Capitol Hill Blue
Posted By: pdx rick Mobile sign-in issues - 10/08/21 01:45 PM
Jeff, Reader Rant sign-in for mobile phones is saying "invalid password or user name."

No issues sigining from a desktop.
Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas Re: Mobile sign-in issues - 10/08/21 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Jeff, Reader Rant sign-in for mobile phones is saying "invalid password or user name."

No issues sigining from a desktop.

I can try to figure it out but no guarantees, as I am an idiot when it comes to UBBThreads software.
Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas Re: Mobile sign-in issues - 10/16/21 11:36 PM
I tried every which way to make mobile sign-in fail but it seems to work normally on this end.
Thus I am at a loss as to why you're experiencing any difficulties.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Mobile sign-in issues - 10/17/21 12:58 AM
Ok. I'll try again with my phone...when I find it. Thanks for checking on his Jeffrey. smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Mobile sign-in issues - 10/17/21 04:59 PM
Turns out that i was not correctly using the uppercase and lowercase of my password on my phone. I had to review my desktop login and mimic on my phone and I got in.

Thank you Jeff.

smile
Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas Re: Mobile sign-in issues - 10/18/21 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Turns out that i was not correctly using the uppercase and lowercase of my password on my phone. I had to review my desktop login and mimic on my phone and I got in.

Thank you Jeff.

smile

Heh, there is nothing to thank me for because you figured it out yourself! 😁
Karen used to have the same problem back when we got our first machine...she'd patiently peck out the password with
her one finger and then "Sonofabitch!" 🤣

Finally..."What's the matter?"
"This stupid computer won't accept my password!"
"Here's your problem, that's a CAPITAL O not a o and not a 0 ...."

She'd STILL do it the same way and then I'd have to show her one letter at a time. ROTFMOL

So she's worse than you by a country mile...or she WAS.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: Mobile sign-in issues - 10/18/21 03:20 AM
Yeah...I one-finger it (index finger) on my phone.

I see people rapid-fire on their phones with two thumbs. I can't do that. Hmm

But! On a desktop, I can mouse and write with a pen/pencil at the same time. laugh

(Only because I'm left-handed, and back in the early 80s, mousing was taught to kids using the right-hand. Nobody considered that us lefties should mouse left-handed. Oh well. Worked out well for me. smile )

I see righties mousing, then picking-up their pen/pencil, writing, dropping the pen/pencil, then going back to mousing. THAT must be exhausting for you guys! LOL
© ReaderRant