Capitol Hill Blue
Posted By: pdx rick Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 05:09 AM

Fck yeah!!!!!!

Bow
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 05:25 AM

October SURPRISE!!!!

Even Breitbart is reporting it.

Poor old, fat orange crackhead clown. Not the demographic that survives. Oh well... coffee
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:04 AM
I hope his doctors follow the FDA guidelines they recommend for the rest of us. They are pretty damned lethal for an obese 74 year old. How appropriate that he caught it from Hope, maybe his hottest "advisor". It's like karma for all his obnoxious sexual behavior.

This is going to have a great effect on all the Covid deniers and mask protestors. Especially if he becomes one of the long-haulers.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:08 AM
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
...This is going to have a great effect on all the Covid deniers and mask protestors. Especially if he becomes one of the long-haulers.

An iron lung and a gimpy right foot from the series of mini-strokes is not an attractive look.

Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:10 AM

Conditions not to have if you get Covid:

• Series of mini-strokes
  • Morbidly Obese
  • 74 years old
  • Poor diet

Trump will do anything to get out of debating Joe Biden again. coffee
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:25 AM

Hermie Cain took 30 days from beginning to end. It's nearly 30 days to the election. Coincidence? I think not!

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:30 AM

Trump got Covid to own us Libs. So much #Winning. MAGA!

smile
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:44 AM
It's his perfect defense strategy: He gets out of all the lawsuits and indictments by dying. Brilliant!
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:45 AM
It's his perfect defense strategy: He gets out of all the lawsuits and indictments by dying. Brilliant!

Rumorhazzit that Steven Miller is positive too. Basically everyone who flew AF1 to the debate will probably test positive.
Posted By: Ujest Shurly Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 11:13 AM
For President Donald (Coward, Traitor, Misogynist, Demagogue, Criminal, Serial Predator, Adulterer, Draft Dodger, Narcissist, Liar, Thief, Grifter, Incompetent, Bully, Braggart, etc...) Trump*
violin LOL ROTFMOL LOL ROTFMOL popcorn2 coffee :applaud:

*Impeached

For a human being eek

A thought, what if President Donald (...) Trump* is just using COVID to avoid the remaining debates? Would not surprise me, after all he is a coward...
Posted By: logtroll Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 12:13 PM
This is a very clever and interesting “October Surprise”, I must say...

Any other planned OS’s will have a hard time competing.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 12:58 PM

#PackageDelivered #MissionAccomplished

laugh
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 04:29 PM
of course you guys did not consider this may be FAKE NEWS

Yep as the originator and typist of this conspiracy theory I have heard it from reliable unnamed sources (yes the voices of my fevered screenplay imagination), he is faking it to avoid another debate and garner the sympathy vote

On a more serious note and in deference to the office .... may he get well.

and on a more critical note ... perhaps the experience will make an impression on him
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 06:20 PM

The Proud Bois are holding a tiki torch vigil outside of the White House for their Leader.

coffee
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 08:25 PM
I really doubt it's fake news. Catching it makes him look weak, and must be very upsetting for him. He admires Putin most of all because he rides around on a bear bare-chested. It also kind of craps all over his Covid deniers and mask protestors.

But God may have plans for Donald: Sometimes your highest purpose in life is to serve as a bad example for others.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/02/20 11:55 PM
They just said he's getting antibodies, Vitamin D, zinc, famotidine, and aspirin.

Of course he gets the un-approved monoclonal antibodies that none of us can get. I bet he's getting hydroxychloroquine too, they just didn't want to mention it. Zinc does nothing unless it has a way to get into the cells. That requires HCQ, quercetine, or EGCG. Know what's funny? No remdesivir!

The aspirin is interesting: Doctors these days recommend against it unless you have some history of clots. That suggests his previous trip to Walter Reed was for a blood clot to the brain. They can't do anything about thrown clots in the White House because they need real-time imaging to get the clot-buster catheter right on the clot. You also need some skilled doctors who have done thousands of those procedures. Not the ridiculous jack-holes Trump keeps hiring for his self-written doctor's notes. It's also tricky because they need to determine if it's a brain bleed or a clot. Totally different treatments, and the wrong one can kill you.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 02:37 AM

Kellyanne is now positive too. That was one super spreader garden party that Fatass had last Sunday.

coffee
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 02:57 AM
Quote:
the wrong one can kill you.

Now, that'd just be a damned shame, wouldn't it...?
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 02:59 AM

Let's just say the Trump dies a day or two before the election, does ol' Joe automatically win?

Hmm
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 03:09 AM
you are of course assuming VP Biden wins.

My guess is if the Trump-Pence ticket wins, VP Pence will assume an elevated position in government.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 03:14 AM
something of interest. GOP donors who attended rally at Bedminster are freaking out. some 30-50 of them had close contact to Mr Trump.

