The title of the thread and what was posted in the initial salvo seemed rather angry and hostile. Yes, a mix is really the best way to go. There needs to be some kind of social safety net so that those who fall on hard times have a chance of getting back on their feet, but the possibility of abuse of this net is great. We have a generation or more who have been trained to rely on this net and not find a way to earn a living.

I have no answer for what to do about HMOs. They cost way too much and often deny treatment for things that are life threatening. I don't know what to do about it, aside from marching on the HMOs with pitchforks and torches.

I see what we are going to get for a govrnment can be best described as "corporatism", government by and for corporations. I seem to recall Mussolini said that was what he was instituting in Italy. That worked out very well. ;\)

Before everyone goes crazy and decides capitalism is the problem, remember that all these nice things we have here in the US are a result of capitalism. By nice things I mean iPods, computers of various types, big screen TV's, etc. Crap no-one really needs, but they are dang nice to have. \:\)