Yule falls on December 21st this year,
when the sun sets that night,
the longest night of the year will follow,
and then the shortest day!
Yuletide ends when the sun sets
On the shortest day.

Have a happy And Blessed Yule Ya'll!
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 12:37 PM
I propose that we start a ten year campaign of placing personal ethics and responsibility above all. No right shall be granted, no lawsuit shall be litigated, no law shall be passed, no election shall be held, without the honest and forthright consideration of personal responsibility and moral intent.

We’ll call it The Decade of Setting The Ship Of Humanity Aright.

What say ye, fellow citizens?
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: logtroll
I propose that we start a ten year campaign of placing personal ethics and responsibility above all. No right shall be granted, no lawsuit shall be litigated, no law shall be passed, no election shall be held, without the honest and forthright consideration of personal responsibility and moral intent.

We’ll call it The Decade of Setting The Ship Of Humanity Aright.

What say ye, fellow citizens?

Sounds like a Liberal attempt to own the Conservatives. Amiright? coffee
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 02:15 PM
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 02:27 PM
Wonderful soil...
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

No. I'm thinking of an end run around mindless politics.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 05:42 PM

No. I'm thinking of an end run around mindless politics.

That was my second guess. laugh
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 06:10 PM
That was awesome.
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 09:44 PM
Quote:
placing personal ethics and responsibility above all.

I b'lieve if you asked any politician in DC whether their votes placed personal ethics and responsibility above all other considerations they would each and every one of them swear they did.
Some of them would be lying, but most would not.

One man's ethics and responsibilty is another man's trash...
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/06/20 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
placing personal ethics and responsibility above all.

I b'lieve if you asked any politician in DC whether their votes placed personal ethics and responsibility above all other considerations they would each and every one of them swear they did.
Some of them would be lying, but most would not.

One man's ethics and responsibilty is another man's trash...

Of course... I didn’t mean to give the impression that I thought it would be possible. crazy
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/08/20 12:41 AM
Indeed, Logs, but speculatively speaking you are perhaps trying to force your own version of ethics and responsibility onto others without their consent.

Your average, run of the mill, Republican believes it is their ethical responsibility to kill Democrats on sight.
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/08/20 12:54 AM
Indeed, Logs, but speculatively speaking you are perhaps trying to force your own version of ethics and responsibility onto others without their consent.

Your average, run of the mill, Republican believes it is their ethical responsibility to kill Democrats on sight.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/09/20 12:26 AM

Welp it's over...9-0 SCOTUS tells Fatboy to take a hike.

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 12:47 AM

The SCOTUS bitch slap's Ken Paxton and his laughable lawsuit 9-0. Trump loses two SCOTUS fights in one week.

#SoMuchLosing

smile
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 05:03 AM
Now the only question is what do we do about all those AGs and congressmen who supported dictatorship. I think they all swore to defend the US Constitution from enemies foreign or domestic under oath. Wasn't supporting this suit perjury then for them?
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 05:40 AM
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Now the only question is what do we do about all those AGs and congressmen who supported dictatorship. I think they all swore to defend the US Constitution from enemies foreign or domestic under oath. Wasn't supporting this suit perjury then for them?

Refuse to seat the House Reps In January 2021 for being traitors to America.

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 05:49 AM

Some people are saying that the SCOTUS kicked the POTUS right in the SCROTUS.

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 02:25 PM

Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 03:09 PM

According to CNN:

Quote:
...the first lady told Kelly to discreetly ask West Wing acquaintances and a member of the Office of Management and Budget whether there were taxpayer funds allocated to former first ladies, according to two sources familiar with the discussions.

No you fcking eastern European whore, there is no budget for you to sponge off of the taxpayers once you're no longer FLOTUS.

It will be so nice to have a college professor for a FLOTUS, rather than some bimbo that can say, "anal is $20 extra" in six languages.

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 04:41 PM

Evangelicals:
Quote:
"Donald J. Trump was sent by God."

Why, did he run out of locusts? smile
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 09:39 PM
Are we going to see a raft of Qanon's true believers commit suicide on Monday, so they can be with Jebus instead of living here during the end times? I bet drinking bleach is the most popular method, since that was officially endorsed by Trump.
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/12/20 09:47 PM
We can only hope....
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/20/20 05:24 PM

The FAT, orange, incompetent old guy is outta the White House in 30 days from today.

smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/21/20 03:43 AM

Why was the Overstock.com CEO in the Oval at the WH on Friday when that crazy shouting match was going on? Shall we add him to the do not buy from list along with the My Pillow guy?

Hmm
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/22/20 05:03 PM

The FAT, orange, incompetent old guy is outta the White House in 30 days from today.

Maybe...maybe not.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/22/20 05:05 PM

Maybe...maybe not.

Then Nancy better make room in The House jail cell for all of those seditious House Republicans - after their trail, of course. smile
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/22/20 08:59 PM
Nancy has failed to coral a single wrongdoer over the last four years.

