Capitol Hill Blue
Posted By: NW Ponderer The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/02/21 03:54 PM
In his Atlantic essay, "The Cruelty is the Point", Adam Serwer described the joyful participants in 20th century lynchings, "Their names have mostly been lost to time. But these grinning men were someone’s brother, son, husband, father. They were human beings, people who took immense pleasure in the utter cruelty of torturing others to death—and were so proud of doing so that they posed for photographs with their handiwork, jostling to ensure they caught the eye of the lens, so that the world would know they’d been there. Their cruelty made them feel good, it made them feel proud, it made them feel happy." So it is with the current ultra-revanchist majority on the Supreme Court.

Or as Robert Reich notes in the Guardian The US supreme court is now cruel, partisan – and squandering its moral authority. They have given up any pretense of evenhandedness or reverence for the law or the Constitution, pushing instead for exerting raw judicial hubris: "we're in charge now, so you'll comply." Consistency is immaterial to them, as they have exhibited frequently in recent weeks: assertion of utter control is what's important. They are the resurgent Taliban, needing to broadcast their usurpation of the legal world. Justice Breyerrecently lamented the upsurge in "shadow docket" activism, but these zealots are so eager to assert control they can't tolerate the normal process of judicial restraint and procedure. They want to forcefully demonstrate their ascendancy. The lawlessness is the point.
Posted By: jgw Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/02/21 05:20 PM
Them that did the lynching didn't consider blacks to be human but, rather, pests to be dealt with. If they ain't white then they ain't. Same with the whole lot of them. There are many that feel exactly the same today. Anybody who thinks they are just like those that accept other races and just have a small problem would be flat out wrong.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/02/21 08:35 PM
They are going to drive the movement toward court reform and dilution with this type of decision. There are just a few Democrats in the Senate resisting junking the filibuster, and it won't take much more to convince them it's necessary.
Posted By: Greger Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/02/21 10:00 PM
Them that did the lynching didn't consider blacks to be human but, rather, pests to be dealt with.

They feel the same way about Democrats.
Posted By: jgw Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/03/21 11:03 PM
The problem with the filibuster thing is that the Dems are slated, by just about every talking head, on either side, to lose next year's election. If that happens, and its close, then the Dems just may want the filibuster in place.

So far, as far as I can tell, I agree that they are going to lose. On the way they are going to stop any of their legislation from passing which will include the basic infrastructure thing that ALL the states are eagerly awaiting so they can fix as much as they can. So, by the time next year's election the Dems got to deal with their big deals whilst they were in charge which will come to a total of NOTHING! (I REALLY hope I am wrong!) Oh, and a president which has demonstrated that he can't admit being wrong about anything and accompanied by a Democratic party that really knows how to run their mouths, to their own detriment, whilst fighting with each other as publicly as they can manage.

The real shame is that the Republicans are also working really hard to piss everybody off and also giving the Dems a chance which they are, as far as I can tell, working equally as hard just proving they are incapable of doing anything for themselves or the nation. the choice will be, basically, vote for somebody who you don't like but just might do something to help the nation or a group that has spent the last year proving they are incapable of doing anything at all. On reflection both sides are so bad that there are going to be a LOT of voters who are just not going to vote at all because the choices are going to be so bad. As far as I can tell the Republicans, especially the senate Republicans have spent the last 5.5 years doing just about nothing and proud of it. So, I guess, on reflection, that neither side is worth a damn.

The only real difference is that the Dems tend to be more concerned with reality and the other side has absolutely no interest in reality.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 01:32 AM
I think the Democrats, if the election were held today would pick up a couple of senate seats. Here's the list of switchable seats. All other seats look safe for the party that currently holds them.

