by logtroll
Today at 12:48 PM
Sanders Medicare Thing
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:41 AM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 06:03 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 03:39 AM
Round Table For September 2017
by Ken Condon
Yesterday at 01:05 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Broken Government
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:39 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Trump Admin parsing words on Climate Change
by pondering_it_all
09/17/17 06:19 AM
China-Like Wages Now Part Of U.S. Employment Boom
by pondering_it_all
09/16/17 08:53 PM
LA City Council votes to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day
by pondering_it_all
09/16/17 08:49 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16044 Topics
276582 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#97211 - 01/24/09 10:39 PM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: loganrbt]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Land of Burnt Dirt
 Originally Posted By: loganrbt
Ten Ways Real People Can Fight Back. When you get really, really tired of the fart and run pseudo-conservative crowd who love to come in and stink up a room, then run out clucking about the smell:

1. Support rationalism- (no pseudo-conservative is). Say often and loudly:
Tolerance is not a dirty word.
Crony cabalism is bad. Free thought and open discussion is good.

2. Banish the word 'liberal' from your vocabulary. The correct words are 'those who think we can do better to live up to our ideals'.

3. Stop telling lies and calling those who don't agree with you liars. A disagreement is a disagreement, not a lie. People who don't know the difference are bad and are not trustworthy. Even if they're darlings of talk radio and Fox News.

4. Do not rely on the government for ANYTHING. Build your own roads, train and equip your own fire department, convert your own land into a sanitary landfill for burying all your own refuse. Remember what Reagan said: "I know in my heart that man is good.That what is right will always eventually triumph.
And there's purpose and worth to each and every life." Not that he did not exclude those who disagreed with him from this principle. Spread the word.

5. Never, ever again lower your voice when you mention Palin, Wurzelbacher, or whatever the PC word for pseudo-Christians is.
5a: Stop using labels when referring to Americans with whom you disagree.

6. Disable the channel selector for Fox News, any radio station that broadcasts Rush Limbaugh, and stop watching programs that claim to speak for Jesus Christ but ask you to send them money. Jesus never did! They have lost all credibility and don't deserve your support.
6a. Start getting your news from trustworthy sources. Ones that don't advertise themselves as being the only ones that are truthful; they are least likely to be so.

7. Start being evaluative. Its called 'considering multiple opinion'.

8. Quit stifling your opinion when surrounded by lock-step psuedo-conservatives.
Your opinion is just as valid as anyone's, despite what the clanging cymbals on the right may think. The talk show idiots can only censor you if you let them. You never agreed to or voted for their view of patriotism, values, or anything else and you are not obliged to follow them.

9. Ignore the 'experts'. Remember, just because everyone says something is so, doesn't make it so. By not challenging 'expert opinion', you enable it. Keep in mind that most of our current 'experts' are given exposure way beyond their intelligence.
9a. Employ the 'experts' test: Just ask yourself, who benefits? Chances are good its not you. If that doesn't work, just follow the money. Which doesn't mean send them money everytime they ask for it, especially if they ask for it in "the name of the lord".

10. Most importantly, say 5 times a day: 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me'.

Bravo! You da man!

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.

#97213 - 01/24/09 10:59 PM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: Slipped Mickey]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

I'm sick and tired of the drinkability ads for Bud Light. And I hardly ever watch television. Water is drinkable, Bud Light is drinkable, ergo Bud Light is water! No sh!t, we knew that. Nancy's post is similar to a Bud Light commercial.

Actually, Nancy's screed is much the same as reading a NewsMax or Voice of the Martyr's review of an Ann Coulter book.

Liberals are in lock step, but the Democratic Party is dysfunctional and can't agree on jack. How does that work? I'm not a liberal or a conservative, but I disagree with people like Nancy. People like Nancy need to put everything in a box. Everything must have a feckin label. You're either with them or you're against them. I suppose someone out there is still buying yellow "Support Our Troop" magnets made in China. Not me. I never bought one. I must be a liberal. But, I'm not. I'm certainly not a conservative either.

<Mickey wondering if Nancy would have a problem with people referring to her as a "bimbo" or "broad" or "ho" or the "c" word.> Apparently not. Who determines as to how women would like to be referred? It seems that in Nancy's world women don't have a say and their opinion isn't worthy of respect.

It seems Nancy wants/needs to live in a world where everything is clearly defined (by people like her).

Edited by Slipped Mickey (01/25/09 12:09 AM)
Edit Reason: To add that I am not a conservative either. I'm just myself. No labels, thank you very much.

#97216 - 01/24/09 11:32 PM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: nancyvideo]
olyve Offline
veteran

Loc: Athens, Ga.
 Originally Posted By: nancyvideo

2. Banish the word 'stimulus' from your vocabulary.
You can remove it from yours, Nancy. I've no intention to in my life. \:\)

LOL, amen Emma! I hate those too....eeeewwwww!

I've got a family member who "debates" like our Ms Video here. He sends goofy stuff in email and then when we shoot back well researched and thoughtful responses, we're met with silence.
I don't understand the unwillingness to debate your positions.

One time he shot back..."how DO you find all this stuff out"?
Ever you ever heard of "the google"?

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

#97217 - 01/24/09 11:38 PM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: Slipped Mickey]
olyve Offline
veteran

Wow I didn't check to see if there was a second page to this thread.
I didn't see you, Mick.

Good post.

Especially....
 Originally Posted By: Slipped Mickey

<Mickey wondering if Nancy would have a problem with people referring to her as a "bimbo" or "broad" or "ho" or the "c" word.> Apparently not. Who determines as to how women would like to be referred? It seems that in Nancy's world women don't have a say and their opinion isn't worthy of respect.
I was wondering the same thing.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

#97221 - 01/25/09 12:02 AM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: olyve]
Mellowicious Offline
veteran

Loc: The Great American Desert
Wait, wait, wait - no hyphenated words? But I just realized that there's a great way to describe my view of these ten steps:

Would it be okay if I called them quasi-American?

If not, maybe pseudo-American?

Is there a hyphen in "the Ugly American?" No, I guess there isn't.

Curiosity killed the cat - Satisfaction brought it back

#97225 - 01/25/09 12:19 AM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: EmmaG]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Oh, and I like the part about not relying on government for anything. By definition that is anarchy. Not all together bad, but that doesn't work either.

Mick is betting that wherever Nancy lives in South Carolina, from McBee (that's "Mac Bee" for those who don't know), to Sumpter, to Gaffney, to Fort Mill to Garden City there is government, even in Rock Hill, and the good people from South Carolina benefit from it.

<Mickey thinking Nancy must have attended Clemson and thus is a documented victim of Southern education.>

#97227 - 01/25/09 12:50 AM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: Slipped Mickey]
olyve Offline
veteran

oh oh Mick!

I know you just couldn't help it.
I was tempted too! \:D

I love that big peach in Gaffney!

(I really do love that thing, I think it was a pretty cool idea)

Hey Nancy babes this is what you get when you don't back up your words.
How about a 'real' debate about what you wrote?
Come on and talk to us.
How hard could it be if you really believe what you write about?

#97231 - 01/25/09 01:01 AM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: olyve]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Y'know what irks me about this whole piece of tripe is all the stolen talking points from the left.
Corrupt Politicians? Have we seen the long long lists of convicted Conservative Pols? And yep there were also a few Democrats among them but by sheer numbers the corruption has been conservative.
And then there's that Lock Step line. Dear freaking god haven't we been using that line for years and aren't the Republicans still trying to march to the same old drummer even after it has cost them seat after seat in both houses?
Lying Politicians? Lying Politicians they lied to get us into a war, they lied about torture they lied about everything, they hid everything they did and refused to release information and "disapeared 1.4 million emails! Stolen Talking Points
And yeah, don't rely on government for anything! Like a military Like court systems like municipal services and garbage collection. You don't want to see government wasting any money on that! The Bush administration has built the biggest government and the highest national debt in history, but now she wants to talk about cutting government spending and how Liberals are all about BIG government. Codswallup. Every single word is Codswallop. Of course she wont come talk about because she knows it is totally indefensible. A real conservative could do a lot better than that, Ma Republican could do better, Lone could do better and they have the courage to stand behind what they say.
I didn't think she deserved a reply and still don't but what the hell it was kinda fun.

#97254 - 01/25/09 03:10 AM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Conservative need to be taught how to fight back? I thought Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Ann Coulter had to routine down cold.

Guess I was wrong - yet again.

#97256 - 01/25/09 03:14 AM Re: 10 Ways Conservatives Can Fight Back [Re: olyve]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
 Originally Posted By: olyve
One time he shot back..."how DO you find all this stuff out"?
Ever you ever heard of "the google"?

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2