Trump's supreme court failed him, perhaps an eleventh hour military coups is still in the works...it aint over 'til the fat baby sings.
Posted By: Irked Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/23/20 06:05 AM
Oddly enough, the Speaker of the House does not have its own police force or courts. They are stuck relying on the Federal Courts for justice and the executive branch for enforcement.

When the inJustice Department refuses to enforce congressional subpoenas, even arguing against their validity in court, what course should the Speaker have taken? The House tried by holding many hearings but were able to get precious few witnesses to testify under oath. Without concrete evidence or testimony and without a legal ability to coerce compliance with subpoenas, I suppose the Speaker could get on Twitter and rage against the Deep State, toss out unsubstantiated charges and call everyone who disagrees losers and nasty, but that schtick has been taken.
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/23/20 08:41 PM
Quote:
I suppose the Speaker could get on Twitter and rage against the Deep State, toss out unsubstantiated charges and call everyone who disagrees losers and nasty, but that schtick has been taken.

Failing that, perhaps she should just retire...? When she last convinced them to elect her to the Speaker's position she promised it would be her last term...because no one else had the political savvy to take down Donald Trump.

promises promises...she's already 80 years old. McConnell is 79. Biden is 78...
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/24/20 12:55 AM
Crikey... must be getting old. Did a multiple stop business trip yesterday and today - drove 500 miles of “blue highways” Tuesday, thank gawd there wasn’t any recent snow, and 250 miles of freeway/winding mountain road today. Ah’m tard... Lots of stunningly beautiful scenery, though. I passed through Georgia O’Keefe’s favorite landscape near Phantom ranch as the sun was setting and it was incredible.

I used to drive from here to North Idaho every couple of months in a biggish flatbed truck, seventeen trips in all, driving 900 miles the first day and 650 the second. Oof!
Posted By: Irked Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/24/20 06:10 AM
The seemingly endless hours through some of the world’s most beautiful landscape is both a boon and a burden. I envy you logtroll, it’s been far too long since I have driven that country.
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/24/20 01:31 PM
ThumbsUp

I meant Ghost Ranch. Here’s a good idea of what it looked like:

Abiquiu area scenery
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/24/20 05:00 PM

Pretty rock formation colors, but where are the trees? Hmm
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/24/20 07:50 PM
Higher or Norther. Not enough water there for trees. This is good land for living in houses carved out of the cliffs and doing dry land agriculture on the mesas above. The First People did that for thousands of years, starting not long after modern humans walked across the Alaska land bridge.

You can still go see some of those dwellings at Mesa Verde. Lots of trees just east of Albuquerque. (14,000+ high peaks)
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/24/20 10:43 PM
Tree line for pinyons and junipers start at around 6000'. Ponderosa pines above 6500'. Mixed conifer higher than 8000'.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/25/20 06:07 AM
Albuquerque altitude is 5312 feet, which is funny because Denver is touted as the "mile-high city", and is actually 32 feet lower elevation than Albuquerque. Denver has mountains just to the west that soar over 14,000 feet. Albuquerque has mountains to the east that go that high. Almost but not quite as high as Mt. Whitney. I wonder why so many mountains in the lower 48 top out right around that height.
Posted By: Irked Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/25/20 10:43 PM
I wonder why so many mountains in the lower 48 top out right around that height.

Poor childhood nutrition?
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/25/20 10:56 PM
:applaud:
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/25/20 11:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Irked
I wonder why so many mountains in the lower 48 top out right around that height.

Poor childhood nutrition?

Too much rock and roll...
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/27/20 05:56 PM

A Trump supporter gave his Anitoch, TN house to a friend, then drove his RV to downtown Nashville on Christmas morning, and parked next to a AT&T switching station, then blew himself up because orange Fatass told him the the Chinese are listening to his 5G calls.

Trump supporters are some very sick-in-the-head individuals. gobsmacked
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/27/20 08:46 PM
Seems like he loaded up his RV with a huge pile of explosives, so he could blow something up, before he had a specific target. Of course, rational thinking is not a hallmark of these goobers. Jebus told him not to kill people if he wants to get into heaven, so he recorded the PA warning and did it when most people are home asleep.

I bet this is the first of many suicides by true believers now that their savior is dethroned.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/27/20 08:49 PM
Seems like he loaded up his RV with a huge pile of explosives, so he could blow something up, before he had a specific target. Of course, rational thinking is not a hallmark of these goobers. Jebus told him not to kill people if he wants to get into heaven, so he recorded the PA warning and did it when most people are home asleep.

I bet this is the first of many suicides by true believers now that their savior is dethroned.

Jebus apparently also told the loon to play Petula Clark's Downtown over a loud speaker from the RV before blowing himself and the RV up.

Trump supporters are such hysterical drama queens before they blow themselves up. coffee
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/27/20 08:56 PM

crazy
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/28/20 12:45 AM

Have we entered an era of suicide bombers in the USA...?

:doh:
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/28/20 02:19 AM

Have we entered an era of suicide bombers in the USA...?

