Originally Posted By: Greger
I think your party has left you behind, Hatrack. Everything about the Republican Party today is geared towards making money for corporations, making the rich richer and making life harder for the poor.

If corporations don't make money they go out of business. The "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" is bullshit! Wealth fluctuates. When even a corporation that was once the largest in the world, GM, can go bankrupt shows that wealth fluctuates. It should not have been bailed out.

Lotta bougies in the Democratic Party too, but we have other threads for that.
Quote:
You are the bourgeoisie. You can call it conservatism if you want but every time you guys take over you hand huge scoops of money to the very very wealthy. and funnel more money into the production of tanks and bombs.

No, I am not a member of bourgeoisie. No company of any size should get a subsidy from our government. If you read our Constitution Greger you will see that spending money on tanks and bombs is one of the things it is supposed to do.

Quote:
Perhaps you feel like this nonsense is sustainable? So what are your goals Senator? What do you want the world to look like in ten years? or a hundred?
Is Trump laying the groundwork for some grand conservative plan to combat global warming and create a thriving conservative global economy?{/quote]
What I want the world to like is in ten years is not something I worry about. What it will look like in 100 years I have no control over. There is nothing man can do to combat climate change. The climate has changed before man existed and it will continue to change.

[quote]Apparently you don't like the idea of a social democracy where workers are paid a living wage, have universal healthcare, and subsidized education. What do you envision? All I see is more kids in cages, more shootings and more people dying who can't afford medicine, but hey...you got a conservative solution for all this? let's hear it.

The wage anyone gets can be a livable wage. The reason people don't have a livable wage is because the have developed the habit of living beyond their means. At my last job I was paid $12.50 an hour and I lived quite comfortable. Not only was I able to live quite comfortably but I was able to live without a paycheck for almost a year. To live comfortable it is not how much you make it is how you spend what you make. I was able to that because I did not go into debt, instead I saved my money by living within my means. To have universal healthcare is to have free healthcare for all. To do that would require those in the healthcare industry to work for free. Working for free is definitely not a living wage. Do I have a conservative solution for the problems you claim to exist? Yes, it is to government out of our lives as much as is possible! What you want to see happen requires an ever larger and more intrusive government. Governments do not and cannot generate wealth. What governments do is confiscate wealth. Reduce the size of our government and wealth will be created. THe more wealth that is created the more money there will be available to reduce those problems. Will the problems you listed be solved? No, and even with the "social democracy" you want they will continue to exist. The idea that the problems of the world can be eliminated is utopian thinking. Remember that the word utopia is Latin for nowhere.