Arizona Kelly D –The former astronaut Kelly is well liked and should win. Democratic hold R 50 D 50

Florida Rubio R – Close, but the polls give Rubio a 5-10 point lead at this time over Val Demmings. Republican hold R 50 D 50

Georgia Warnock D –Another close one, but incumbency should keep Warnock in the senate. If the Republican nominate Hershel Walker, the former Georgia football star and NFL player, all bets are off. For now, a Democratic hold R 50 D 50

Nevada Cortez Masto D – Masto will probably be a fairly easy winner. Democratic hold R 50 D 50

New Hampshire Hassan D – If Sununu, the GOP governor runs, this may be a Republican gain. If not Hassan is safe. Until Sununu decides, NH is staying a Democratic hold. R 50 D 50

North Carolina Burr R – Burr is retiring, open seat. 50-50, Republicans out number Democrats in NC by a slight advantage. PVI R+3 Republican hold. R 50 D 50

Pennsylvania Toomey R – Toomey is retiring, open seat. Democrats have the advantage with their most likely candidate being the Lt. Governor. Fetterman Democratic gain R 49 D 51

Wisconsin Johnson R – Johnson isn't liked. If he runs again, the democrats will win. Democratic gain R 48 D 52

A short very condensed preview of my forecast due in January. As for the House, I've said until redistricting is completed, making any forecast there is useless. But going by history of the first midterms and the generic congressional ballot, needing but to gain 5 seats, current indications is the House will most likely be in GOP hands.

I've mixed feelings on the filibuster. I'd be all in favor of keeping it, but I realize if the Democrats don't do away with it, once the Republicans gain the senate and the presidency, they will. I'd say if the Democrats are going to do away with it, they better do it right quickly. After the midterms, if all indications are correct, it won't matter as the GOP will have the House. More on the house once redistricting is completed.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 04:00 AM
Florida Rubio R – Close, but the polls give Rubio a 5-10 point lead at this time over Val Demmings. Republican hold R 50 D 50
Pretty sure with DeSantis killing his base, Flor-i-duh will turn blue. smile Same with Abbott and Texas. Hmm

Florida Record Deaths
Bloomberg News

You can't mandate people from wearing masks and not have an effect on election outcomes. Flor-i-duh had 2,345 COVID deaths last week - and it's not even winter. shocked

The number of COvID related deaths is nearing DeSantis' margin of victory in 2018. Hmm
Posted By: Greger Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 12:37 PM
Florida has about 250 deaths a day right now. Most of them Republican voters.

But I still wouldn't count on Florida going blue...it could happen but I'm not feeling it happening yet.

Before any real change, here or elsewhere, will occur Republicans need to see that they are wrong.

They are as blind as they've always been.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Pretty sure with DeSantis killing his base, Flor-i-duh will turn blue. smile Same with Abbott and Texas. Hmm

Florida Record Deaths
Bloomberg News

You can't mandate people from wearing masks and not have an effect on election outcomes. Flor-i-duh had 2,345 COVID deaths last week - and it's not even winter. shocked

The number of COvID related deaths is nearing DeSantis' margin of victory in 2018. Hmm
Without your factors taken into consideration, COVID etc. There has been movement from 2000-2020 for the states one way or the other. Using PVI, Partisan Voting Index which rates states on their partisan voting you'll see several states moving from red to blue and blue to red. Some are more apparent then other, some more subtle. but the movement is there. From 2000 to 2020

Arizona from an R+7 down to an R+3. Moving blue.
Florida R+3 Same rating as in 2000.
Georgia From an R+10 down to an R+3 Moving blue
Michigan from a D+6 to a R+1 Moving Red
North Carolina from an R+13 down to a R+3 moving blue
Ohio From an R+4 up to an R+6 Becoming more red
Pennsylvania from D+4 to a R+2 moving red
Texas from an R+20 down to an R+5 moving blue
Wisconsin from an D+10 to a R+2 moving red

The above is a 20 year change in the partisan voting index. Now one must understand independents can overcome any PVI for one party or the other and elect someone from the party that has the lower PVI. This happen in Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania in 2020 with independents voting Democratic by more than 10 points overcoming the Republican PVI. The PVI also explains Trump carrying Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin in 2016 where independents sided with Trump, barely.

