisters,

--

DismantleIt.com
DismantleIt.net

#57808 - 03/24/08 05:42 PM Re: Cynthia, Dennis, and Ron: We Need All Three [Re: Arthur]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
America had its chance to select Dennis. America said "No!"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2