Capitol Hill Blue
Vaccine Refusers Don’t Get to Dictate Terms Anymore (The Atlantic, Subscription) "People who opt out of shots shouldn’t expect their employers, health insurers, and fellow citizens to accommodate them."

I think the tide is turning in a big way, as this article notes:

"For months, institutions and companies have been drafting plans to aggressively promote vaccination or require it outright, and last week the FDA gave them license to click the “Send” button. The same day the agency granted full approval to the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, New York City’s public school system announced that its teachers and other employees will be required to get shots. The next day, Louisiana State University made a similar demand of its students and faculty. Within about 24 hours of the FDA move, other major employers, such as Chevron and Goldman Sachs, rolled out new vaccine mandates. In a novel twist, Delta Air Lines announced that it would impose a $200-a-month health-insurance surcharge on unvaccinated employees. Regardless of the reasons for their hesitancy, unvaccinated employees will literally have to pay for it.

What all of these decisions show is that the adults running major institutions in our society want to move forward, and they are done waiting around for vaccine refusers to change their mind. Outside of executive suites and human-resources offices, plenty of other Americans are also craving more certainty. Bars and restaurants that want to stay open are beginning to check vaccination cards—at least in states where supposedly freedom-loving lawmakers haven’t forbidden private businesses from keeping their own customers and employees safe. Couples throwing weddings are demanding that their guests upload proof of vaccination. These people disinviting their anti-vaxxer relatives are saying something important: Getting a shot to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 is both a social responsibility and the best way to hasten the end of the pandemic, and if you don’t believe that, we’re not waiting around for you to step up."

The Department of Education is stepping up, too: Education Department investigating ...ons for prohibiting school mask mandates (CNN)

"The Department's Office for Civil Rights sent letters to the chief state school officials in five states -- Iowa, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah -- notifying them of the new investigations into whether these state mask restrictions prevent students with disabilities from "safely returning to in-person education, in violation of Federal law."

Opening this kind of investigation, the department said, "does not imply that OCR has decided whether there has been a violation of a law that OCR enforces."

Investigations have not yet been opened in Florida, Texas, Arkansas, or Arizona "because those states' bans on universal indoor masking are not currently being enforced as a result of court orders or other state actions," the agency also noted in its release, adding that "the Department will continue to closely monitor those states and is prepared to take action if state leaders prevent local schools or districts from implementing universal indoor masking in schools or if the current court decisions were to be reversed."
Guess who is pushing back the hardest, other than Trumpers?
POLICE and FIRE unions.

There's so many that it takes a Google Search to list them all.

It's going to take a tidal wave of class action lawsuits to make them comply.
This is actionable in court as reckless endangerment of the public, who they are sworn to protect.
Hmmm, EDIT - - - Now that I think about it, it's also a denial of a person's civil rights because if I'm not mistaken I have the RIGHT to defend myself against persons intent on doing me harm, and an unvaccinated person in a position of authority can do me lots of harm by nothing more than taking me into custody and forcing me into close quarters in a patrol car while they spew their virus particles all over me.
Sometimes my head just spins....

I always watch World News with David Muir in the evening.
Tonight back to back stories.....new laws essentially banning all abortions in Texas.... next the number of lawsuits over mask mandates.
Cripe. Why can't I drink and drive?
Originally Posted by olyve

Tonight back to back stories.....new laws essentially banning all abortions in Texas.... next the number of lawsuits over mask mandates.

Okay. I’m stealing this to jumpstart a new thread.
I find it really strange that vaccines has become political. That I don't understand. Perhaps that in itself tells how inept I am at understanding party politics. But here's the latest from Gallup.

Update: American Public Opinion and Vaccination Requirements

https://news.gallup.com/poll/354506...nt=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

The third graph down is the breakdown by political party. From the article, poll above.

Americans' political identity is strongly related to their opinions about vaccine requirements, echoing similar partisan differences on such issues as vaccination hesitancy, mask requirements and the importance of COVID-19 as the nation's top problem. Very large majorities of Democrats are in favor of each of the five vaccination requirements tested, while slightly smaller, but still substantial, majorities of Republicans are opposed to each. Independents are more evenly divided, although majorities of independents are opposed to four of the situations, with a precise 50/50 split in opinions about requiring vaccinations for air travel.

Just check out the third graph, the number of independents opposed is another big surprise to me.
If I was a sociopath, I would say this is wonderful. Fewer Republicans left to clog up the works by winning elections, after many die from Covid-19. I wonder how it happened that they were manipulated into becoming a suicide cult, despite Trump pushing vaccine development, getting vaccinated himself, and telling them to get vaccinated.

