Not being all that partisan, I really didn't care who won in 2016. That is obvious by my third party vote against both. Would Clinton have been a better president, that is in my opinion a matter of personal perspectives. I'm glad Hillary lost, sad Trump won. That sums up my feelings.

I personally believe that each would have left this country in far worst shape when either one first enter office than when either one leaves office. That either one would have harmed this country. Of course that is my belief, not yours. It's my belief and perspectives that decide my vote. Not anyone else's.

I have no problem with those who think Trump is the greatest president ever and those who think he is the worst. Personal and political beliefs come into play. I also believe that almost any other Democrat other than Hillary would have trounced Trump. That Hillary by her laziness, her ho hum campaign, her inept campaign strategy, her persona that left folks with the feeling she was aloof and an elitist led to her loss more than the Russians or anything else.

Now I seen almost all Clinton supporters and most Democrats overlook the above and place all the blame on the Russians and none on Hillary. I've come to expect that, that doesn't bother me either. I think their nuts, way too partisan that perhaps they won't take the lessons learned from 2016 and apply them to 2020. It might be that those who won't learn from history are bound to repeat the same mistakes.

The biggest lesson the Democrats should learn is that candidates matter. Perhaps not to Republicans and Democrats, history has shown they vote for their party's candidate 90% of the time regardless of who their candidate is. It is to the independent, the less to non-partisan, the unaffiliated, the swing voter where candidates matter comes into play. Not the R or the D next to a candidate's name which for the most part is all the Republicans and democrats pay attention to. I wonder if the democrats have learned this yet. Time will tell.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.