Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Quote:
Probably happened, can't be proved one way or the other.

This is why we have police and collect rape kits. If she had just reported this it would have saved countless lives and America's position in the world. I have little sympathy for women who do not report sexual assaults. Yes, it may be painful, but think of all the women who he will assault later!

I would normally go along with this but for firsthand personal experience where the victim was pretty much mocked by police.
In fact, it didn't happen all that long ago, in Texas, and it is still fresh in my mind.

There are just parts of the country where reporting a rape is still a risky or painful proposition and you might just be treated as the criminal and not the victim.

Traci Lords had a lot to say about the long standing tradition of high school football rapes in her home town of Steubenville, Ohio.
She was raped at age ten, and her mother was raped at age twelve, the same age as some of the recent victims. Steubenville apparently cares a lot more about the lives of their football heroes.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)