Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I just want to let all Ranters know how much I appreciate you.

I have spent a month learning just how crazy it is outside of our little bubble here of sanity. I am participating on another discussion forum and the number of outright loonies there is astounding. I don't know if it is a representative sample or not, but I am just appalled at the absolute sycophancy and irredeemably gross mischaracterization of everything that is promoted by Trump loyalists. It seems impossible that it is not deliberate, or state-sponsored.

Speaking as someone who has tried out no less than SEVEN of the most popular online political forums, I assure you that the one you're referring to is perhaps the most civilized or close to it.

Put it this way, shutting down Stormfront has resulted in collateral damage. That's maybe a slight exaggeration, but only a slight one.

The bright spot in all of this is, it illustrates why the Rant is so important, and why it would be so great if we could attract more voices to the Rant instead of vice versa.

It still amuses me as to what would happen if Ranters all decided to "visit the other place" from time to time however.

Contact me back channel if you want more details.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)