Quote:
I have little doubt that he will prove his Federalist Society bona fides, but there is a possibility (however remote) he could be truly independent

LOL ... If this was not serious I would say it is pollyannaism at its finest. Here's what I mean.

The Federalist Society has learned its lessons well and will not commit another error in vetting. When you say "little doubt" what I think that means is there is a .9999 probability J Kavanaugh will perform as expected. The small residual probability will depend on whether J Kavanaugh gets stumbling drunk, blacks out, writes an opinion he can't remember and sends to NYT. So when you get optimistic in the face of these odds, I have to chuckle.

I have concluded with more than reasonable certainty, every advancement in personal liberty will be overturned (gay rights and Roe); every federal regulation protecting workers will be overturned; every law legalizing religious (Christian only) discrimination will be upheld; the stack of money on my desk will learn to speak and breath; and this list could go on. I recommend everyone visit https://fedsoc.org/ to find out precisely what is in store for American jurisprudence and its real impact on daily life.