I disagree that liberals are worried about dwindling farm land. Yes, their all into what you mentioned. Which if fine as I side with them on those issues. But being pro-choice has nothing to do with building more subdivisions and shopping malls, the like turning once bountiful farmland's into concrete and asphalt.

Yes, modern equipment, hybrid seed, has increased the amount of food per acre by ten or more fold. The use of insecticides and other disease inhibiting sprays has also helped increase the yield. But at some point in time, we'll reach the the max or some disease or insect will become immune to the above and wreck havoc. Mother Nature can also play havoc.

Regardless of political ideology, political party, this planet of our can only support so many people. Can Soylent Green be that far around the corner? Perhaps China had the right idea, limit each family to one child. Drastic, yes. Workable, no.

Humans I believe are paving their way to their own destruction be that eradicating farmland, sooner or later there will be a nuclear, chemical or biological war, or perhaps something natural will occur. Asteroid, Super Volcano, pandemic, something else.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.