Originally Posted By: issodhos
 Originally Posted By: olyve
 Originally Posted By: issodhos
 Originally Posted By: olyve
what are your thoughts about certain 'social' issues like education, health care and support for people who are unable to work due to health reasons (mental or physical)?

Do you support your taxes going to pay for these items, olyve?
Yours,
Issodhos
I very much do, Issodhos.
Basic education, health care and assistance to those unable to feed themselves is essential to a healthy and safer society in my opinion and I don't mind doing my part to pay for it.

Then you would not hesitate to voluntarilly contribute the money currently taken from you by government taxation, to be spent on these things you support, for those who could not afford them?
Yours,
Issodhos
Far be it from me to be suspicious, Isso but is this a trick question?
It seems to me that you're asking the same thing again.
Yes I do voluntarily pay taxes and wish more of them would go to pay for social programs I've mentioned.

Rich people who manage to avoid paying taxes piss me off so no I'm not going to advocate that I pay and others who don't care about the same things I do, don't.
I'm paying for plenty that I don't support...like the war. Like big bail outs.

But this thread is about what you believe in, not me. What is the Libertarian approach to these issues?

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."