I would be pissed if I had paid $250,000 to get Covid.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 03:31 AM
Originally Posted By: rporter314
something of interest. GOP donors who attended rally at Bedminster are freaking out. some 30-50 of them had close contact to Mr Trump.

I would be pissed if I had paid $250,000 to get Covid.

Karma. smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 04:18 AM

All positive:
  • Kellyanne Conway
  • Chris Christie
  • The new campaign manager guy
  • The head of the RNC
Trump throws THE BEST garden party Covid super spreader events EVER!!!

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 05:01 AM

Doctors have initiated Remdesivir therapy on Fatass, which is the first time doctors have mentioned that additional oxygen wasn't needed.

Bringing up the topic of oxygen is not a good sign and does not bode well for Trump.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 09:25 AM
Quote:
some 30-50 of them had close contact to Mr Trump

I saw that coming a mile away. I'm just surprised he took so long to catch it. But I always thought he would spread it to a whole bunch of his supporters when he did. No mask, no distance, shaking hands, shouting.

So, what's happened to all the Covid hoaxers and mask protestors? Have they all slinked off into the night because they figured out they got conned?

As for remdesivir, it has some pretty bad side effects and not much utility. Sounds like they might just treat him to death.
Posted By: Ujest Shurly Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 11:33 AM
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Let's just say the Trump dies a day or two before the election, does ol' Joe automatically win?

Hmm

Since death occurred before the election, I would think the RNC gets to choose a replacement candidate as it does now. If death or the 25th Amendment occurred after the election and the Republican ticket won; VP Pence becomes President and I would think that come January 20th, Pence would be sworn in as President. The only good thing about the latter; is under the 22nd Amendment, President Pence could only be reelected one time.

Of course under scenario two above; the Dems will go the Courts and the Republicans would say and claim the election was valid and with the 6 to 3 conservative majority SCOTUS will side with the Republicans.

Then the Theocracy would begin and everybody would have to watch the Handmaids Tale every day.

Just playing devil devil advocate...

eek2
Posted By: Ujest Shurly Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 11:50 AM
They just said he's getting antibodies, Vitamin D, zinc, famotidine, and aspirin.

Of course he gets the un-approved monoclonal antibodies that none of us can get. I bet he's getting hydroxychloroquine too, they just didn't want to mention it. Zinc does nothing unless it has a way to get into the cells. That requires HCQ, quercetine, or EGCG. Know what's funny? No remdesivir!

The aspirin is interesting: Doctors these days recommend against it unless you have some history of clots. That suggests his previous trip to Walter Reed was for a blood clot to the brain. They can't do anything about thrown clots in the White House because they need real-time imaging to get the clot-buster catheter right on the clot. You also need some skilled doctors who have done thousands of those procedures. Not the ridiculous jack-holes Trump keeps hiring for his self-written doctor's notes. It's also tricky because they need to determine if it's a brain bleed or a clot. Totally different treatments, and the wrong one can kill you.

President Donald (...) Trump* is worse than they are telling us. They now have him on Remdesivir. They do not put you on two competing courses of treatment with experimental elements unless the patient is really ******. Or they gave the Remdesivir because of the election.

Well the next few days will tell...
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 12:14 PM

Quote:
As Trump’s condition deteriorated during the day Friday, the president and his team ultimately made the decision to send him to Walter Reed preemptively — and, from a public relations perspective, when he was still able to walk to Marine One on his own, according to one outside adviser in frequent contact with White House officials. They feared the possibility of a further decline, and what that might mean, both for the president’s health and his political optics.
Although Trump appeared physically fine, is reporting that the abrupt decision to move the president to Walter Reed.

- Washington Post

The Medical Center was done for the purpose of optics?!? The move was done while he could still walk?!? Ruh...roh.

Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 12:27 PM
Quote:
Get the sunlight in there. You just, I don't know, inject the sunlight. There's a way to do it. Right? And, inject some disinfectant to kill the virus.

- Donald Trump

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 01:05 PM

As an 'originalist' Trump should go with leeches and bleeding to stop the infection. That's what the founding father's would have done for medical treatment back in the day.

smile
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 05:02 PM
Quote:
what's happened to all the Covid hoaxers and mask protestors? Have they all slinked off into the night because they figured out they got conned?

Nope

I talked to one ardent cult member. He said Mr Trump was only tested positive ... meaning he didn't really have it and was not really sick ... o and if he did get sick it would all be over in 2 weeks ... nothing to it

he also said Mr Trump donates his pay to charity while Pres Obama took his pay and everything else he could get his hands on ... ya can't talk to these people and yes he is a real live racist and ignorant as hell

The Constitution protects everyone including the stupid and ignorant
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 05:38 PM
I've had a dozen different thoughts about this in the last 48 hours, from its a fake, to whether he'd ingest bleach....

