Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Gee, it must be difficult to be you. Seems like everybody is out to get you. So-called mainstream media (the 99%) says your favorite sources of "truth" (the 1%) are all fake.

Even the Wall Street Journal (which is pretty good on financial news) is now owned by Rupert Murdock. The problem is that editors-in-chief at his newspapers have admitted in court that their products are just for entertainment, not news. The are essentially just a big Nigerian Letter scam, putting the maximum amount of money in Rupert's pocket. He's not even Red or Blue: He's Green! (as in money) If a liberal slant got him as good a return, his papers would be liberal.

I would suggest you try reading the Christian Science Monitor.

Ah, you see? It doesn't matter what I said I read, you would find fault because it wasn't on the approved list.

Look, this is the facts, 40% of the country leans right, 40% leans left and 20% decides at election. You would think that it would be in everybody's best interest to just report on the news and leave opinions to the editorials.

I don't really care what you think. I don't really believe that you are informed as much as you are brainwashed. The fact that I go out of my way to find news is a rare thing these days. So, enjoy yourselves, knowing how superior you really are, and I will struggle along knowing that I am just some poor shlub who is inferior in all ways. Then, when election day comes, I will realize that politics are like a buffet; with all of the choices there are really only a couple that I would actually want. Recent history says that the shlubs are doing OK at the buffet.

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson