The problem is simple, if the president is incapable of doing the right thing then the congress should. If the congress can't then there should be a promise to un-elect the whole damned bunch of them the next time they come up for re-election. I know, wishful thinking. On the other hand I am REALLY tired of an electorate that rarely votes, is ignorant of what they are voting for/against, and, generally just as incompetent as them currently serving (the elected class, I believe, accurately mirror them that voted for them). This being the case, and completely unlikely, I would REALLY like to see a number of TV shows pointing out the obvious incompetence of the lazy voting public. I would suggest a test before voting so that the voter can prove that they grasp the basics. My problem with that one is that it would simply mean that even fewer voters would turn out.

The simple fact is that the system was designed so that out of control presidents can be dealt with, by the congress. The other simple fact is that the designers, obviously, never considered a situation wherein the congress, and the president, and the voters, would be so ignorant and incompetent that they would actually elect, and support, this particular group of self serving jackasses into office!

The shutdown itself is another opportunity. How about this. If them that claim to govern can't, and shutdown occurs, then REAL shutdown occurs. ALL federal employees walk, every one. If we are going to have a shutdown then lets have a SHUTDOWN! If that were to happen I would suggest that our coddled ignoramus elected class would probably do something rather quickly rather than deal with the resulting heat. There is absolutely no reason for these shutdowns and its time it stops. Eventually it will, when EVERYBODY is so damned angry that no matter what happens wounds will have opened and pain WILL be experienced by ALL groups involved. Actually, it dawns on me that the federal unions (I have, incidentally, never supported unions of government workers (that is why we have the civil service commission was built and are supposed to deal with)) could organize such a walkout (which gives me some humor).

A thought about the civil service commission might be in order.

The Washington Highway Department, years ago, had a worker that no other workers would work with as he was deemed to be dangerous by others. Everybody agreed that this employee must go and he was fired. The union didn't support him nor did anybody else. The man then went back to the civil service commission and plead his case. He won and was told to go back to work. When he appeared on the job the rest of the workers refused to work. The solution was almost edifying. What happened is that he was sent home to collect his wages and not work because nobody would work with him. He was able to live a rather good life, for about 10 years (before retirement) sitting on his fat ass in front of his TV. Just thought that might have been of interest.

Life is rarely as simple as folks think..............