The reality is, he's never been president. He's just been playing the Gorilla in the White House, throwing poop everywhere, and letting his minions run amok. He's a sorry excuse for a human being and the worst person to occupy the White House in our history, bar none. But, he occupies the office, and our enemies might take this as an opportunity.

I do not wish this disease on anyone. The way it kills is torture. We've had our own scare in my household, though all of us have tested negative. I'm looking to get a serology test next week, just to see, but all of us exhibited 2/3 of the symptoms of a "mild case", and stayed quarantined. We take all of the precautions, and he took none. In that sense, [censored] him very much. He, and they, deserve this. Their blatant irresponsibility has killed tens of thousands and karma is a bitch for miscreants.

So, to keep my karma balanced. I wish him recovery, confident that he will learn no lessons, and wish him sufficient health to get through his criminal trials and bankruptcy proceedings following his ignominious defeat next month.:) And I also wish you all a happy rest of the year.
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 06:16 PM
I'm sticking with my gut feelings on this...5 days.

Trump will be released from Walter Reed and back in the White House within 5 days. He will effectively be "quarantined" there but will not wear a mask and will continue with business as usual.

Because Karma is an imaginary thing.

He has said he feels well enough to walk out of the hospital today.
Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 06:57 PM

A couple of what ifs are in order. What if he dies? What if the whole bunch of them test positive? If he dies who runs? What happens if Biden gets it too?

That's just the beginning! We have about 4 weeks and its gonna be AMAZING! Nobody is going to really know, and everybody will have a different question to answer. Busy, busy!

I think we are now in the "hold onto your hats!" phase and wild will rule!

If anybody thought this would be this was going to happen it was never mentioned. I know some anti-Trump folks who actually and really believe that the Lord is speaking!

Then there are the hoax believers - they are flat out done! The anti-maskers are going to be fewer for sure. When one thinks on the non-maskers that have been attending Trump rallies one can only wonder their thoughts now.

This is one that will continue to give until the election - for sure. My wife can't stop giggling a lot. The talking heads, especially those who support the Dems are all professing their "worry" for the health of the president then, when the camera moves off I betcha they laugh like hyenas!

Its really strange. When it first started, with Hope Hickes testing positive we were sitting around thinking what would happen if nobody else got it. That would have been disastrous. NO MORE!

This morning there was a report from his doctors and nurses. Seems he had over a dozen of them. They gave their reports and, in the background his chief of staff was signaling what they could and couldn't say.

Every day more of his are reporting infections. Chris Christie is the latest, and fattest. We are told that such reports may carry on for at least another week. Right now they are reporting that Trump is just fine and dandy and, almost, ready to go back home. Given his past work history it would also seem he is actually getting more work done in the hospital than he has before his infection. It also seems that the White House folks are determined to keep the infections coming as they continue to not wear masks. VERY strange people, I think.
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 07:05 PM
Even though Trump will be fine, his shenanigan's have infected three senators. There's a fair chance this will derail the rapid confirmation of the new Supreme Court nominee.

So there's a chance that something positive might come out of all this.

Time is running out for them.
Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 07:15 PM
Oh, even if he dances through being infected, and returns to the fray he will than have to deal with the what comes next to almost all Covid Survivors. Here is the report by the Survivor's Corps and the Long Haulers"
Link to PDF File
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 08:21 PM
Nothing a snootfull of Adderall won't fix.

Trump is an old man...he's not particularly healthy, and he's not liable to live much longer anyway.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 10:06 PM
Why is Sen Graham going through this charade?
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/03/20 10:23 PM
We've been asking ourselves that for nearly four years...
Posted By: Ken Condon Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 12:56 AM
Of course he gets the un-approved monoclonal antibodies that none of us can get.

I thought Remdesivir was a polyclonal antibody. Close as to my understanding but different “parentage".
Posted By: Ken Condon Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 12:59 AM
Because Karma is an imaginary thing

Perhaps so. At least that thought is consistent with your disapproval of religious dogma.....
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 02:25 AM
Karma can be a real thing without a God. It's just the odds of everything always working out in your favor are very unlikely. There is no Teela Brown.

Actually, the most dangerous phase of Covid-19 recovery is not the viral replication phase. Getting an antibody infusion would make that phase end quickly. The most dangerous phase is the later one, where the immune system can go overboard and start attacking many of your own cells. That's the cytokine or bradykine storm, when you start developing micro clots and clogging up your organs. Any shortness of breath or coughing is this syndrome. Antibodies don't help, either. In fact, they could make the storm worse.

So Trump is not out of the woods, even if he walks out of the hospital feeling great. Lots of Covid-19 victims (even asymptomatic ones) walk out feeling great and then have heart attacks or strokes a couple of weeks later. Researchers at Ohio State University ran MRIs on student athletes who had recovered from asymptomatic or mild Covid-19, and found heart damage in 46% of them. Even if you are young and in top condition, catching it is not "harmless" as Trump claims.

