Originally Posted By: rporter314
I recollect the total emails which were mostly classified ad hoc as 113. Of that only 3 threads actually had classified material embedded in the body of the email. All of those were "confidential" and marked by the "C" indicating confidential. And of all of those all actual classified material was stripped from the body leaving only unclassified words.

Now of the other 110 threads most had to do with State Dept responses to a known black operation i.e. drone assassination strikes in pakistan. And all of these were originated by news articles which the sender requested State Dept responses. They were all classified because they discussed a black op which BTW was publicly known and especially after Pres Obama declassified on the fly a la Mr Trump.

In my opinion much ado about 3 email threads which had some "confidential" headers embedded in the body of the emails.

What really rankles me is the lack of good preemptive judgement on her part especially after 20 years of demonization by right wing nuts ... you would have thought she would have the good sense to use private email account for her private business and the easily hackable government servers for government business.

As far as deleting emails, NARA regulations at the tie allowed every person who had government accounts the opportunity to delete non-government emails at every persons discretion. That she would delete personal emails would be the same as any secretary in the pool deleting private non-government related emails.

As far as all the hubbub about backups etc coming from the right wing nuts ... they are all idiots with no knowledge nor understanding of how email servers work.

Well, perhaps a couple of thousand?

The State Department redacted about 2,000 emails before releasing them, saying they contain classified information — including some that have been withheld entirely because they contain "top secret" information.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/clinton-email-half-true/

In a letter to lawmakers, the intelligence community’s internal watchdog says some of Clinton’s emails contained information classified Top Secret/Special Access Program, a secrecy designation that includes some of the most closely held U.S. intelligence matters.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hil...cret-ig-n499886

If I remember right the number was 24 TS SAP messages or e-mails.

During my time in the military, I was involved in a lot of this both on active duty and as a civilian working for the army. Now as I stated, DOD is a lot more security conscious, aware and stricter than the state department. I never seen a department as lax when it came to security, both physical and electronic as the state department.

I for one don't hold states security procedures in high regard. Of course the two agencies are involved in completely different jobs. One is more concerned with diplomatic relations, passports and the like, the other in national security.

I have no doubt other state department personnel and heads used private e-mail accounts instead of the governments. That's the state department. I'd never even attempt to defend anyone who did that.

Like I said, it was probably decided it was better to let her skate than to have to bring out into the public arena a lot of stuff the government doesn't want the public to know. That I understand.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.