The 20 year trend shows some states in the south, NC, GA, TX moving from Red to blue. That is being offset by some states in the Midwest moving from blue to red, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin while Ohio is becoming more redder. Keep in mind all of this is very dynamic and changes constantly. But there is a trend showing. I would also say any state with a PVI of +5 or lower are considered swing states. Where independents decide the winner and not the party faithful.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Greger
...But I still wouldn't count on Florida going blue...
People said that about GAs Senators too. smile Florida going blue will happen and in your lifetime. Bow
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by perotista
Without your factors taken into consideration...
Those factors need to be considered - because they affect election outcomes. Hmm

This fact alone:
The number of COvID related deaths is nearing DeSantis' margin of victory in 2018.
...tells you COVID deaths need to be factored. smile
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 06:18 PM
I like Perotista's analysis, but I'll add a wrinkle. If the second infrastructure passes through reconciliation, Democrats will pick up seats. What people want more than anything is a functioning government.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
I like Perotista's analysis, but I'll add a wrinkle. If the second infrastructure passes through reconciliation, Democrats will pick up seats. What people want more than anything is a functioning government.
That, my friend, there're no truer words. As a swing voter, I dislike the word independent for some reason. That's exactly what is wanted. Until our modern political era began, that of polarization, the great divide and the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship where Republican oppose anything the Democrats propose and vice versa. We more or less on most issues had a congress that would compromise and work together to get things accomplished. A functioning government to use your word. The infrastructure bill was a very rare instance where compromise prevailed. Where the two parties came together to get something accomplished, that is if it passes, if the house don't screw it up.

This is an old article/poll but it underlines the fact that most Americans Favor Compromise to Get Things Done in Washington, in other words, a functioning government.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/220265/americans-favor-compromise-things-done-washington.aspx

That analysis was as of today, tomorrow it may not apply. When the election nears, I do these monthly. Much more in-depth by the way. The Democrats are in good shape in the senate even after the bad month of August. Not so much in the house which can't be confirmed until redistricting is completed.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/04/21 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Without your factors taken into consideration...
Those factors need to be considered - because they affect election outcomes. Hmm

This fact alone:
The number of COvID related deaths is nearing DeSantis' margin of victory in 2018.
...tells you COVID deaths need to be factored. smile
There were four polls conducted in Florida in August, none in September. Rubio has the lead over Demmings by 6.5 points averaging all four out. More importantly is Rubio is winning the independent vote by an average of 48-43 with 9% undecided. Add the independent vote along with the PVI of R+3 for Florida, the 6.5 point lead is right on.

On the hand, D Charlie Crist leads R DeSantis in the governors race by 12 points, 52-40. Rest undecided. Bottom line, Rubio is popular, DeSantis isn't. A majority of voters by a 51-46 margin think DeSantis cares more about running for the presidency than the future of Florida. COVID, 43% of Floridan's have a favorable view of how DeSantis is handling COVID, 53% unfavorable.

Bottom line, it seems the dislike of DeSantis hasn't effect Rubio. At least not yet.
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/13/21 05:21 PM

Bottom line, it seems the dislike of DeSantis hasn't effect Rubio. At least not yet.
Again, I like the analysis. I think that Rubio's support will fade (he's such a dweeb), but Deming (whom I really like) may not be the best competitor for that seat. It depends, I think, on how much she can appeal to Florida Hispanics, who are not generally known for being race neutral, but she definitely has a law-and-order background, which does appeal to many of that populace.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/17/21 11:48 PM
Today, Rubio looks good. A 10 point lead in the Redfield, Wilton poll, the same 10 point lead in the political Matrix poll, but only a 2 point lead in the St. Pete poll. All conducted at the end of August. With more than a year to go, anything can happen. Which poll is correct, hard to tell. That's were averaging comes into play. Rubio averages out to roughly a 7 point lead. That's understandable at this point as Rubio is the incumbent and has the higher name recognition.