And yes, we did get some pneumonia and both of our SpO2s went down. So my wife and I probably have some permanent lung damage.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 03:02 AM

I've told this story before, but since there are some newbies, I'll tell it again. smile

I was with Todd for 3 weeks short of 10 years. During that time, he threw people under the bus at his job to advance in the company. When I first met him, he was assistant manger at one of the company 20+ restaurants. By the time we broke-up his was VP of Operations.

During our time together, I was laid-off at the school district because of budget cuts. It was actually a voluntary lay-off on my part because the Union said that everyone would go back down the chain to positions they held before. The Union told me that last person was a single mother of three They said it would be easier for my to get a new job than for her. Just take a 1 year Leave of Absence and if things don't work out, come back. Since I had the college degree, I took them up on their offer.

While I was out of work, all of the bills from my big trip around the wold in 2001 were piling-up. Todd suggested that I file for bankruptcy and that I should quit deed the house to him because a judge would make us sell the house. I trusted him and took his advice. I to find out two things:
  • Judges don't make you sell you house if you file for bancrupcy.
  • Todd was in a new realationship with someone else
When he finally told me he was in the new relationship, it was painful and he assured me I would see proceeds of the house sale. Four months later when the house was being sold, he served me with a Restraining Order so I couldn't contact him about the sale of the house and I went to an attorney who told me I had no right to the house because I quit deeded the house to Todd. Todd sold the house and my portion was $30K. I never saw a penny.

Also during our break-up, Todd instigated a coup at work to take over the CEO's position. Todd went to the Board of Directors of the Company and laid-out why he should be CEO and the other guy dismissed. The CEO caught wind of this via me, and Todd was terminated.

Turns out that Todd ended up getting HIV after we broke up as well, never was tested for it, never knew he had it, and died from a rare blood-barrier brain disease call John Cunningham Virus (JCV). It's extremely rare. Hardly anybody gets it.

Todd's sister-in-law called me and told me. I went to the hospital just to make sure he was dying. Todd died 90 mins after I left from the hospital.

Morale of this story? KARMA Bow Now...if that's not Karma, I don't know what is. Hmm
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 03:25 AM
Quote:
There is no Teela Brown.

But if there were her name would be Donald Trump.
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 03:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken Condon
Because Karma is an imaginary thing

Perhaps so. At least that thought is consistent with your disapproval of religious dogma.....

I disapprove of all religious dogma besides my own. Which is also imaginary.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 06:54 AM
No Karma? At least there is serendipity:

I had been taking the MS medication Techfidera for a few years. My neurologist monitored my blood cell count often, because Techfidera can lower your lymphocytes to dangerous levels. A few patients end up with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) which is usually lethal. My level went down far enough to get into the PML danger zone, so I stopped taking Techfidera in January. Instead I relied on a high blood level of Vitamin D to keep me safe. So when Covid-19 came along I had a really high protective level of Vitamin D in my blood.

PML is a rare brain infection caused by John Cunningham (JC) virus.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 09:53 AM

Yesterday was a mixed-message day for Trump's Covid condition. Walter Reed Doctors held a press conference stating that Trump is doing great, had no oxygen "today" (SA 10/03), walking around. Mark Meadows his Chief of Staff held an "off-the-record" press conference and said that Trump's oxygen levels dopped on FR 10/02 and that is why he was rushed to Walter Reed and that the "next 48 hours would be crucial to Trump's recovery."

Trump was pissed when he found out what Mark Meadows had done and concocted a video with Rudy Giuliani to discount what Mark Meadows said to the media.

Per Raw Story

Quote:
Although not mentioned by name, Meadows was reportedly identified when an image surfaced of him speaking with the media outside of Walter Reed. That’s when Trump tweeted, “I am feeling well!” and then proceeded to call his former personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani to help him compose the following message, which he shared via video.

The comments infuriated the president, according to people close to the situation, and he intervened directly to counter the perception that he was sicker than the White House had admitted.

This sounds about right for Trump. Everything that Trump does is "positive thinking." Norman Vincent Peale taught Donald Trump to worship himself.

Trump's happy talk is relentless: Low Inaugural attendance? Photoshop in more people. More recently, Trump berated a news media who dared to take pictures of empty seats at his Tulsa rally, insisting his event was as packed as ever.

How can anyone really possess that much self-confidence? There has been no shortage of explanations: a huge inferiority complex, infantile narcissism, delusional thinking - for Trump’s undying self-assurance.

