by Golem
07:32 PM
Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci Reunite in Irishman Set Photos
by Golem
09/23/17 11:38 PM
The Hoarding of the American Dream
by pondering_it_all
09/23/17 03:38 AM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
09/21/17 11:34 PM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
09/20/17 09:05 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/20/17 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
09/20/17 03:39 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16047 Topics
276622 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#303195 - 09/22/17 06:33 AM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Trump: Hey Rocket Man!

Kim Jong-Un: Whatever, Dotard.

LOL , ROTFMOL

#303196 - 09/22/17 12:00 PM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#303197 - 09/22/17 12:48 PM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
In keeping with the Elton John theme set by "Rocket Man," Andy Borowitz wrote that Kim Jong Un called Trump "Honky Cat." I love Borowitz's satire.

#303199 - 09/22/17 04:10 PM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: Greger]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I knew the word "dotard" but I believe this is the first time I have ever seen it used .... kudos to whomever wordsmith used it

#303202 - 09/23/17 03:00 AM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
The Washington Post reports that dotard meant "imbecile" when it was first used in the 14th century and comes from the Middle English word "doten," meaning "to dote," according to Merriam-Webster.

"It was used by Chaucer in 'The Canterbury Tales,' and it appeared numerous times in William Shakespeare's work, including 'The Merchant of Venice' and 'King Lear," the Post says.

"J.R.R. Tolkien was also fond of 'dotard,' which was a popular pejorative in literature and beyond. The word was used to insult Martin Van Buren, who preceded Trump in the White House by about 175 years, and by Union Army Gen. George McClellan to describe his Civil War predecessor, Gen. Winfield Scott, whom he did not like."

Google News

#303215 - Yesterday at 03:09 PM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Donald Trump has united the NFL: Ravens/Jaguars; and the NBA. He's unleashed a monster, and it's going to bite hard. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes an impetus for entire teams to kneel. I know I would, and I spent 30 years in uniform.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303219 - Yesterday at 06:07 PM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
I know he likes to pick fights with everybody, but this times I think he's gone too far. Attacking the NFL and the NBA is going to lose him a considerable portion of his base. What's next? WWE and NASCAR?

#303225 - Yesterday at 11:07 PM Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: Greger]
matthew Offline

'
President Dotard Bum?

By 2020, a certain political figure may have collected titles as long and convoluted as those that graced the Habsburg dynasty.

Emperor of Austria, Apostolic King of Hungary, King of Bohemia, of Dalmatia, of Croatia, of Slavonia, of Galicia, of Lodomeria, and of Illyria, King of Jerusalem, and so forth, Archduke of Austria, Grand Duke of Tuscany and of Cracow, Duke of Lorraine, of Salzburg, of Styria, of Carinthia, of Carniola and of the Bukovina, Grand Prince of Transylvania, Margrave in Moravia, Duke of Upper and Lower Silesia, of Modena, Parma, Piacenza and Guastalla, of Auschwitz and Zator, of Teschen, Friuli, Ragusa and Zara, Princely Count of Habsburg and Tyrol, of Kyburg, Gorizia and Gradisca, Prince of Trient and Brixen, Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria, Count of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg, and so forth, Lord of Trieste, of Cattaro and of the Wendish Mark, Grand Voivode of the Voivodship of Serbia, and so forth, Sovereign of the Order of the Golden Fleece

Edited by matthew (Yesterday at 11:13 PM)

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#303228 - 30 minutes 38 seconds ago Re: Round Table For September 2017 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Online   sick

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I know he likes to pick fights with everybody, but this times I think he's gone too far. Attacking the NFL and the NBA is going to lose him a considerable portion of his base. What's next? WWE and NASCAR?

Apparently Mr. Trump has never heard of "The Streisand Effect".

Kaepernick taking a knee was never about disrespecting the flag, or the anthem, or the United States.
It wasn't....EVER.
It was about taking a stand against issues which he felt impacted him as a black man, and it was about his fellow persons of color.
It was about his perception, a perception widely held, of injustice. It was about his right to express his opinion of those injustices.
It was about giving voice to all those who feel that they HAVE NO voice.
And taking a knee is not "giving the finger".
When you get on one knee, or two, it is not a sign of disrespect, it's a sign of humility, a sign of grief, a sign of PRAYER.

But now, it is so much more than that, thanks to President Donald Trump!
President Donald Trump decided that this issue was about demanding loyalty and FEALTY TO HIM, to Donald Trump, and Donald Trump's perceptions of the world, perceptions which describe WHITE NATIONALISTS as "very fine people", and NFL players as "sons of bitches".
And by doing this, he has also dragged the MOTHERS of these players into it because by association, they are now "BITCHES" who welped these people which he views as lower than dogs.
And by doing this, Donald Trump has laid down with his own dogs, and he has caught a monumental case of fleas.
So, this is no longer just an issue of protesting injustice.
Oh no, now this is about Donald Trump...Donald Trump the bully.
And I sincerely hope and pray that the entire National Football League takes a knee if only to let President Donald Trump know that he is NOT A KING.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2