Being these polls are 3 weeks old, they basically mean nothing outside of giving us an idea where the race stood at the end of August.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/18/21 03:06 AM
There were four polls conducted in Florida in August, none in September. Rubio has the lead over Demmings by 6.5 points averaging all four out. More importantly is Rubio is winning the independent vote by an average of 48-43 with 9% undecided. Add the independent vote along with the PVI of R+3 for Florida, the 6.5 point lead is right on..
COVID isn't finished with red Flori-duh yet. There's still 14 mos before the election. coffee
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/18/21 11:32 PM
It will be interesting to see if they get tired of all the dying, and run DeathSantis out of the state on a rail.
Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/28/21 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by jgw
The problem with the filibuster thing is that the Dems are slated, by just about every talking head, on either side, to lose next year's election. If that happens, and its close, then the Dems just may want the filibuster in place.

For what?
The Dems SUCK at using the filibuster, and with good reason.
Posted By: Greger Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/28/21 03:38 PM
Using the filibuster would require that Republicans put forth legislation that can be filibustered.

Republicans don't legislate. Everything they do can be done with a simple majority or by executive order.

DeSantis will most likely be re-elected. Dems haven't got a candidate who will galvanize voters and get them off the couch in 2022.

Donald Trump has every intention of running again in 2024.

Lawlessness...? You aint seen nuthin' yet!
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/28/21 04:45 PM
I'd say if the election were held today, DeSantis would lose, Rubio would win. But it's not, it's 13 months off and a lot can happen between now and then. I do agree with Republican don't legislate, the only legislation I remember during Trump was his tax cuts. I don't remember him proposing any other major legislation.

On governing by EO's, Obama did exactly that his last 6 years. Which worked when he was president, but when a new president enters office, the new president can repeal, revoke, change previous president's EO's which is what Trump did. Trump spend more time rescinding EO's than initiating them. At least that how it seemed to me. Trump was doing everything he could to eliminate anything Obama did to include any legacy.

I don't think Trump will run again in 2024. If he did, the only candidate I think he'd stand a chance of winning against would be Harris. Independents don't like either one, but dislike Harris more than Trump. A repeat of 2016 with Clinton and Trump.It also seems to me, a lot of independents have over the last month and a half to two months assigned Trump to the dust bin of ancient history. Another run for the presidency would bring out all the old reasons why they, independents disliked Trump and got rid of him.

But who knows? No one knows what will happen between now and Nov 2024, what unforeseen events or how the public as a whole will view or perceive Biden's and democratic rule.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/29/21 08:10 PM
On governing by EO's, Obama did exactly that his last 6 years.
So why would someone whose only opinions are what the polls say not look it up?

Pres Obama avg 35/yr, while Mr Trump avg 55/yr. In fact Pres Obama's second term he did fewer EO's than the first term. More importantly it should be remembered EO's only apply to the Executive Branch of government. You may call it governing but in reality it is tweaking, not governing.

I don't think Trump will run again in 2024
I believe there is a higher probability of him running than not running. Revenge is a powerful motivator. Imagine all the anti-Trumpers he can frak. Who would stop him from running? The Base is all in for Trump. 70% believe election was stolen and the other 30% can be easily persuaded it was stolen. The stage is set for a large scale insurrection, why would Trump waste the opportunity to ensconce himself as the one and only savior of America, voice of the delusional, face of Mt Rushmore, .... Master of the Universe.

As most commentators, you have sold the Master Manipulator short. The ordinary rules of engagement do not apply. We live in an n dimensional-space where demagoguery can sway even the independents to become irrational. We'll have 3 more years to deal with Trump before the anti-democratic weasels of the Republican Party march in the goosestep parade to fascism.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/29/21 08:17 PM
What people want more than anything is a functioning government.
Let me fix that for you.

What [rational] people want more than anything is a functioning government.

The Republican base wants to bring it all down. Elected Republicans have said it. They did not get elected to play nice on a team. Bannon says it best ... deconstruct it. The radical extremist Republicans don't like anything about democracy. They remind me of Bakuninists.
Posted By: Greger Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/30/21 08:35 PM
Anarchists of any sort can't really be taken seriously. I'm not at all familiar with that faction, Bokononism came to mind though.
Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 09/30/21 11:28 PM
I have not heard what they want to replace it with. I think that is the very definition of anarchy. Perhaps you mean they will deconstruct and reconstruct it in the image of the Great Orange One, in which case they are simply insurrectionists.