Recently on Frontline, the news outlet suggested that a book called The Power Of Positive Thinking, written by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale when Donald was only 6 years old, became important in the Trump Queens' household in where he grew up, and it played a critical role in his future. His parents, Fred and Mary, felt an immediate affinity for Peale’s teachings.

Per Frontline, on Sundays, the Trump family drove into Manhattan to worship at Marble Collegiate Church, where Peale was the head pastor. Donald and both his sisters were married there, and funeral services for both Fred and Mary took place in the main sanctuary.

Trump told the Iowa Family Leadership Summit in July 2015:

Quote:
You could listen to him all day long. And when you left the church, you were disappointed it was over. He was the greatest guy.

A month later, in the same news conference at which Trump tossed out Univision anchor Jorge Ramos, he again referred to Peale as his pastor and said he was “one of the greatest speakers” he’d ever seen.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 10:03 AM

Now about that video above...

"Some people are saying" the video was made on FR 10/02 at the WH before Trump left for Walter Reed Hospital and likened the video to a pre-taped video that Saddam Hessian used to do to control the narrative. As with everything Trump, no one knows for sure what the real story is. Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Yesterday was a mixed-message day for Trump's Covid condition. Walter Reed Doctors held a press conference stating that Trump is doing great, had no oxygen "today" (SA 10/03), walking around. Mark Meadows his Chief of Staff held an "off-the-record" press conference and said that Trump's oxygen levels dopped on FR 10/02 and that is why he was rushed to Walter Reed and that the "next 48 hours would be crucial to Trump's recovery."

Walter Reed's docs admit their SA 10/03 presser was not accurate.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 05:18 PM

SNL is back in the studio and last night was it's 2020 season premier. Weekend Update's take on Trump being Corona positive:

Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 06:11 PM
The medical talking heads of tv are all, pretty much, in agreement. Trump has been very sick and it wasn't easy. They all also agreed that there is a very long history of doctors hiding the health of presidential patients (actually, I think, all patients unless you are family). In this particular case I prefer the talking heads to Trump who is simply not capable of telling the truth (we ALL know this!)

When he gets turned loose is believe he will announce he is just fine, there was nothing to it, and very few are dying and they are all old and have other problems. Then he will repeat how good he feels. That will all be lies. He will also make fun of anybody wearing a mask and the white house will continue not wearing masks. It will be just as it was and nothing will have changed.

Oh, except for one thing. Trumps numbers are the lowest they have ever been. All that being said he does have that Barr 'investigation' which will, I suspect, try and take Biden down. The chances are very good that it will be so blatent that only his remaining true believers will believe it. Biden will skate.

One last actual fact - I am REALLY bad a prognostication and am regularly wrong. I actually went to predict it and blew 10 bucks and wasn't right on one damned thing.

Just trying to put it all into perspective!
Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 06:17 PM
I suspect that will be the tip of the Covid-19 iceburg. That little party they had outside was continued inside as well. Over 100 facemask free idiots all shaking hands, hugging each other, and congratulating each other at how good they are doing in packing the court.

My wife has assured me that the Lord is in place and ready to fix the situation.

Oh, betting on the actions of the Lord is, usually, a REALLY bad bet!
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: jgw
I suspect that will be the tip of the Covid-19 iceburg. That little party they had outside was continued inside as well. Over 100 facemask free idiots all shaking hands, hugging each other, and congratulating each other at how good they are doing in packing the court.

My wife has assured me that the Lord is in place and ready to fix the situation.

Oh, betting on the actions of the Lord is, usually, a REALLY bad bet!

#AmyCOVIDBarrett is trending on Twitter.

The woman took her six maskless children to the #RoseGardenSuperSpreader shindig. If the woman can't make sound judgement for her own children, how the Hell is she going to make sound judgment for the rest of us? Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 07:28 PM

So the Command Doctor guy at Walter Reed who got his residency is proctology (kidding!) and who is also spearheading Trump's medical condition pressers, throwaway admission is that Fatass is on Dexamethasone is a pretty big deal.

I can't believe the media is just glossing over that. Since June, Dexamethasone has been given as the last ditch effort to avoid a ventilator. The doctor admitting Trump is now on this drug, seems like something that should be bigger news.

Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 08:11 PM
Quote:
The announcement from Trump’s medical team Sunday morning that the president is on dexamethasone is sure to increase speculation about the president’s illness and was at odds with the generally upbeat description of his condition provided by his physicians. His doctors said Trump had not had a fever since Friday morning and did not have any shortness of breath. One even said that, if Trump “continues to feel and look as well as he does today,” their goal was for him to return to the White House on Monday.

Dexamethasone is generally reserved for patients who have serious disease. The National Institutes of Health’s treatment guidelines for Covid-19 say dexamethasone should be used only in hospitalized patients who are on ventilators or who require supplemental oxygen, and specifically “recommends against using dexamethasone for the treatment of Covid-19 in patients who do not require supplemental oxygen.”

