Capitol Hill Blue
Posted By: rporter314 Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/03/21 05:19 PM
I have been closely following all election recounts and audits in search of "rampant" voter fraud (read this to mean voter impersonation fraud vis a vis voter registration fraud). I have often told my many Trump supporting acquaintances I volunteer them to count ballots, in order to prove to themself there was no fraud. Every recount/audit sustained the conclusion there was no "rampant" voter fraud.

Arizona. This is a case in which I would have volunteered every ordinary Trump supporter to count ballots, but that is not the situation. In this recount we have a person who promoted voter fraud in search of the fraud he believes exists. So it crossed my mind ... if he accurately counts the ballots he will find no fraud. So what is the game? Welllll ... he also believes in every qanon conspiracy. So I will speculate he will apply all conspiratorial nonsense to ballots as the criteria for legitimacy. Thus he will throw out a literal truck load of Biden ballots as fake, because they satisfied qanon conspiracies i.e had improper watermark (and these clowns do not know what a watermark is), printer artifacts, etc.

The report will read Mr Trump won because of rampant voter fraud.
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/03/21 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by rporter314
I have been closely following all election recounts and audits in search of "rampant" voter fraud (read this to mean voter impersonation fraud vis a vis voter registration fraud). I have often told my many Trump supporting acquaintances I volunteer them to count ballots, in order to prove to themself there was no fraud. Every recount/audit sustained the conclusion there was no "rampant" voter fraud.

Arizona. This is a case in which I would have volunteered every ordinary Trump supporter to count ballots, but that is not the situation. In this recount we have a person who promoted voter fraud in search of the fraud he believes exists. So it crossed my mind ... if he accurately counts the ballots he will find no fraud. So what is the game? Welllll ... he also believes in every qanon conspiracy. So I will speculate he will apply all conspiratorial nonsense to ballots as the criteria for legitimacy. Thus he will throw out a literal truck load of Biden ballots as fake, because they satisfied qanon conspiracies i.e had improper watermark (and these clowns do not know what a watermark is), printer artifacts, etc.

The report will read Mr Trump won because of rampant voter fraud.

I haven't paid one bit of attention to the Arizona recount. It's a total waste of time, energy and money, it won't change a thing. I'm pretty sure it won't change anyone's mind whether one believes fraud took place or fraud didn't. To those who think the election was legit,along with those who think there was fraud, their minds are already made up. It's probably being done so those few who think and profess fraud will continue to do so. Besides, if if Arizona was overturned somehow, which I think is impossible since the votes were certified and accepted as final. It wouldn't change the outcome. Arizona's 11 electoral votes isn't enough. That would give Trump 243, still a long way from the needed 270. A total waste and totally irrelevant.

Even if you gave both Arizona and Georgia to Trump, that is 259, still short. Does Trump and his supporters even know it takes 270 to win? It sure doesn't look like it.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/03/21 07:02 PM
They are now saying that Trump is watching the Arizona recount closely. The company running it is owned by a Trumpite. At least one of the neutral folks doing the counting was a Republican that lost in last election. Everything is secret. Hopefully, when its done, they will, at least, make sure that they are getting back their ballots and that they have not been changed. I wouldn't trust this recount unless it agreed with those that were done publicly by hand.

The only good thing is that this recount is a Trump deal and Trump; deals tend to fail.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/04/21 08:50 PM
This is not about un-ringing the bell. The certification ship sailed ... the electoral vote count sailed .... Pres Biden is indeed the president.

This is about providing "facts" for the people who believe Mr Trump is the son of god ... he won the election. It provides a palpable rationalization in the face of incontrovertible evidence the election was stolen.

Supporting Mr Trump is a religious act of faith. He is the voice crying out in the wilderness. He is their voice. The voice of disenfranchised ignorance and paranoia.

The impact is more powerful than you may think. I have overheard the words "civil war" spoken in hushed tones by these people. If I should ask any of them would they allow a secret partisan recount conducted by the most ardent Biden supporter, they would in loud chorus say no. But if I point out the obvious, they would say it is ok.
A reporter was ejected because he took a picture of one of the "counters" who was at the January 6th insurrection!
The Arizona Secretary of State should have officially announced that the ballots were no longer valid when they went into Cyber Ninja possession. That was the event that broke the chain of custody, not the bogus "counting".
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/04/21 11:30 PM
Supporting Mr Trump is a religious act of faith. He is the voice crying out in the wilderness. He is their voice. The voice of disenfranchised ignorance and paranoia.

Aint it the truth though?

From the looks of things these folks are gonna cobble together whatever "facts" they want and the Trumpies are gonna eat it it up.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/05/21 06:15 PM
Yep, the attorney general should have done that. That being said I suspect that once the ballots have been counted, recounted, and accepted by congress I am not sure that they have any validity. I do wonder, however, do states keep all their ballots forever? I suspect they normally get tossed after everything is settled by congress, which they were.

They are starting to mention "civil war" on TV
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/06/21 03:13 AM
Latest conspiracy criteria .... bamboo ballots. Yep ... that's right. Some one in asia printed ballots on bamboo paper with Bidens name.

They are looking for ways to throw out Biden ballots. They are looking to throw out 10, 458 Biden votes. Can they do it? Of course they can. Qanon will supply these clowns with all kinds of "reasons" why ballots should be thrown out.

In the end Cyber Ninja will report there was indeed voter fraud and Mr Trump really won Arizona. The Big Lie will then become The Big Truth.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/06/21 03:59 PM
Bamboo ballots, eh?

Maybe we could put a partisan team of counters and hackers together to review the results in the states Trump won?

A team made up of BLM members and Antifa. Funded by and bussed from state to state by George Soros.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/06/21 06:13 PM
There are so many things wrong with what you said! No sense even listing them. All that being said you are probably right. The next step will probably be the Republicans holding their own elections and refusing to vote in the normal elections as they are are fake.

We live in VERY strange times!
I read something about a legal requirement the Secretary of State has to keep the ballots safe for 22 months, which has already been violated. So if anything ever goes to court, I think those ballots will be null and void. Seems what is happening in Arizona may also be in violation of federal election laws so this could end with indictments. AG Garland and his Justice Department are looking into it.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/07/21 04:57 PM
Its loonacy, pure and simple. It is also a violation of the constitution. Given how the new AG is doing I suspect they are in deep doodoo.
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/07/21 05:46 PM
My only hope is that all of these post-election shenanigans result in loss of Republican enthusiasm to vote.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/07/21 06:43 PM
My only hope
=naive liberal optimism.