Is that more palatable???
Posted By: Greger Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/01/21 12:57 AM
They don't really seem to have any plans beyond breaking things. But apparently, that is how you make America great again.

And again, anarchists of any sort can't really be taken seriously.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/01/21 03:19 AM
I fail to comprehend how anyone can take 1/6 lightly. 147 Republicans out of 264 elected Republicans voted to overturn an election. That's more than half of the elected Republicans. Turning away from the obvious, sticking one's head in the sand, marginalizing the impact, or minimizing the importance of an attempted coup is precisely how democracies are lost.

These people have to be taken seriously because they are steadily working on destroying the foundations of Democracy. These are not a rabble of liberal anarchists from the 60's. These are well funded fascists.

and when they come for you ... will you finally take them seriously?
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/01/21 07:56 PM
One federal judge sentencing a January 6th insurrectionist scolded the Justice Department for only filing a single misdemeanor charge, when she had obviously committed more serious crimes. Maybe she cooperated and made a plea deal, but the article didn't say that. It seemed to imply that Justice Department lawyers sympathetic to Trump insurrectionists are letting them off easy.
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/02/21 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
One federal judge sentencing a January 6th insurrectionist scolded the Justice Department for only filing a single misdemeanor charge, when she had obviously committed more serious crimes. Maybe she cooperated and made a plea deal, but the article didn't say that. It seemed to imply that Justice Department lawyers sympathetic to Trump insurrectionists are letting them off easy.
I do wonder if the DoJ is going too light. Especially when someone expresses specific intent to do harm.
Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/04/21 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by rporter314
I believe there is a higher probability of him running than not running. Revenge is a powerful motivator.

The longest and most favorite chapter in Trump's other book "Think Big" is aptly titled

REVENGE

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Greger Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/04/21 06:43 PM
Partisan investigators seem to be grasping at straws, and jail time for Trump is becoming a more distant possibility all the time. One of the VERY likely matchups in 2024 could be Trump vs Harris.

I fail to comprehend how anyone can take 1/6 lightly.
No one is taking it lightly and everyone sees it for the failure that it was. It is one more example of what happens when conservatives take control. The Great Depression and the Great Recession were the other most famous instances in recent history. We are living through the third.

I do wonder if the DoJ is going too light. Especially when someone expresses specific intent to do harm.
These folks aren't criminals and locking them up will neither prevent future riots nor reform them.

Donald Trump was responsible for it, he stirred them up and sent them into battle, he could have stopped it at any time. Yet he chose to gleefully watch it on television. Like Nero watching Rome burn on CCTV while he played his violin.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/04/21 10:11 PM
Trump vs. Harris, 2024. Interesting. Just by looking at the independent voter favorable/unfavorable views of these two as of 28 Sep 2021, Trump would probably win the independent vote if the election were held today. Harris is viewed favorably by 31% of independents, unfavorably by 60%. Independents aren’t political junkies, they tend to vote on their perceptions, likes and dislikes of the candidates. Harris just rubs them the wrong way and always has, even in the Democratic Primaries of 2020.

Trump on the other hand, also has never been liked or viewed favorably by independents. But Trump gets his best marks among independents today than he ever has going back to 2016. 42% of independents view Trump favorably, 53% unfavorably. That’s his lowest unfavorable among independents ever. 57% of independents viewed him unfavorable in Nov 2016, 61% in Nov 2018, 60% Nov 2020

I suppose everyone has their own reasons for Trump’s lowering of independents unfavorable view of him. I tend to think it’s because Trump isn’t out there twittering everyday to remind independents why they disliked him so much. He’s been basically out of the news. The old saying, out of sight, out of mind seems to apply. But this is only a SWAG. He’s ancient history to most independents. They wanted him gone, Trump’s gone, mission accomplished. Now they’re focused on Biden and company, beginning in August anyway as independents gave Biden a six-month honeymoon just for not being Trump. Trump, he’s become distant memory today for independents.