- Statnews.com
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 08:19 PM

For the record, Sean Conley is not an MD. He’s a DO - doctor that prioritizes “osteopathic, holistic, approaches” to healing.

smile
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 08:40 PM
Interesting facts tell the real story:

1) Trump received the experimental antibody cocktail at the White House, and then later was rushed to Walter Reed when his SpO2 level dropped.

2) Trump was taking Vitamin D, zinc, famotidine, and aspirin at the White House. I assume he was taking hydroxychloroquine too (since zinc without a zinc ionophore is useless) but they didn't want to mention it.

3) Now that he's in the hospital, he's received dexamethasone.

His pet physician, who's main qualification was appearances supporting the President's pandemic ideas on Fox News, was treating him with all the latest treatments being followed by the anti-medical establishment fringe. He got some not-approved antibody cocktail, and Trump reacted badly. So off he goes to Walter Reed. I think Trump was dictating his own prophylaxis and treatment, the same way he writes his own doctor's notes.

The docs at Walter Reed are definitely medical establishment types, so they give him the only steroid proved by a double-blind random trial, instead of the fringe's "better" methylprednisone. They are now treating him by the book, as recommended by the FDA.

If he "gets better" does he end up a long-hauler? Does he have permanent heart damage? Clogged organs? Brain problems? We shall see.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 09:00 PM
Actually, the use of dexamethasone or any steroid is all about timing. Give it too soon and it tamps down the innate immune system and helps the virus. It should be given at the point the virus is mostly deactivated, and the immune system is still fighting the mostly dead enemy. If the immune system goes berserk and starts doing excess damage, then tamping it down is a very good idea.

They say it should only be given to patients who need oxygen, not because it helps oxygenate them, but because that is the right time in the course of the disease. If they never need oxygen, then they can probably do without steroids because their immune system is not over reacting. If they do get symptoms like shortness of breath, that's a cytokine storm symptom, not a viral infection symptom. They need steroids to calm the immune system. If you wait until they need a ventilator, lots of damage has already been done. Inability to breath on your own means you have a lot of microclots in your lung capillaries. People have a very hard time coming back from that, and probably will be permanently disabled. Those microclots are not specific to the lungs, they are systemic. The lung clots just show the most immediate symptom. They are also in your brain, kidneys, etc.

Dr. Paul Marik thinks steroid treatment for as long as necessary, at whatever dose is necessary, is the way to avoid long-haul status. I doubt the docs at Walter Reed will do that, since the "proven" steroid treatment is much more conservative.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 09:21 PM
Dr. Paul Marik thinks steroid treatment for as long as necessary, at whatever dose is necessary, is the way to avoid long-haul status. I doubt the docs at Walter Reed will do that, since the "proven" steroid treatment is much more conservative.

...and military types are very conservative. Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/04/20 10:00 PM

BREAKING: Trump Spotted in SUV Waving to Supporters Driving Around Walter Reed

WTF?!? Hmm

If this doesn't show what a selfish, inconsiderate ahole Trump is, nothing will. He put the lives of our Secret Service agents in danger for his incredibly selfish stunt.

mad

Die already m'fcker!!
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 01:59 AM
A weak sick long-hauler Trump would be much better that a martyred Saint Donald. I think we really need a gang leader for a massive RICO prosecution next year, to bring us back to being a Nation of Laws. Without him, there would just be individual prosecutions. Much less dramatic.

Right before and even into WW II, there were people in the US who supported the Nazis. The war itself got us almost all on the same page, and the remaining Neo-Nazis crawled under their rocks for several decades. We need something dramatic to show all the Trump supporters they were wrong in supporting a fascist.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 04:46 PM
Pence really needs to get an Amendment 25 appointment to act as President, as long as Trump is on dexamethasone. I didn't know about it's mental effects, but I guess it's a well known side effect to cause mania and psychosis. For example, deciding on a car ride to wave at fans while your are still quite contagious, causing all the Secret Service agents involved to go into quarantine for 14 days. The President is temporarily unfit for duty, and we have a procedure for that. Let's follow it.

He should not be making his own care decisions right now, particularly checking out on Monday. His doctors need to stop letting him make those bad decisions. If they need a 72 hour psych hold, they should do it.
Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 05:36 PM
Its become apparent to me that nobody is actually understanding our Dear Leader. Apparently, for instance, he firmly commanded those who would save him from Covid-19 and, again, actually saved himself due to his incredible knowledge in everything medical! He has also announced that, now, he has REALLY learned everything to do with Covid-19 and has promised to educate us in all things Covid-19! I, for one, am anxiously awaiting his revelations!

