Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:

[quote]I think it is dangerous to think the election is in the bag.

It's dangerous when voters don't show up because the polls tell them they don't need to. Don't know why you'd think it dangerous to be confident that your candidate can win.

It's one thing to think your candidate can win, it's another to take it for granted your candidate will win. Which I equate "In the bag," means.

Unless a couple of those Democratic candidates start to move up that I support, who wins the Democratic nomination is kind of irrelevant to me. But since you are interested in the states, that is where the nomination will be won or lost, not nationally. Currently in Iowa, its Warren, Biden, Buttigieg and Sanders.

In New Hampshire Warren, Biden, Sanders and Buttigieg.
In Nevada Biden, Warren, Sanders with Harris ahead of Buttigieg.
In South Carolina Biden, Warren, Sanders and Harris.

Then comes super Tuesday, a couple of states, the big ones. California Warren, Biden, Sanders and Harris.
In Texas Biden, O'Rourke, Warren and Sanders.

Around 40% of the total delegates are up for grabs on Super Tuesday, the chances are good we'll know who the democratic nominee will be after all the votes are counted then.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.