Seems like no one believed it could be possible these cretins would do something as despicable as attempting to overthrow an election ... and yet I typed about it extensively prior to the election.

These folks are 100% batsheis crazy. There will be no loss of enthusiasm for The Trump ... leader extraordinaire .... bow down .... NOW!!!!!

So I am trying to wrap my head around this idea .... what happens to all these crazies when Mr Trump dies? It is a cult of personality ... cult of Trump. I see a lot of poseurs, but no one who has what it takes to assume Trump's mantle. Will they simply explode i.e. attempt a civil conflict? I am listening closely to their insanity.

If you want to know which way the wind blows .... stick your head outside the window.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/08/21 01:28 AM
.... what happens to all these crazies when Mr Trump dies?

This is something I'm really anxious to find out.

Ron DeSantis has already assumed the mantle. He had been a fair and able administrator. A pretty good governor. Until this shot at the White House popped up and he has suddenly become a petty and thuggish tyrant. He's on display and he's got to seize the day...

If there is a day to be seized.

These same folks used to be the TEA Party. When Trump is gone they'll find some other rallying cry. They seem to number about 30% and they seem to be consistent throughout history.

The Arizona recount is supposed to take months. More than anything else it is a publicity stunt to keep the Big Lie front and center in the headlines for as long as possible.
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/08/21 02:28 AM
The 30% number seems right to me. I haven't followed DeSantis. Now I think Kemp has been a good governor for Georgia. But he'll probably pay the price for not finding the 11,800 and some odd votes for Trump, along with having the results certified. Kemp and Raffensperger will both be primaried out next year. Trump's revenge.

It seems their political careers are at an end. The Arizona recount means nothing and outside of this site, I know of no one paying attention to it. It won't and can't change a thing as the results are certified and final.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/08/21 04:45 PM
Bamboozled is not derived from bamboo, but rather from the French meaning converting one to a baboon.
Seems appropriate!

Tat
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/08/21 06:12 PM
The bamboo paper theory is the brainchild of Jovan Pulitzer. This guy says he can simply look at a ballot and tell if it is legit. Yep these clowns are checking if mail-in ballots have been folded ... high DPI cameras apparently can detect bamboo fibers and other Chinese grasses .... ultra violet can detect secret marks on paper ... high intensity lights can detect the Trump watermark .... a hand passed over the surface can detect engraved ballots or lithographed ballots ... etc, and I havent gotten to authentication of signatures or "suspicious" registration cards.

I would like to add, should anyone have Doug Logan's email, he should be checking ballot thickness. Yep. Trump ballots are thicker (and thus better and greater and most importantly ... legitimate) than the thinner Biden ballots, which are fraudulent.

These clowns are too frakking stupid to know or understand that there are literally thousands of tests which they can perform on paper and ink to detect .... fraudulent ballots.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/08/21 06:19 PM
The Republicans have, obviously, decided to go their own way and its waaaay out there. Basically they are determined to ignore the reality that the rest of us tend to believe in. I mentioned someplace that they might even setup their own voting thing and ignore the one the rest of us vote in. I no longer question whether they are going to have their very own ballots and voting. I am now awaiting the announcement that they can no longer take part in the fake voting procedures and have now created their very own.

Woooopeee!!
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/08/21 08:22 PM
Freaks and weirdos are being allowed to bastardized AZ ballots with black lights looking for "bamboo fibers" and watermarks in order to keep Trump's "Big Lie" front and center that he actually won the 2020 Election.

As if the most hated, the most inept and incompetent, the biggest lying POTUS would ever be re-elected. rolleyes
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/08/21 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by rporter314
So I am trying to wrap my head around this idea .... what happens to all these crazies when Mr Trump dies? It is a cult of personality ... cult of Trump. I see a lot of poseurs, but no one who has what it takes to assume Trump's mantle. Will they simply explode i.e. attempt a civil conflict? I am listening closely to their insanity.
One need not look any further than North Korea for The Answer: Kim Jong Il succeeded his father, Kim Il-sung and was succeeded by his son, Kim Jong Un. Trump anticipates this same succession protocol, and Don Jr. is the designated heir apparent. There is, however, some consternation within the cult, as there is a faction that supports Ivanka over Donny Jr. Neither, however, has anything like their father's pull within the cult, so it remains to be seen if Barron can displace them. I think obtaining Novichok from Putin and hiring some foreign nationals to "prank" a relative is the current method du jour.
Barron Trump is the Feyd-Rautha of the Trump dynasty, for you Dune fans: The "savior" brought in after the beast, so everybody loves him.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/09/21 04:11 PM
Never underestimate the American voting public. There are a huge number of them which will vote for Trump. On the other side also remember how they vote. A good example was the recent Texas vote. Over half of them never even bothered to vote!

In other words, do not count Trump out. I, for instance, think that Putin is pulling his chain as I don't believe he is smart enough to do it on his own. Putin is in debt for approximately 4 billion dollars, that has been researched. He is, as far as anybody knows, not paying it back! Apparently there is not a bank in the world which will give him any money yet is continues to live the good life. My major hope is that the array of law suits against him will bear fruit and he will have the opportunity to either move to Russia or go to prison.
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/09/21 05:50 PM
The historical average of those who don't vote is 45% in presidential elections and 60% in midterms. 38% VAP didn't not vote in 2020, 45.2% didn't vote in 2016 and 46.2% failed to vote in 2012. Midterms 50% didn't vote in 2018, 62% didn't vote in 2014 and 59% failed to vote in 2010.

The lowest turnout for a recent presidential election was 49% in 1996, that was the lowest since 1924 when 48.8% showed up to vote. The highest recent turnout was the 62% VAP, you have to go back to 1960 to top that when 62.8% turned out to vote in the presidential election.

Here on this we are political or at least pay attention to politics, I'd say half of all Americans don't except in a presidential election. Since the historical average for midterms is 40%, that to me is 3/5th of Americans don't pay any attention to congress either. At least not enough to care to vote.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/10/21 05:13 PM
In my last posting I was not clear. I meant that half of the Democrats that voted previously didn't vote in the last vote in Texas. I suspect that ALL those on the right did vote! Seems to me that the Dems, this time, pretty much defined how its gonna go in 2022?
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/11/21 02:08 PM
Chad won't just hang himself, so unnecessary lynching has been approved deadhorse

TAT
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/11/21 02:18 PM
succession protocol

hmmm ... ok. I don't seen a succession protocol for these folks.