The only real problem I have is that there have yet to be any appearances of the Lord, in person, for all of us to see, admire and worship. I fully expected the Lord, in the person of Donald Trump, to appear complete with blinding ethereal lights and golden encirclement of his head as well. I further expect that he will go amongst his believers, lay on his hands, and cure them all! Of EVERYTHING! (except, of course, their undying faith and constant praising)

Again, I am simply amazed that not everyone hasn't yet come to terms with these obvious truths, revelations, and miracles!

Oh, forgot - Praise Be! (just thought I would put things into proper perspective)
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 06:09 PM
The President Himself has said that his cure is like a miracle sent down by God.

His canonization is now assured. Saint Donald of Mara Lago.

I tolja...FIVE DAYS!!!

He'll be back in the White House tomorrow.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 06:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Greger
The President Himself has said that his cure is like a miracle sent down by God.

I tolja...FIVE DAYS!!!

Greger willed this to happen. Blame Greger. coffee
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 06:42 PM
I've also promised you a Democratic takeover in November.

You can blame me for that too.
Posted By: logtroll Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Greger

I tolja...FIVE DAYS!!!

I smell a con...
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 07:43 PM
for he has risen from the darkness of Democrats hoax to enlighten America and make it greater. so saith the Lord.

For he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Kyrie eleison. Bow down sing praises to The Trump and pray you may be allowed into the warmth of his bosom. Praise be. Amen. Kyrie eleison.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/05/20 11:30 PM
He's actually going back to running his own treatment, during a very dangerous time for serious Covid-19 patients. He may well drop dead in a few days.

I learned something very interesting about Trump: He grew up attending Norman Vincent Peale's church every Sunday with his family. That's where he fell in love with The Power of Positive Thinking. That was the original tumor, which has grown into this huge malignancy we see today.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/06/20 11:08 AM

Conservatives want it both ways: They presented Trump as upbeat and still working hard on ramming through a Supreme Court nominee, but he's also so emotionally fragile his doctors need to dance around the truth and lie to him that he’s healthier than he actually is. That’s Rightwing logic for you.

rolleyes
Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/06/20 05:34 PM
I think he may have as many as 5 days left and then ....

its really quite amazing. I am to seriously believe he actually believes his own bullsh*t. When that happens all bets are off and, I think, usually ends in failure?

In the meantime, however, he is encouraging everybody to just ignore Covid-19 as its less serious than the flue or a cold. Its flat out amazing! He is simply ignoring the 210,000 deaths in the United States! Then, again, perhaps its a secret plan to take as many with him as he can?

the only other answer I can think of is that he is actually right, has found the cure, everything is dandy, and everybody else has been wrong for months and only he has known the truth and the cure and, finally, is telling the rest of us the secret but we must pay very close attention or we won't understand?
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/07/20 02:12 AM
Trump has beaten covid. Biden could catch it and die any day now.

Those staffers, press, and SS troops knew what they signed up for and knew the risks.

Most who catch it will be fine. Only the weakest will die. It's killing mostly democrats. Black and brown people. Most of those hurting financially because of covid are also democrats. Because democrat's are weak and make bad decisions.

Trump just proved that it's a hoax because it didn't kill him.

From Facebook
Quote:
A 74 year old fat guy who works 80 hours a week, doesn’t exercise, and lives on McDonalds and KFC just kicked COVID!
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/07/20 03:46 AM
Quote:
A 74 year old fat guy who works 80 hours a week, doesn’t exercise, and lives on McDonalds and KFC just kicked COVID!

First of all, Fatass is a lazy, shiftless Fox News binge watcher. Secondly, Trump hasn't hit days 7-10 yet.

smile
Posted By: Greger Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/07/20 04:34 AM
Quote:
a lazy, shiftless Fox News binge watcher. Secondly, Trump hasn't hit days 7-10 yet.

"They" are also lazy shiftless Fox News binge watchers and Trump has shown them that they too can survive it. They need not fear it.

Maybe not all of them will survive...but most.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/07/20 05:40 AM
A fat lazy shiftless 74 year old Fox News binge watcher, with an unapproved experimental antibody cocktail nobody else can get. We knew from the start that Trump would get the $30,000 antibody cocktail. Of course that's going to kill the virus, like everybody else does in five days with their own immune system for free.

Does it affect the autoimmune over-reaction to the dead virus? Nope. And that's what kills people. Considering Trump's timeline, he probably has as much dead virus as any lethal case.

The real problem now that Trump has signed himself out of Walter Reed, is he's gone back to one of the worst doctors in the US: Dr. Donald J. Trump

Colbert had a great analogy: Trump's White House safety plan is like a guy asking his girlfriend if they should use a condom. She replies: "Don't worry, I take a pregnancy test every morning."

I loved it when he stood there and asked "Am I immune? Maybe." So now it doesn't matter what he does. But every person working there and every person who has visited the White House since the Rose Garden event should be in enforced quarantine. Because they aren't going to do sh#t themselves. The White House demanded that CDC stop tracing them all, that the White House would do it. And they are not.

