Posted By: logtroll Wizard of Oz - 02/21/21 02:49 PM
Which character do you identify with?

Mine was the Scarecrow.
Posted By: Greger Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/21/21 02:55 PM
The wicked witch.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/21/21 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Greger
The wicked witch.

Which Wicked Witch? Both East and West Witches were evil similar to coastal political parties, so it's better to specify by characteristics as neither had names.

WWI: East, Flattened by house, sans Ruby Slippers
WWII: West, Has winged monkeys, and water soluble

I suspect you associate with WWII, as WWI was rather only two dimensional.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/21/21 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: logtroll
Which character do you identify with?

Mine was the Scarecrow.

You have to ask?! ROTFMOL
My Fealty to Felidae is well known! So, Obviously the post-Oz transformed Lion.

Striped or Vanilla I have basic Pantherinae feelines but with party loyalty to Panthera! I draw the line when it comes to the nearly extinct third party Neofelis!
Posted By: Irked Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/21/21 05:02 PM
Id have to go with Lion, Cowardly.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/21/21 05:47 PM
On the other hand I can relate to the Coroner. Although I never was an Official Coroner, I played his deputy on some busy payday weekend nights when the Durham knife and gun club held their biweekly meetings, and I like the Black Hat! TAT

Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/22/21 03:05 AM
I always liked the Flying Monkeys. That just seemed like a cool gig. Imagine how much fun they would have once the witch was melted.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/22/21 07:32 PM
On the other hand, Winged monkeys, AKA Minions, have played a huge role as the administraitors of he who has gone. There will never be unemployed Winged monkeys, as when a new Pres takes over, the monkeys just find opportunities lobbying.
They are the narcissists crucial enablers!
Posted By: Irked Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/23/21 02:31 AM
Tic-toc tic-toc SQUAWK! !
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/23/21 03:16 AM
Billina scrambles Nomes
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Wizard of Oz - 02/23/21 03:49 AM
Baum's away! 15 things about Frank Baum

We live 4.4 miles from Frank Baums last home and 22 miles from his birthplace in Chittenango. They have an Oz festival there, most years. I actually saw some of the original Munchkins when they came to visit sick kids in the hospital. My father and grandparents were big Oz fans, and I have some of the original book disintegrating sadly. Naturally I read many of the books to our kids, and Baum must have realized this would be happening, and tosses in many interesting puns and such to keep the parents amused, but way over the kids heads. I still dislike eggs!
Tat
finally not offtopic grin
© ReaderRant