Having said this, I do think if Trump runs for the presidency in 2024, he’ll remind independents why they disliked him so much while he was president and his unfavorable’s will shoot right back up there in the 60% range. But 2024, a Harris/Trump matchup could be another 2016 rerun where a majority of independents disliked and didn’t want neither Trump nor Clinton to become the next president. 54% to be exact. Final results for 2016 of the independent vote, 46% Trump, 42% Clinton, 12% third party, a vote against both.

My solution, Tammy Duckworth 2024. A fresh young face from flyover country much like Obama in 2008 and Bill Clinton in 1992.
Posted By: rporter314 Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/04/21 10:49 PM
I like it. It idiotic electorate would rather vote for someone who will destroy American Democracy rather than someone who wants to preserve it.

Rome dominated the Mediterranean world for almost 1000 years ... perhaps America will fall just under 100 years. It appears to me America doesn't deserve to be that beacon on the hill.

Hail Lord and Master Trump
Posted By: Greger Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/04/21 11:55 PM
The world doesn't need anybody dominating it anymore. It needs team players.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Trump, he's old and not terribly healthy.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/05/21 12:49 AM
Both parties come up with their own nominees and in both cases, do so without any thought to how 40% of the electorate will view their candidate. That 40% being independents. We do live in an era where independents decide national elections, not either party's base.

In 2016 I thought the Republicans blew it big time when they nominated Trump. They had Rubio and Kasich, well liked and looked favorably on by independents. Yet they nominated someone in which 57% of independents disliked. Sure the Democratic candidate would trounce Trump like there was no tomorrow. Then the Democrats come up with Clinton, that left me scratching my head. What was a trouncing in the making became a horse race to the finish.

Ah, then 2020. It looked like the Democrats learned a valuable lesson from 2016. Biden was liked by independents and that showed in their final vote tally for him 54-41 over Trump. Now it seems the Democrats are talking about Harris as their 2024 nominee. Once again I'll scratch my head wondering did the Democrats really learn anything from 2016?

I hope Greger is correct.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/05/21 02:30 AM
It's wishful thinking that Rightwingers are counting Joe out in 2024. These people are all cut from the same cloth. rolleyes

No matter which site you go to - it's as if they all have a daily talking point - which only reforces the Russian Troll Farm phenomena. Hmm
Posted By: rporter314 Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/05/21 12:51 PM
Trump Org could run a holographic image of The Trump and they would vote for him.

It's religious ... an article of faith .... Trump was and remains the savior of America.
Posted By: Ken Condon Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/05/21 03:27 PM
trump.org could run a holographic image of The Trump and they would vote for him

Funny, but sad. And oh so true. It’s just astonishing the hold he has over his flock and will continue to have. As has been mentioned before ad nausium a cult.
Posted By: perotista Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/05/21 04:44 PM
Republican and Democrats voting for their party's candidates regardless of who they are is the norm. History has shown that on average 92% of those who identify with either major party will vote for their party's candidate.Hence, when it comes to election forecasts, Republicans and Democrats are the most boring groups. Everyone knows how they'll vote. Now figuring out independents, that's a challenge and is very interesting. So if Trump runs in 2024, 92% of Republicans, give or take a point or two will vote for him. If Biden were to run again in 2024, the same 92% of Democrats would vote for him. Guaranteed.

As for Biden, he said a couple of times during the primaries he'd serve one term. That is probably why many are speculating on who the Democrats will nominate in 2024. But let's get 2022 out of the way first, what happens in 2022 will directly effect what is to take place in 2024.
Posted By: Ken Condon Re: The Lawlessness is the Point - 10/05/21 06:22 PM
Along the way in federal elections I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, independents, and on occasion even offered write ins. What percentage does that put me into? The one percent?

If so, yay, I finally made it into the 1%.
© ReaderRant