Since I'm not a sociopath, I hope as the death toll mounts they will see the error of their ways. Then they can get vaccinated and live to vote again.
15 Miami-Dade school staffers die of COVID in 10 days: report
NBC 6 Miami

On Friday, NBC 6 Miami reported that 15 staffers and educators in the Miami-Dade County school system have died of COVID 19 - just in the past ten days.

Hmm
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
..Fewer Republicans left to clog up the works by winning elections, after many die from Covid-19. .
Darwinism. coffee
Originally Posted by perotista
...it [is] really strange that vaccines has become political..
Is it?

SEE: Donald Trump and his merry clan of misfits

smile
Originally Posted by olyve

How dare government take my right away of being propelled through my windshield in a head-on crash by requiring me to wear a seat belt! laugh
Originally Posted by pdx rick
NBC 6 Miami

On Friday, NBC 6 Miami reported that 15 staffers and educators in the Miami-Dade County school system have died of COVID 19 - just in the past ten days.

Hmm
But unmasked kids are not at risk and are no threat... right?
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Originally Posted by pdx rick
NBC 6 Miami

Hmm
But unmasked kids are not at risk and are no threat... right?
That's DeathSantis' position. coffee
DeathSantis

I thought of that nickname last night in the shower. We need to make sure every is calling him that, kind of like the santorum campaign.
Vaccine Refusers Don’t Get to Dictate Terms Anymore

Near as I can tell, vaccine refusers are still dictating terms.

Recent poll has shown Biden will lose against Trump in 2024.

That's how you dictate terms.

Nearby county commission has petitioned the Governor to make Ivermectin and hydroxycloroquine available to the public.

Anti-vaxxers have proven that they are willing to die for what they believe is right. That they would rather die than take the vaccine.

Like the Taliban.

Still dictaing terms.
They see things through an odd eye filter called a dictitating lamebrane.

ZOOLOGY
noun: dictitating lamebrane;
a whitish or translucent membrane that forms an inner eyelid in weirdos, dipshits, and some morans. It can be drawn across the eye to protect it from trust and keep it dumb.
There are 6 or 7 large random drug trials that include ivermectin under way right now. I predict that one or more will find the way they used ivermectin was useful, though not a "wonder drug". The in-vitro and India results seem to indicate that. The fact that it's inferior to vaccination will convert a lot of people. Like: "Why not use both?" There is no contraindication for that, except for pregnancy or MS. (Ivermectin causes fetal brain damage, while vaccination is very beneficial for pregnant women and even protects the baby after birth.)

Dismissing it as "cow dewormer" is not correct. It has been prescribed for humans over a billion times, and is on WHO's list of essential drugs. Until we have those trial results, I think the FDA should let doctors prescribe it, so people can take safe doses with full professional guidance. It's pretty harmless unless people overdose fooling with horse paste, or there is a contraindication as I stated above.
"CDC announces dramatic drop in annual head lice infestations in Southern United States..." About 6–12 million people, mainly children, are treated annually for head lice in the United States alone. In the UK, it is estimated that two thirds of children will experience at least one case of head lice before leaving primary school. High levels of louse infestations have also been reported from all over the world, including Australia, Denmark, France, Ireland, Israel, and Sweden. "For some reason, however, there is a low incidence of head lice amongst children of anti-vaccination activists. This is an area that we intend to study." In other respects, the southern United States remains as lousy as ever.
This is a funny story:

[url=https://www.huffpost.com/entry/covid-vaccine-mental-health-benefits_l_6138c73be4b0aac9c01ea4c2]Another Health Benefit Of Vaccine/url]

They claim they found mental health improvements after people got vaccinated, therefore getting vaccinated improves your mental health. This is the most common fallacy in the press: The post hoc fallacy. X followed Y, therefore Y caused X. But these seem to be legitimate researchers funded by the Gates Foundation!

They never considered the possibility that improved mental health led people to get vaccinated! That seems pretty obvious to me, and in fact Occam's Razor says it's probably the right answer. Aside from legitimate medical issues (extremely rare) you have to be crazy not to get vaccinated! My wife's twin won't get vaccinated because God told her not to get it after she prayed on it. She's counting on Larry Elder to win so he can cancel all vaccination mandates, and she can keep her dental hygienist job. I just hope she let's family members know when she does get sick so we can get her some monoclonal antibodies.
The link is broken…
I found it. Actually, they’re not talking about intelligence or mental stability over time.They’re talking about relief from stress and worry after vaccination.