I think it more about personality, ergo cult of personality, than bloodlines. They like the narcissism (even though they don't know what it is) ... greatest ... bigger than life .... sucking ALL the oxygen from living humans ... and absolutely make it about Trump. The rest of the family is run of the mill rich people egos, but none of them as far as I can tell are narcissists. That is the one big appeal as a person i.e. he can grab women ... double down on it and they don't care.

Of course the message is important i.e. the politics of division and he is a "master" of media manipulation. When Trump bloodlines try this, they sound and appear anemic. It looks fake ... contrived. The faithful believe it was stolen only because Trump said it. They don't care that the Kraken Lady says she lied.

While I have seen the Trumpite who wore a shirt with the lineage on it, I don't think he has an audience or paying customers who would buy that shirt.

Currently I think should Trump die, there would be a mad scramble to anoint oneself as the heir of Trump's ignorance. Cruz, Hawley, Green, and all the other nuts will say, Mr Trump gave his blessing to them. They were true believers in the Trump message and his persona. I don't see anyone with the wherewithal to assume Trump's role in the same way as Trump did.

I think there will be a lot of aimless people looking for the next demagogue, which does not bode well of the health of American Democracy.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/11/21 04:21 PM
Ron DeSantis is the next demagogue. "They" already love him, he's thin skinned, hates the press, whines like a little b*tch, has signed ant-voting legislation(exclusively on FOX News) and has signed new anti-trans laws.

He is already the assumed running mate if Trump runs again and will take up the mantle of nominee should Trump decline.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/13/21 05:33 PM
I saw an interview of a couple of the leaders of the recount/audit. They both said they were mythbusters ... trying to dispel all the crazy theories like bamboo, or watermarks and prove to people not to believe those theories.

I found it weird since these guys believe the election was stolen. So how was it stolen?
Posted By: logtroll Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/15/21 11:59 AM
Doesn’t look like the “audit” has any chance of getting though all 2.1 million ballots, much less doing a credible job of it.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/15/21 03:55 PM
Don't underestimate the crazies.

Their sole effort is to "prove" Trump won Maricopa Co. Since there is no script to follow the first thing will be to disallow as many Biden votes as possible for every made up reason they can imagine i.e. the circle is not fully filled in, irregularities in card stock, ink variations, and any other imaginable whim. Since there are no real time tabulators they can change the count totals arbitrarily to ensure Trump won by disallowing enough Biden votes for Trump to win. This is precisely what Trump told Gov Kemp to do i.e. find the votes for Trump to win.

Whats strange about this is if Trump supporters were told Democrats were doing precisely the same thing, they would conclude this is exactly how Democrats cheat to win.
It's interesting: If Governor Kemp had gone along and "found" those Trump votes, he would be indicted for voter fraud by the Justice Department. If the Georgia legislature had put Trump's "find those votes" order to a vote, and then voted to commit election fraud, they would be indicted for voter fraud by the Justice Department. So if the Arizona Audit "finds" enough ballots to put Trump over the top, isn't the Arizona State Senate subject to indictment for election fraud? Or at least all the State Senators who voted in favor of committing that crime. Cyber Ninjas and everybody who helped commit that crime as well. This is like suing somebody and then having to go into court and commit perjury to make your claim.

I predict there will be a strange fire that destroys the ballots while they are in storage. Cyber Ninjas and Trump's lie lose too much credibility if they find no voting fraud. Cyber Ninjas and the State Senate get indicted if they fake up enough evidence that the FBI will disprove. They have boxed themselves into a corner. Fire is the obvious answer: Then Trumpers can claim Democrats did it to conceal their fraud.
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/17/21 12:36 PM
The Constitution pretty much leaves "The TIme, Place and Manner of holding elections up to the different state legislatures with a couple of amendments added. So did the Arizona Senate break Arizona's election laws?

There's a grand jury and investigators looking into Trump's actions here in Georgia to decide whether he broke Georgia's election laws. Kemp and our secretary of state followed Georgia's election laws. I really don't know much about those laws, I go vote and that's about it. As I understand it, Trump's phone call falls in the category of trying to influence an election outcome.

I know nothing about Arizona and their election laws, so no help here.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/17/21 05:45 PM
It is a legal proceeding, which I presume will be held accountable to the laws of AZ.

Already, one of the leaders has tweeted they have found irregularities. For Trump supporters of THE BIG LIE, this is music to their ears .... it is PROOF of a stolen election. To me it sounds like it they could have found bamboo in the paper, or ink variations, non-Trump watermarks, etc, or simply a few expected miscounted ballots.

These clowns are looking for fraud ... and they will find fraud. Their supporters expect it ... no, no ... they know it and simply want the evidence which they have seen on TV shown to lying cheating pedaphilic baby eating Democrats .... thus their hatred of all who is not of the Trump tribe. In the delusional world of these people, facts would be devastating to their psyche ergo I fully expect a report which declares Trump won Maricopa.

State Senators are absolved of any criminal activities. Cyber Ninjas will be held accountable. They will throw out at least 37k votes for Biden, thus allowing Mr Trump to win the state election. If you don't think nit pickers can nit pick .... well ... nit pickers can pick nits off nits.

I suspect unless the DoJ has concrete evidence of intentional fraud by these clowns, they will simply respond to every accusation of criminal behavior as it's our opinion those ballots do not comply with our standards, or o we made a counting error, not our fault or etc. So maybe they could find the ballot lots insurrectionist Kern counted and find massive discrepancies.

Yes I believe they will get away with this fraud.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/18/21 04:04 PM
Sam Levine, a voting rights reporter with the Guardian and formerly Huffpost, alleges Cyber Ninjas is miscounting ballots and shows a scan with the proof.

These characters apparently can not count their own fingers and get the correct number.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/18/21 05:17 PM
Somebody here suggested that when the ballots were handed to outsiders those ballots no longer were valid. I think that is correct in that the constitution is pretty explicit on how ballots are to be handled. If that is the case then this whole mess is a complete and utter waste of time and money.