That's why I really think the Senate will never have enough Republicans to go back into full session this term. Mitch may think it will get better, but not the way Republicans are following Trump's lead. Actually, I'd like to see the odds on Mitch dying within the next month.
Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/07/20 05:33 PM
I think that Trump has gone missing, now, for something like 40 hours. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................
Posted By: Ujest Shurly Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/08/20 11:53 PM
Suprise!!!

CBS News reports that one of the experimental drugs taken by President Donald (...) Trump* was developed with aborted fetal tissue

He is going to hell...

ROTFMOL LOL ROTFMOL LOL

hitsfan

popcorn2 :ohsnap:

*Impeached
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/09/20 04:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Ujest Shurly
CBS News reports that one of the experimental drugs taken by President Donald (...) Trump* was developed with aborted fetal tissue...

The Evangelicals won't care....because its Trump. coffee
Posted By: Ujest Shurly Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/09/20 11:18 AM
Yea, I know Hmm

But, Hope Springs Eternal laugh
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/09/20 01:18 PM
Mr Trump could tell his supporters he is lying to them and they wouldn't care.
Posted By: jgw Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/09/20 07:23 PM
Every now and then TV will show Trump supporters watching him on TV. They are usually in a bar having a great time. Basically their reality is TVland and he is performing for them and they love it! Those of us who do not consider TVland reality just don't get it! Trump true believers are, I think, people who just can't keep up anymore and have taken another road.

I can remember, years ago <sigh> when there were people getting concerned about this and what to do about it. We are, now, waaay past that one! Now ITS A FACT! We are told who the core true believers are. They are, basically, poor, ignorant, folks who are more comfortable with beer and tv than where we are. The old concern was that things were moving too fast and certain segments of society were having serious problems keeping up with the continuous changes as technology continued to change society. There remain, even now, large groups of people who are sick and tired of everything changing on a regular basis. I believe that Trump True Believers are a major part of our society that just doesn't want to keep up anymore and have given up.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/09/20 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: jgw
Every now and then TV will show Trump supporters watching him on TV. They are usually in a bar having a great time. Basically their reality is TVland and he is performing for them and they love it! Those of us who do not consider TVland reality just don't get it! Trump true believers are, I think, people who just can't keep up anymore and have taken another road.

I can remember, years ago <sigh> when there were people getting concerned about this and what to do about it. We are, now, waaay past that one! Now ITS A FACT! We are told who the core true believers are. They are, basically, poor, ignorant, folks who are more comfortable with beer and tv than where we are. The old concern was that things were moving too fast and certain segments of society were having serious problems keeping up with the continuous changes as technology continued to change society. There remain, even now, large groups of people who are sick and tired of everything changing on a regular basis. I believe that Trump True Believers are a major part of our society that just doesn't want to keep up anymore and have given up.

Makes sense. Hmm
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/12/20 03:46 PM
Has Trump learned anything from Covid-19? Absolutely not (Guardian, Opinion) "We’d like to believe that suffering instructs and ennobles. But, once again, Donald Trump seems to be ineducable"
Quote:
Ever since we learned that there are ways to limit the spread of Covid-19, we have understood that mask-wearing was intended not only to safeguard our own wellbeing but to ensure the safety of others. Social distancing was not simply a means of personal protection but a civic responsibility that might protect the most vulnerable – and, as it has turned out, the otherwise healthy young people who, tragically, have succumbed to the virus.

Even if we don’t believe in science, even if we don’t believe in the virus, even if we don’t believe in the efficacy of wearing masks, we might, it seems to me, have adopted some version of Pascal’s famous wager. Though the existence of God cannot be definitively proven, posited the 17th-century philosopher, it would be wise to assume and behave as if God does exist....

Regardless of our stance on the course and prevention of the pandemic, why not take the gamble: wear a mask, keep our distance – and protect the lives of other people? But this response presupposes that we care about the lives of other people.

Donald Trump, his advisers and many of his fans have made it abundantly clear that they do not.
Quote:
We’d like to believe that suffering instructs and ennobles; that our grief, fear and pain increases our sympathy for the grief, fear and pain of others. But again, Donald Trump seems to be ineducable, impervious to shame, guilt or any sense of personal responsibility, unaffected by anything except vanity, selfishness and reckless self-regard. Certainly, the experience of having his blood oxygen level drop so low that supplemental oxygen was required must have been alarming, and yet the president continues to believe that bluster is the best medicine.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Trump HAS Covid!!!! - 10/12/20 07:07 PM
gee ... another example of people not realizing the obvious .... Mr Trump suffers from narcissistic personality disorder .... he can't learn ... he lives in a delusion of his own making
© ReaderRant