Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Hitler was totalitarian, Pres. Trump is not. To say Trump is like Hitler in any way is ludicrous!
I want to challenge this a little: In what way is Trump not totalitarian? He likes "acting" heads because they don't have to go through the democratic process of being voted up or down by Congress. He dictates policy whether or not it comports with current law. He avoids any democratic processes like the plague (and he's a famous germaphobe. He says so). He fires any dissenters. What other aspects of totalitarian rule are missing?

With one small change what you wrote describes our Previous President.
"I want to challenge this a little: In what way is Obama not totalitarian? He likes "acting" heads because they don't have to go through the democratic process of being voted up or down by Congress. He dictates policy whether or not it comports with current law. He avoids any democratic processes like the plague..."
"I have a pen and a phone." Pres. Obama
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-i-will-use-my-pen-and-phone-to-take-on-congress/
Now you are being just being silly and obtuse. I won't play that game. Sorry.

No I am not being silly and obtuse! Nor am I playing a game.Pres. Obama went around Congress whenever he felt like it.