I really hope that is the case as none of this kind of stuff is doing any good no matter what is claimed. This questioning of ballots and turnouts is just another run at destroying democracy by them that want to have a dictator. Its lunacy and should be stopped. It must be against some kind of law? I tend to believe this kind of stuff is done by traitors, pure and simple and just isn't right!
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/18/21 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by jgw
Somebody here suggested that when the ballots were handed to outsiders those ballots no longer were valid. I think that is correct in that the constitution is pretty explicit on how ballots are to be handled. If that is the case then this whole mess is a complete and utter waste of time and money.

I really hope that is the case as none of this kind of stuff is doing any good no matter what is claimed. This questioning of ballots and turnouts is just another run at destroying democracy by them that want to have a dictator. Its lunacy and should be stopped. It must be against some kind of law? I tend to believe this kind of stuff is done by traitors, pure and simple and just isn't right!
I think that's called ballot harvesting when someone, not an election official goes around and collects ballots from other folks and then drops them off. I do agree that should be illegal and is in some states.

I don't think the constitution says anything about how to handle ballots. It does leave the time, manner and place up to each state legislature and goes into detail about the casting of electoral votes and how that is handled. Now I could have missed it.
Posted By: logtroll Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/19/21 11:37 AM
Chain of custody article
This chain of custody has now been broken in Maricopa County. The state Senate and its consultants have physical possession of nearly 2.1 million November election ballots, meaning that Arizona election officials are no longer “retaining and preserving” election ballots. After the Senate completes its work and the ballots have been handled by an untold number of individuals employed by the state Senate or its consultant, it will be impossible for anyone to confirm or refute the results.

Once the chain of custody is broken, the ballots are no longer genuine according to federal election law. Would it have been possible to conduct an audit as envisioned by the Arizona Senate and at the same time comply with federal records retention law? Yes, it is possible. Rather than breaking the official chain of custody, the Arizona election officials should have either made paper copies of the ballots or scanned the ballots for viewing electronically.

If viewing the original ballots was deemed critical to the Senate, arrangements could have been made with election officials to have their staff available, at a cost to the Senate, to handle the ballots, allowing Senate consultants to view each ballot and record the votes, but not to touch the ballots. Generally, any recount in the normal course of an election is conducted in this manner; candidates and their representatives are never allowed to handle any election documents or ballots.
The vigilante auditors can, of course, tell any lies at any time that the spirit moves them to, which is a fundamental and chronic problem with Trumpery. I like the notion that those lies could be treated as election fraud.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/19/21 01:51 PM
Fowl play VS Ballot Chicken Frickassee, Very well done!

Republican-led board demands an end to Arizona election audit 'sham' - while GOP official slams theory that ballots were 'shredded and eaten by CHICKENS'

This is my favorite story about the fraudit, that even over trumps the bamboozeling of ballots! Why bother telling a run-of-the-mill lie when you can tell a mother-of-all lie, that proves the opposite by reducktio ad absurdumb?
Amused minds want to know!

TAT

The Republican-controlled Maricopa County Board of Supervisors slammed the 'sham' recount of the 2020 presidential results, calling it 'political theater' backed by 'grifters and con-artists.'

The members of the board didn't hold back when it came to expressing their disgust for the audit, which is examining 2.1 million ballots in Arizona's most populous county during the election between Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

It has become subject to numerous conspiracy theories including one that state elections officials shredded ballots, fed them to chickens, and then had the chickens incinerated to cover up the evidence.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/19/21 04:23 PM
"ballot harvesting"

This term is reserved for a process whereby a single person or group accumulates numerous ballots from voters and deposits them in a ballot collection center to be later counted on election day.

This is simply a case of breaking the chain of custody, because there was no election official to take possession and maintain control of ballots. I would assume like most legal things when chain of custody has been compromised the evidence has been tainted and therefore becomes invalid.

Even if these clowns could actually count and understand the process of an audit and even if their results mirrored the previously conducted audits/recounts, it would still be invalid and meaningless. In other words these ballots may as well be burned. However, someone may still be accountable for failure to comply with federal law regarding security of ballots ... could it be the election commissioners? .... Sen Fann? .... Arizona Senate?
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/19/21 04:37 PM
I think this link is the most comprehensive statement of fact regarding all issues of ballots in Maricopa Co AZ.

Technical Response to Chain of Cust...n Management System Databases (Item III)
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/20/21 02:55 PM
and here is an update report from an observer.

I watched the GOP’s Arizona election audit. It was worse than you think.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/20/21 03:49 PM
There's a pay wall at your link but I think I get your drift...

And no, I doubt if it was worse than I thought, because I thought the very worst.

As I understand this...Republicans are saying that elections are unfair unless Republicans win. And that only Republicans should count the votes to insure that Republicans always win fairly.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/20/21 04:17 PM
Let me extrapolate on your comment .... "Republicans are saying that elections are unfair unless Republicans win"

Republicans want you to be like them ... whatever the criteria is du jour. They will compromise if you agree with their policies/agenda/ideology .... if you were white like them .... same religion as them .... or just in general, if you were a Republican, everything would be ok.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/23/21 01:57 AM
In the latest iteration of this clown circus, a Georgia judge has allowed 9 plaintiffs an opportunity to inspect copies of ballots for counterfeits. So what is absolutely crazy about this is, it is impossible to determine authenticity of a ballot by inspecting a copy of the ballot.

The inmates have gone berserk.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/23/21 07:34 PM
You just don't understand. You seem to forget that those doing this have 'special' things that they do to do their jobs. Please also note that its done in secret with absolutely no oversight to protect the incredible skills of those taking these well paid tasks on for big bucks (you know, just taxpayer money)

If nothing else you have to almost admire those doing the testing, and getting rich doing that kindly, expert, and mysterious job for Republican Loons. What we are talking about, here, is yet another feature of the alternate reality that they so proudly live in.

With luck, skill and daring they will eventually rip of the fabric of our reality too. There is something very wrong when this crap can be somehow justified under the constitution (that's what we are told and, apparently, go along with it)

Just saying...............
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 05/29/21 04:38 PM
Maricopa is apparently going to do another recount/audit. Maybe the Republican senators who ordered a recount to find lost Trump ballots has been warned Biden still won even after trying to eliminate Biden ballots.