I agree with that wholeheartedly; I felt much less worried after my first vaccination, even more after the second. That’s why delta was such a disappointment; it took away much of that sense of relief. For a month or so I didn’t wear a mask; now I wear one.

There’s a link to a summary of the study. If I can find it again I’ll come back and post it.

And here it is:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0256406
"CDC announces dramatic drop in annual head lice infestations in Southern United States..." About 6–12 million people, mainly children, are treated annually for head lice in the United States alone. In the UK, it is estimated that two thirds of children will experience at least one case of head lice before leaving primary school. High levels of louse infestations have also been reported from all over the world, including Australia, Denmark, France, Ireland, Israel, and Sweden. "For some reason, however, there is a low incidence of head lice amongst children of anti-vaccination activists. This is an area that we intend to study." In other respects, the southern United States remains as lousy as ever.

I think head lice should be a choice! Teachers and students have every right to keep their own lice as a personal decision and no one has the right to demand to attend schools that discriminate against people who have them. tinfoilhat LOL
Probably a reduction in scabies, mumps, and the common cold as well.
Who knew social distancing and masks would be so effective against the flu! We hardly had any flu cases this past year.

I wish all manufacturers of ivermectin in every form would put a big warning label on the package: VERY DANGEROUS FOR PREGNANT WOMEN

I don't think that is well known.
Actually, that’s kind of how abortifacients used to be sold, or rather the reverse: women were sold tonics that would “bring on delayed courses,” or, as you suggest, would be labeled as dangerous to pregnant women.

A lot of the stuff was purchased; most of it was codswallop.

I think women today are more leery of dying. I would think the extreme risks, are probably reserved to the extremely, oh, we’ll call them downtrodden.
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Who knew social distancing and masks would be so effective against the flu! We hardly had any flu cases this past year..
Yup Bow
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
I found it. Actually, they’re not talking about intelligence or mental stability over time.They’re talking about relief from stress and worry after vaccination.

The day Karen got her shot at the VA, I literally broke down crying with relief.
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
The day Karen got her shot at the VA, I literally broke down crying with relief.
I swear, every time I see this post I think that Karen got shot at the VA....
Originally Posted by logtroll
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
I swear, every time I see this post I think that Karen got shot at the VA....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
hey, Jeffery, just curious...what chair does Karen use? I'm in a Pride/Quantum J6. Tires are bald and the brakes are a little wonky going downhill but it's a beast and has never let me down. I really put it through its paces and these are amazing little machines.
What, you wanna race for pink slips?
It turns out, the vaccine refusers have control over Florida, anyway:
Florida Gov. DeSantis Taps A New Surgeon General Who Doesn't Support Vaccine Mandates (npr)
"This idea that people don't get to make their own decisions on issues of health related to their own personal health is wrong," Ladapo said, answering questions from reporters. "Vaccines are up to the person, there's nothing special about them compared to any other preventive measure."

Now, that's real sciency.

'Fear is done': Florida's new surgeon general outspoken critic of COVID lockdowns, mandates (Tallahassee Democrat)
"Dr. Joseph Ladapo — a UCLA medical professor who has published controversial articles about “COVID mania” and is an outspoken critic of lockdowns, mask and vaccine mandates and other mitigation measures — has been named as Florida's new surgeon general, Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Tuesday.

Ladapo, who was hired Monday at the University of Florida College of Medicine, said he wants to usher in a new era of battling the COVID-19 pandemic in Florida, one that sets a model for other states to follow."

Politics above medicine.

DeSantis names doctor opposed to masks and vaccine mandates as Florida’s surgeon general (Guardian)
"A medical professor who is opposed to mask and vaccine mandates, attacked concern over the pandemic as “Covid mania” and likened the eating of fruit and vegetables to the benefits of vaccination has been named as Florida’s new surgeon general."

"He has said that removing children from school is harmful to public health and is a signatory of something called the Barrington declaration, which argues that “those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal”.

Ladapo has so far not outlined any measures to help prevent Covid deaths in Florida but said he is discussing recommendations with his new team."

Sorry, Florida. It's just going to get worse.
Flor-duh has 52,000 death due to COVID. That's the RECORDED official count. It's probably actually higher. If you remember under Trump, red states were undercounting COVID deaths back then.

Keep in mind that 4,076,186 voted for DeSanits in 2018
Also keep in mind that 4,043,723 voted for his opponent.

