The link wasn't working anymore, so here is an update on the "failure to transport" story: 4 Paramedics Suspended For Failing To Transport Dying Woman - Brandon Patch. This relates why I started the thread, Brown and White. Florida is particularly bad when it comes to making assumptions based upon color. I observed it first hand when I lived there, and it is manifest in so many ways. Man in deadly 'stand your ground' shooting won't face charges: police - The Hill; Is There Racial Bias in “Stand Your Ground” Laws? - Frontline (short answer: of course there is!).
Quote:
Whites who kill blacks in Stand Your Ground states are far more likely to be found justified in their killings. In non-Stand Your Ground states, whites are 250 percent more likely to be found justified in killing a black person than a white person who kills another white person; in Stand Your Ground states, that number jumps to 354 percent.
In the case of "the woman who wouldn't be transported," they just used an ambulance instead of a gun.