I guess they will count ballots until the ink wears off them and they only see Trumps name.
They don't have any ballots left to count. Just pieces of paper rendered useless as the County's tabulating machines, by non-qualified partisan hacks.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/03/21 08:36 PM
I have to speculate Cyber Ninjas has developed an exportable paradigm to, at the bare minimum, cast doubt on the process, and at it's best, to actually claim they "found" the lost ballots. Trump supporters from around the country are flocking to Maricopa and listening to Ninja talk to learn the secrets. Only Trump supporters can see the truth of it.

The rest of us rely on a firm grasp of reality
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/04/21 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
They don't have any ballots left to count. Just pieces of paper rendered useless as the County's tabulating machines, by non-qualified partisan hacks.
Which validates the adage:
Everything that Rightwingers touch, turns to crap.
gobsmacked
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/04/21 05:46 PM
so some fresh info has been reported.

There are a number of companies involved in the Maricopa Spectacle. Several are in fact certified by EAC. These companies have not traded in conspiracies nor are they auditing those conspiracy theories. They have all had previous election experience. One company actually checked whether any machines had been on the internet. They found one attempt to find out how to brighten monitor screen. Malware checks were negative. etc. In other words these companies found no technical problems frequently touted by Trump supporters as modus operandi for election fraud.

Still waiting on dead folks and bamboo reports.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/06/21 06:10 PM
As near as I can tell, the only documented voter fraud was a couple guys who voted their dead mother's ballot. Republican of course.

Apparently democrats are much better at cheating and those millions of illegal ballots have been almost impossible to detect.

The lack of documented crimes, arrests, and convictions of democrats is proof that they commit more crimes than republicans and thus the theft of the election must be accepted on faith.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/08/21 05:02 PM
I think a little care should be used when applying the term "voter fraud".

When I use it, it means voter impersonation. There are many other crimes associated with voter fraud such as fraudulent voter registration, or illegal harvesting of ballots. Sorry folks but Mickey Mouse is not a resident of the US and therefore can not register to vote in a US election. However, the person who registered Mickey Mouse to vote committed a crime. The upside is Mickey Mouse did not show up to vote for Biden ... or did he?

There are as you typed very few cases of actual, real cases of voter impersonation at the polling stations. All of the known cases from the 2020 election (of which I know) were perpetrated by Republicans voting for Mr Trump. There are far more cases of voter registration fraud, illegal harvesting, and felons voting than voter impersonation. A strange note regarding registration fraud is very few people named on the registration card show up to vote. In other words someone has registered dead folks, imaginary folks, cartoon characters, or pets. Clearly these entities named did not vote. Try telling a Trump supporter Donald Duck did not vote for Biden.

just some random thoughts
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/12/21 04:05 PM
In the past couple of weeks several pro-Trump supporters who are intimately involved in the Maricopa spectacle, have suggested they are really doing is finding the evidence to present to the BIG LIE Trump supporters the possibility Biden actually won. Bennett one of the hard core Trump acolytes has suggested he can convince 90% of the BIG LIE true believers Biden won.

Are these guys offering a preview of insider information? I think so. No matter how many ballots were disallowed, they still could not get Trump over the finish line. There are no Chinese ballots ... no secret watermarked ballots .... no dead people voting ...

This of course does not deter Bennett from deriving his own conclusions independent of the actual numbers. So Biden won but there is every reason to believe the voting process could have been compromised. The BIG LIE lives on!!!
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/12/21 07:41 PM
The whole thing is getting VERY strange. I read one article (bias to the right) that a pile of regular ballot workers found thousands of ballots which had been created with a copier. I thought that was interesting and wondered how they managed to get the copier to change the name of every of the thousands of ballots - pretty fancy copier!

Its really pretty amazing. I think that what they are doing is anti-constitutional and there is some things that tend to support that. I would also consider that after these strangers get the ballots they destroy the validity of those same ballots and they are trash. The problem with that one is that, then, they can claim anything and the basis of the Trump loss goes up in smoke.

One can only wonder, what, exactly, they are really doing!
Posted By: logtroll Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/13/21 12:29 AM
Here is a quick summation of what they are saying, “I reject your reality, and I substitute my own!”
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/13/21 02:57 PM
wait a sec ....
Originally Posted by Bob Dylan
"Half of the people can be part right all of the time
And some of the people can be all right part of the time
But all of the people can’t be all right all of the time"
I think Abraham Lincoln said that
“I’ll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours”
I said that
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/13/21 03:04 PM
About 30% of the people are wrong all of the time. You know the ones...
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/13/21 08:37 PM
I just keep on thinking that a lot of the stuff that they Republicans have to be against some kind of reasonable. They have, as far as I can tell, decided to lie their way as the way to win the nation. The Dems, on the other side, cannot seem to bring themselves to actually sit down, set the lines to flat out attack the Republicans for this, if they don't attack on anything else and there is a LOT to attack. Instead, as far as the congress is concerned, The dems are dedicated to sweet talk, kindness and acceptance to people who are, currently, beating the hell out of the Dems. I know Biden won (by not much), and lost in congress and almost lost their majority. They have a majority in both houses. They use theirs in the House but not in the Senate because .................

I also think that Biden will win his next election (if he runs) but how the Dems do in the state and congressional election is, as far as I can tell, right now, doubtful because they are simply not interested. Again, they need messages they ALL state and they stick to them. Right now the Dems display, every day, just how wide their membership is by the number of messages, not all of which even agree with others! The Republicans have no plan, no planks, nothing! In spite of that they are able to have messages that work and they just keep hammering whilst the Dems just run their mouths.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/14/21 03:57 PM
The Republicans have no plan, no planks, nothing! In spite of that, they are able to have messages that work and they just keep hammering whilst the Dems just run their mouths.

Perhaps it's because their messages don't have to be true? No claim is too farfetched to be a republican "message". Democrats are(rightfully) held to a higher standard.

It's not their fault that a certain number of the population would rather believe a known charlatan than the facts and numbers.

Democrats just keep running their mouths about the facts and figures...nobody wants to hear that crap...
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/14/21 06:44 PM
You got that one flat out! I have yet to hear a single Democrat just go after the Republican lies! Not a one. If they are to win the next election, including state positions, then they are going to have to get personal and mean. The apparent civilized behavior of the the Dems only, as far as I can see, bored their own supporters. The Republicans are now the party of small contributions and the Dems are the party of big. This is, I think, a complete change in support and it also means that the Dems don't have all that many voters who are supporting them. They gotta take care of that one to win elections! Again, I am not convinced any of them actually want to win. If they don't then we are going to get gifted with loons dedicated to a different reality! Its nice to admire Alice in Wonderland but ITS NOT REAL! (and their reality is actually a LOT different, even, from Alice in Wonderland because the Republican goal is to scare the crap out of everybody)
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/14/21 09:50 PM
I think it is hard to criticize or attack a delusion. It's like criticizing a dream. It's not real and really doesn't matter.

