Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
How dare voters stay home and not vote for candidates to screw them over! Donít they understand how politics work?! Well Trump surely showed them their errors. Maybe now voters will fall in line with another corporate hack promising access to the bananas if they can only jump high enough.
Stay at home sulkers should really take a look at themselves in the mirror and reflect on how they, and they alone, have been responsible for the Parties presidential defeat. Clearly some folks donít know whatís good for them. Who the adults in the room are and other patronizing gibberish.

If you don't like either major party candidate, you have only a few choices. Stay home and don't vote, go to the polls and vote against both major party candidates by voting third party. 9 million voters did exactly that in 2016. Or one votes for the candidate you want to lose the least, not win, but lose the least. One needs to remember that 60% of Americans disliked or view that candidate unfavorable, 58% viewed the other candidate unfavorably or negatively.

My disgust with both major party candidates in 2016 lead me to vote against both. Even knowing what I do today, I still would vote against both.

If the major parties come up with candidates that are unacceptable, who's fault is that? Neither was acceptable to me, so I didn't vote for either one of them. Others went my route, still others said to Hades with it and stayed home.

I realize that those who are party animals can't understand why who they choose are not acceptable to everyone. Each individual is different, have differing political views, different likes and dislikes, view the candidates and parties differently. I don't hold staying home against anyone or voting their preferences whether it is for a major party candidate or against both.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.