That's only a difference of 32,463. As I wrote before, DeSantis' margin of error has already died of COVID, and it about to double. Hmm
It turns out, the vaccine refusers have control over Florida, anyway:
Florida Gov. DeSantis Taps A New Surgeon General Who Doesn't Support Vaccine Mandates (npr)...
Now what could go wrong when Floriiduh's new Surgeon General supports the use of hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin and who also casts doubts on the effectiveness of masks and vaccine mandates?

Hmm

...because at the end of the day, a guy who specializes in cardiovascular diseases and the cost-effectiveness of diagnostics, has all the public health and immunology specialization a conservative Florida governor could ever want. coffee
"Dr. Joseph Ladapo —UCLA medical professor who has published controversial articles about “COVID mania” and is an outspoken critic of lockdowns, mask and vaccine mandates and other mitigation measures — has been named as Florida's new surgeon general, Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Tuesday.

So we've hired ourselves a California medical professor... Hmm

It's just more red meat for the base. All the red meat in the world couldn't win re-election for Trump. We'll see how DeSantis' gambit works in 2022. Independents have turned on him and red meat doesn't satisfy them like it does the partisans. They care nothing for owning the libs.
Originally Posted by Greger
So we've hired ourselves a California medical professor... Hmm.
Now...now...let's be accurate. smile

Dr. Ladapo was recently granted a professorship at the University of Florida (UF) College of Medicine. Prior to joining UF, he served as an associate professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) caring for hospitalized patients. A graduate of Wake Forest University, Dr. Ladapo also holds an MD from Harvard Medical School and a PhD in Health Policy from Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Asscoiate Professor = not a real, full-fledge tenured professor. I did not know this until I Googled this guy - but he's apparently of the Mia Love, Tim Scott, Larry Elder wing of conservatism - you know that wing that thinks "they're not like the others."

Basically, it's a double "win" for DeSantis from a conservative perspective. rolleyes

Hmm
We will suffer through it, just as everyone everywhere has always suffered through bad government.

The very best we can hope for is Charlie Crist. A former Republican governor...
Originally Posted by Greger
We will suffer through it, just as everyone everywhere has always suffered through bad government.

The very best we can hope for is Charlie Crist. A former Republican governor...

This is more than just bad government. This is the dissolution of government of laws and the transformation to a government of men.
This threatens to be the end of government as we've known it for over two centuries, and the transformation to a neo-feudalism based technocracy that very well might empower man's basemost instincts to destroy modern society as we know it.

There are no Charlie Crists in such a scenario.
a neo-feudalism based technocracy that very well might empower man's basemost instincts to destroy modern society as we know it.

In some circles, we call that end-stage capitalism.

Bad government is typical government, so yes this is worse than just bad government. We're set to not just destroy modern society as we know it, but to extinguish all life on the planet. Which, apparently is better than paying higher taxes. or any taxes at all.
Maybe tax avoidance is an important motivator in the anti-vax movement: Income tax stops when you die.
Any mention of taxes and death will reduce those not subject to It to one of two reactions:

“The government is gonna take Daddy’s double wide and his ‘72 Chevy and we won’t get diddly.”

Or

“Sure, the family farm is worth $3,000,000 on paper but the good farming years are long gone, and we haven’t had any income to speak of in years. And we shouldn’t have to sell any of that $3,000,000 land to pay taxes because that’s only a government figure and if we sold the land we would lose our heritage and not make squat on the sale anyway.”

Both of them screaming to Congress, never knowing they’ll never in their lifetime be rich enough to be subject to the hated “death tax.”
Of course, if Daddy dies in the ICU with a million dollar hospital bill, the family will lose the farm anyway. But we'll just take this horse dewormer instead of getting vaccinated or signing up for highly-subsidized ObamaCare. Jebuz will protect us!
You always bring great science information to the party, PIA. smile
BTW as most of you are probably aware us over 65 old farts can get our Pfizer (and who are the other guys?) boosters shots… if available in your neck. I recently drove by the Lane County Fairgrounds parking lot where they are having a big booster Vax clinic and the lot was packed. I’ll probably mosey on in there sometime next week for mine.

I got virtually no reaction at all from the second shot so that’s always made me suspicious if it “took.” So to speak.
science information

Consequences of having a degree in Biology, working in medical research for more than a decade, and being married to a Veterinary Pathologist. And yes, I did help her study for exams when she was in Vet School! I did go on to work in software engineering and IC verification for decades after that, but I have kept up an interest in research. Especially when I got an MS diagnosis and caught Covid right at the beginning of the pandemic.
© ReaderRant