I think it is hard to believe all of the elected leaders of the party are delusional but certainly a huge chunk of THE BASE is. Can't attack their delusion since it doesn't make sense. Can't attack their platform because they don't have one. Does any one think it matters one iota to any of THE BASE Sen McConnell packed the court with far right justices? Does it matter that he would prevent Pres Biden from confirming a justice.

Pure naked political power .... how ya going to play the game????
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/15/21 03:40 PM
On the bright side...Mitch McConnell is old. there is no one waiting in the wings to take his place.

In just a few years he will be gone. Trumpish firebrands like Marjorie Greene won't last long.

Soon, the Boomer's grip on power is going to fade as Millenials take over. The largest, the most educated, and the least compensated generation in history.

It was our fate to have to live through this particularly grueling time in history...coulda been worse, don't get me wrong. But it could hardly have been more frustrating.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 06/29/21 06:03 PM
...from The Hill:

Arizona’s Maricopa County announced Monday that it plans to replace all of the voting machines that were turned over to the state Senate and other officials overseeing the audit of 2020 presidential election results.

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors released its response to a May letter from Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D), in which she expressed concerns “regarding the security and integrity of these machines, given that the chain of custody, a critical security tenet, has been compromised and election officials do not know what was done to the machines while under Cyber Ninjas’ control.”

Who didn't see THAT coming? coffee Fiscal conservatives causing money to be spent unnecessarily? Clearly "fiscal responsiblity" is a sham as with every other conservative value (Blue Lives Matter? 1/6 Insurrectionsists say "nope!")

smile
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/02/21 10:14 PM
I hope the AZ Senate bills itself, Cyber Ninjas, and Senate Pres Fann with the cost of new machines, and not the taxpaying citizens of Maricopa.

In other news of the "audit", apparently there is concern the numbers are not matching i.e. they can't get a correct count per box of ballots or the tabulation numbers are not matching the inputs. What a joke.

No ... none ... nada .... zilch .... zero .... Trump supporters would tolerate a partisan Democrat audit of anything, especially if it was done in the same manner as the {{{{CYBER NINJAS}}}}}. So why are they tolerating this clown show???? That's rhetorical and everybody including Trump supporters knows the answer.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/02/21 10:21 PM
It new report, Mr Trump and allies tried to stop the Maricopa ballot count in Dec 2020 by trying to call head of Republican led county commission of elections. The effort failed when the commissioner realized it would lead to a similar storm like the one with GA SoS Raffensperger.

Wouldn't I be indicted for election fraud if I did that????
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/03/21 03:52 AM
Trump may be indicted for interfering with an election in Georgia. Time will tell.

2 grand juries are reportedly investigating Trump in Georgia

https://news.yahoo.com/2-grand-juries-reportedly-investigating-141122368.html

there's really been nothing more in the news about this. I suspect the grand juries are doing their job along with the criminal investigation by the Atlanta AG. Until and if indictments are issued, I don't expect to hear much about this. What goes on in the grand juries rooms, stays there until they come to a conclusion.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/06/21 06:33 PM
Trump is being investigated by a bunch of feds for this and that and they continue to move through the system. then there is New York state and, I suspect, Washington, DC as well. I suspect, by the end of the year, there will be several in the news as well as what is going on that we do know about. Now add in all the people who have not been paid. Those too are in the works. Then there are all the women with complaints against him as well. How add in that, eventually, he is going to be forced to testify. Up to now his attorneys have kept him from doing that because he lies without thinking. But, eventually he will testify and he will lie and he that too is gonna get interesting.

The simple fact is that everything that man touches tends to turn to crap (there is a better word but, forbidden, I think). He is a fine example of an American businessman who has failed at virtually anything he has been in charge of. When New York is through with him he will have lost the last business of his that has survived. He also has to pay his attorneys. Many of the good ones won't even work for him and those that are working for him right now are having payment problems I am told. Its actually crazy. I remember when he said he was the master of debt and the solution was not to pay them.

I know, wishful thinking rarely works. In the case of Trump, however, I have hope as the man is a recognized rotter in all things, and he has skated for years but there is a growing pile of folks out to get him for any number of reasons, and a lot of them already have suits in the works and there are more coming.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/08/21 01:31 PM
Trump may be indicted for interfering with an election in Georgia. Time will tell.

And he may not. The political will to prosecute him doesn't exist there. It's just not worth the trouble when so many other important things need to be done. Like censuring and primarying any politician who doesn't support Trump.

The Arizona re-count is a bold example of election interference. Sponsored by Arizona Republicans.

It's not that it can't happen here...It Already Has!
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/08/21 02:35 PM
All I know is 2 grand juries have been seated on the election interference case by the Atlanta AG office. Nothing new has been reported since April. But the grand juries are suppose to keep everything confidential, until they make the decision to indict or not.

I'd say the Atlanta AG has the will, she has reported this is a criminal investigation. So we wait. I'd say she wants to have all her ducks in order if the grand juries do decide to indict.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/09/21 03:18 PM
It would appear AZ Senate president has requested yet another count. So as the {{{{{CYBER NINJAS}}}}} completes their "audit" and "vote count", another company will conduct a "ballot count".

I have concluded (didn't I predict they couldn't disallow enough votes to get Trump the winner???? yes I did) this means as I predicted they couldn't disallow enough votes. So now the strategy is to recount the ballots. And when that fails to get Trump busting through the winners tape, they will do it again. And to place this in some context, the ballots have lost their integrity. They have been tainted by 3rd party non-government entities and have now been exposed to people, news crews etc who have no certification to come in contact with ballots. Now when this fails, they will fall back to new laws which will allow partisan hacks the ability to overthrow elections at their whim.

