Originally Posted By: logtroll
I posted it because it appears to describe where Chunks is coming from.

Chait is to liberals what Brooks is to conservatives. A courtier who will hopefully wake up one day and realize his influence and following was always small.

He still is competent at doing what he does, however, which is servicing the liberal class and telling them what they want to hear.

Smearing critics and making false accusations he takes what’s common knowledge and observation like, say, the increasing criticism of the left of the Democratic Party power structures and their impediments to economic and social justice, and creates false conclusions that reinforces the legitimacy of those power structures.

His takeaways are always ‘we did nothing wrong’ followed by a ‘it’s their fault we lost’.
He attempts to neutralize critics of his meal ticket by creating phony frameworks. The other side of the same coin as Brooks or Douthat, etc..

When I see Chait talk about corruption in the DNC or critique the incompetence of the historically expensive 2016 democratic presidential campaign as he does smearing Steins recount finances I’ll believe Chait is arguing in good faith.

Gawd, ‘anti anti Trump’ impeachment! Only the liberal class would elevate a smear as clumsy as that!

My only question is what’s so mysterious about where I’m coming from, Logtroll, that you need a courtiers framing to have it explained to you?

Should I go looking at BP press releases to understand your biochar opinions?

Edited by chunkstyle (12/26/19 12:14 PM)