If anyone does not see this as the end of democracy .... take your blinders off!!!!!
Probably the Cyber Ninja guys realized they would be charged with election fraud if they claimed the count was different than the official count. Sort of like Rudy claiming fraud in the press, but then telling courts there was no fraud since perjury by a lawyer in court is prosecuted.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/10/21 05:48 PM
I watched the original folks who handled the votes and ballots. Seems that the cyber ninja folks seems to have lost ballots and they have no idea where they might have gone. Perhaps this is a two stage affair where one group screws it all up and then the next group claims that was a problem that the original folks did and not the ninja group.

Given the fantasy land the Republicans are creating for themselves, by the time they finish up nobody will know if they are on foot or horseback. Instead its everybody else's fault and the Republicans are simply trying to fix the problems that they discovered! Since they seem to have lost the ballots there is no way to prove them wrong.

What I don't understand is why in the world the constitution was not followed and the ballots kept in the care of those originally defined as the ones to maintain the security of the ballots. Instead it seems that the state Republicans can do whatever they damned well please and then blame the blameless (and actually get away with that!)
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/10/21 08:18 PM
What I don't understand is why in the world the constitution was not followed and the ballots kept in the care of those originally defined as the ones to maintain the security of the ballots.

Ummmm...perhaps you'd like to quote that part of the Constitution to all us non constitutional scholars...?

I'll save you the search...no such clause.

Elections are in the hands of local governments and volunteers.

I have, in the past, put forth the notion that the Post Office should be in charge of elections. They would print, distribute, collect, and tally the votes. Your zip code would become your district.
It's not in the constitution, but it is in both federal and state laws. That's why the Arizona Attorney General is investigating the fraudsters to see what laws they violated. I suspect some lawyers at the DOJ are investigating as well. These things take time.

Some people thought Rudy would suffer no consequences for his illegal lawyering, but now he's lost his license in New York and Washington, D.C. Sidney Powell is next:

Powell and her co-counsel will appear Monday at a hearing on Michigan officials' request for the attorneys to be sanctioned over their “frivolous” lawsuit, which they allege Powell brought “to undermine the integrity of the election results and the people’s trust in the electoral process and in government.”

Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/11/21 03:05 PM
Some people thought Rudy would suffer no consequences for his illegal lawyering...
Certainly not me. Giuliani was set up to be thrown under the bus. A human, legal shield.

Up until Trump's personal attorney and "fixer" Cohen was arrested, his records, phones and computers seized, and who immediately flipped on Trump and spilled his guts, I also thought Trump would eventually be arrested.

Donald Trump committed no crimes to warrant indictment or arrest.
Unlike Al Capone, he wasn't suspected of nefarious crimes like bootlegging and murder.

Rich guys all cheat on taxes. Poor guys all cheat on taxes. Middle income guys cheat on taxes too. And yet(surprisingly...?) the jails are not full of tax cheats.

Oddly, they're full of working stiffs who consumed or sold illegal substances. People with mental illness who never received treatment, and POCs who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Donald Trump has never done anything besides be himself. He didn't elect himself president. He didn't change one iota when he became president. He never did anything out of character or surprising.

He NEVER does anything illegal.

He orders other people to do it. How was he to know they would break the law to do it?

annnnnnnnnd under the bus they go....

I suspect Asperger's syndrome.
Posted By: jgw Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/11/21 04:46 PM
https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/article-i/clauses/750
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/12/21 03:07 PM
Section 4 of Article One grants the states the power to regulate the congressional election process but establishes that Congress can alter those regulations or make its own regulations.

That's it. The Constitution of the United States hands off elections to the states.

You said...
What I don't understand is why in the world the constitution was not followed and the ballots kept in the care of those originally defined as the ones to maintain the security of the ballots.

No such clause exists.

The Arizona audit was not an official recount and cannot change the results of the election. The Arizona Senate voted to hire outside contractors to search for possible fraud in the elections. The US Congress has no say in the matter unless other Constitutional Rights are/were violated.

NOW...there's going to come a point where all these new restrictions on voting begin to infringe on the Constitutional Rights of citizens to vote. That's where the US Congress could step into the fray.

Arizona and its hired auditors can do as they please and as their laws prescribe with their ballots. The voting machines will be junked and replaced at taxpayer expense.

Section 4 does pave the way however for congress to give the mechanics of voting and tallying to the Post Office. States would continue to manage the rest of the election process.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/13/21 07:05 PM
The Arizona audit was not an official recount and cannot change the results of the election.
and yet ... every Trump supporter believes Maricopa will be the first domino to fall and thus result in "reinstatement" of Trump as the rightful occupant of the WH.

Clearly it will result in blatant dissonance between what Fann has said and what the law says and what Trump supporters believe. Now the kicker .... as you said state legislatures are the rightful arbiter of voting procedures. So what would prevent the AZ legislature to write a bill which would overturn the certification? The basis? .... the overwhelming belief their constituents believe there was fraud .... despite the "fact" (from 3 recounts and a fake audit/recount) there was no fraud found.

You should be hearing musical strains from the song, "The world turned upside down". Democracy is dead ... turn in your citizenship papers and pledge fealty to THE TRUMP.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/14/21 05:22 PM
and yet ... every Trump supporter believes Maricopa will be the first domino to fall and thus result in "reinstatement" of Trump as the rightful occupant of the WH.

Trump supporters believe a lot of things. That doesn't make them true.

Jesus people have been promising His return for millienia. They set dates and the dates blow by and still no second coming.

There will be no second coming for Trump either.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/16/21 03:15 AM
Trump supporters believe a lot of things
yes ... Trump supporters willingly suspend their disbelief as an act of faith and fealty to the Savior of America.

That doesn't make them true
welllll ... they could become true.

Sen Wendy Rogers has called for a recall of Biden electors and for a new election ... one based on truth .... ( and one where Trump wins). Since AZ Senators have voted to conduct a fake audit and recount using a 3rd party, what is to prevent them from passing legislation which overturns the past election. Republicans control the AZ legislature and they have a willing governor.

Of course there is no redress in any court, but that did not stop MAGA rally goers to overrun the Capitol and stop proceedings. These folks are completely delusional. If you showed them evidence there was no fraud, they would respond by saying they saw boxes under the table .... meaning it was obvious fraud.

The point is not they have legal recourse but they have an army of delusional people willing to overthrow the government. Gen Milley was concerned to the point he considered scenarios to prevent an armed coup by Trump .... did I just type those words???? am I not in America???
Posted By: perotista Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/18/21 08:27 PM
Here's something interesting.

Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani could face criminal investigation in Arizona over their attempts to overturn election

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-rudy-giuliani-could-131459980.html

We'll see what happens. I haven't heard a word about Trump's investigations here in Georgia for a couple of months. The last news was two grand juries were seated and it's been nothing but silence since. But that is normal until the grand juries finish their work and decide to indict or not.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/19/21 02:07 PM
These folks are completely delusional. If you showed them evidence there was no fraud, they would respond by saying they saw boxes under the table .... meaning it was obvious fraud.

Odd you should say that. A friend recently messaged me on Facebook with a claim not unlike that one...

He said...
For example: in Fulton County GA, everyone was evacuated from the tabulation room because of a “water main break”. Which there is no record of happening or being repaired. However, a handful of counters stayed behind (6?) and pulled suitcases full of ballots out from under the tables, scanning the same batches of ballots repeatedly! No record of where those ballots came from! That was all on the surveillance cameras.

How can that be anything but intentional fraud?

To him this is a cold hard fact. It's all on camera. And he wants me to explain to him why the election hasn't been overturned...

I maintain that if there were such evidence then the courts would rightfully address the fraud. The courts have thrown out every claim and in multiple audits no fraud has been found. No suitcases of ballots scanned over and over on surveilance cameras.

It's a conspiracy...

Everyone is lying except Trump.
Posted By: logtroll Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/19/21 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Greger
Everyone is lying except Trump.
It's the Highest and Best example of The Con-servative Rool of the Opposite Thang that has ever been in all of history!!!
I suspect Asperger's syndrome.

That seems the fashionable thing to blame these days. coffee
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/21/21 04:20 PM
I haven't heard it anywhere else...I've heard a lot of other more sinister evaluations of his mental health and none are quite so benign.

The narcissistic disorder is the most common, with psychopathy/sociopathy running a close second...

But there is more to Donald Trump than just his mental illness...Asperger's syndrome to me implies a very high level of functionality, sometimes even genius.
I haven't heard it anywhere else...I've heard a lot of other more sinister evaluations of his mental health and none are quite so benign.

The narcissistic disorder is the most common, with psychopathy/sociopathy running a close second...

But there is more to Donald Trump than just his mental illness...Asperger's syndrome to me implies a very high level of functionality, sometimes even genius.

Mental health clickbait.
Aspergers is "the new iPhone" and suddenly anyone and everyone who does something f****d up is tagged an Aspie.
Posted By: Greger Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/23/21 12:45 AM
Like who?

I've seen a lot of f*cked up sh*t going on and never hear any of it attributed to Asperger's Syndrome. It's not even a real thing medically...more a catch phrase for high functioning autistics.

Asperger syndrome, or Asperger’s, is a previously used diagnosis on the autism spectrum. In 2013, it became part of one umbrella diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5 (DSM-5).

Typical to strong verbal language skills and intellectual ability distinguish Asperger syndrome from other types of autism.
LINK
Like who?

I've seen a lot of f*cked up sh*t going on and never hear any of it attributed to Asperger's Syndrome. It's not even a real thing medically...more a catch phrase for high functioning autistics.

Asperger syndrome, or Asperger’s, is a previously used diagnosis on the autism spectrum. In 2013, it became part of one umbrella diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5 (DSM-5).

Typical to strong verbal language skills and intellectual ability distinguish Asperger syndrome from other types of autism.
LINK

It's a bit like owning a particular make and model car that you happen to really like, and then you start noticing them around town.
You have a dark blue 70 Chevelle and suddenly you're noticing dark blue 70 Chevelles.
You haven't seen any bad s*** attributed to Aspies, but I have...what can I say.

I own "one of those Chevelles" ever since being diagnosed at age 46. Hmm

PS: Autism Speaks is...shall we say, a problematic organization, and that's not an opinion unique to me.

"It's April, So It's Time to Argue About Autism Speaks"

First you need to understand something very important:
Almost everything you have ever learned about autism has come from non-autistic people.
Autism Speaks was founded in 2005 by Bob Wright – a former NBC executive – and his wife Suzanne after their grandson was diagnosed with autism.
The Wrights’ daughter, Katie, firmly believes that her son’s autism resulted from vaccine damage– a myth that science had already discredited in 2005.

Autism Speaks spent a significant portion of its scientific spending on studies investigating a link between autism and vaccines –which they never found — and helped fuel the anti-vaxxer movement.

The problem with being autistic is that you are either considered too “high functioning” to be REALLY autistic and therefore your opinion doesn’t matter, or you are considered too “low functioning” to have an opinion.
Posted By: logtroll Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/24/21 04:37 PM
I used to think I had numerous friends who "are on the spectrum", but I now believe they are just strange people who are more likely high functioning geeks. It concerns me a little bit that I don't think they are as strange as most folks do...
Originally Posted by logtroll
I used to think I had numerous friends who "are on the spectrum", but I now believe they are just strange people who are more likely high functioning geeks. It concerns me a little bit that I don't think they are as strange as most folks do...

If you'd known me as a kid, all doubts would have been canceled out.
The first thirteen years of my life, my mind was more or less a windowless concrete room, I related to objects that had dials, meters and switches, and people were alien creatures.
Psychedelics broke me out of that concrete room.
We've met, and whatever social skills I have, I owe to my youthful experimentation with psychedelics.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: logtroll Re: Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election - 07/24/21 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
We've met, and whatever social skills I have, I owe to my youthful experimentation with psychedelics.
I don't suppose you could prescribe anything for me? I have to admit that I thought you had me beat for normal...

Other than I enjoyed my visit and your hospitality a good deal, a lasting impression was of hirsuteness (hair suitness?) It's all I can do to keep from calling you Jeffurry.

:doh:
Originally Posted by logtroll
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
I don't suppose you could prescribe anything for me? I have to admit that I thought you had me beat for normal...

Other than I enjoyed my visit and your hospitality a good deal, a lasting impression was of hirsuteness (hair suitness?) It's all I can do to keep from calling you Jeffurry.

:doh:

Shrooms.
Hey now, don't go thinking you're the first person to poke fun at me being Robin Williams' better looking younger brother.
Pretty funny the Arizona Senate official liaison to the "audit" has been locked out of the process. The state senate commissioned another audit (with a firm that actually knew what they were doing) that already finished and found their was no widespread fraud.

Arizona "Audit" Falls Apart
© ReaderRant