:doh:

ISIS or American Conservative? Hmm

• Theocracy for government
• Holy book as Science
• Their religion is the only real one
• Become violent when others speak against them
• Guns solve everything
• Accept only their own 'kind'
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/28/20 09:50 PM
Don't forget the most important similarity of all:

Greed.
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/30/20 08:14 AM
Just wanted to mention a personal note: we lost our dog over Christmas weekend, so I've been a bit out of sorts. He had a prostate infection in October that got pretty serious, but had recovered. It appeared to have recurred Christmas Eve, and he began to have a series of significant ancilliary conditions. We decided after a difficult couple of days that it would not be in his best interest to prolong treatment and had to let him go. It's really hard. I know several of you have gone through the same recently. [img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/8mWoKssVQWBuczD49[/img]
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/30/20 10:45 AM
Sorry to read that. As CS Lewis said: "The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal."

The fact that they only last 10 or 15 years is the worst, but they make up for that by loving us unconditionally every day of their short time on Earth. Our ability to end their suffering at the end is a gift.
Posted By: Irked Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/30/20 03:09 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss, NWP.

There is never a good time for a loved one to pass.

And to those who don’t think pets can be loved ones: I’m sorry for you; you’ve missed out on much.
Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/30/20 10:42 PM
You have my deepest condolences, Jon. Me and the best boy ever are on borrowed time. He'll turn 14 this year.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 12/31/20 01:16 PM
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Just wanted to mention a personal note: we lost our dog over Christmas weekend, so I've been a bit out of sorts. He had a prostate infection in October that got pretty serious, but had recovered. It appeared to have recurred Christmas Eve, and he began to have a series of significant ancilliary conditions. We decided after a difficult couple of days that it would not be in his best interest to prolong treatment and had to let him go. It's really hard. I know several of you have gone through the same recently. [img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/8mWoKssVQWBuczD49[/img]

Sorry to read about your loss NW_P.

frown
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/01/21 01:03 AM
I thank you, my friends, for your thoughts. The grief is receding to a dull ache, but flairs, occasionally. That is the price of the love and affection from/to a shorter-lived creature. My younger son was an absolute trooper through the process and was the last one with Augie at the end. I'm grateful for that.

As I was looking for places to donate unused stuff I saw that there are less than a dozen dogs at the Humane Society (which often houses a hundred), indicating that there are more people willing to bring a furry friend into their lives. That gave my heart a genuine boost. They're all good dogs and deserve a good home.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/01/21 02:49 AM
As I was looking for places to donate unused stuff I saw that there are less than a dozen dogs at the Humane Society (which often houses a hundred), indicating that there are more people willing to bring a furry friend into their lives. That have my heart a genuine boost. They're all good dogs and deserve a good home.

A co-worker recently fostered a dog and ended-up keeping him. She recently was in touch with the people that she got Jack (the dog) from and they never told her this before, they sent her a piccy of Jack when the shelter first got him and his neck was raw because Jack's neck had grown around the rope that he was tied to and they had to cut the rope out.

The coworker showed the shelter all of the loot that Jack got for Christmas and that's when they showed her that piccy. They were happy that Jack is being well taken care of.

shocked
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/01/21 04:04 AM
They're all good dogs and deserve a good home.

You better go get you one!
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/01/21 04:33 PM

Happy 2021 Ranters! smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/01/21 05:06 PM

Two news stories in the past two days of Rightwingers in positions of power purposely leaving the vaccines out of refrigeration to render the vaccines useless.

The Proud Boys in DC to encourage Congress not to certify Joe Biden's win, then to disrupt the Inaugural on the 20th.

Why do Rightwingers hate America so much? Hmm
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/01/21 09:55 PM

Don Jr at Mara-largo last night, New Year's Eve

Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/02/21 01:17 AM
Quote:
Why do Rightwingers hate America so much?

They don't hate America, Rick...they hate you.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/02/21 05:46 AM
That's going to be a very expensive act for the pharmacist who intentionally spoiled 500 vaccine doses. The retail price is about $150,000. Not to mention loss of his career and prison time.

Not believing in vaccines or this vaccine is one thing. So don't get one! Deciding to deprive 500 people is quite another.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/02/21 08:21 AM
Not believing in vaccines or this vaccine is one thing. So don't get one! Deciding to deprive 500 people is quite another.

These are the very same nut jobs who decide if they should fill a morning after prescription based on their religious convictions.

Hmm
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/02/21 09:06 PM
Yes: If you can't fill a certain prescription because of your religious beliefs, you should not have a pharmacist license. Religious freedom means you have the right to believe anything you want, but it does not mean you can do anything your religion tells you to do without legal consequences. My religion could tell me to marry multiple 12 year old virgins. If I do anything like that I would spend years in prison. My religion could tell me to stone adulterers to death, keep slaves, kill disrespectful children, etc. All examples from actual mainstream religions!

Religion is a fine thing, if you need that to cope with life's difficulties. Just keep it in your pants.
Posted By: logtroll Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/02/21 10:19 PM
My religion could tell me to marry multiple 12 year old virgins.

Why would you want to marry them?
Posted By: NW Ponderer Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/03/21 06:14 PM
They don't hate America, Rick...they hate you.
They hate all of us, and by extension, the nation to which we belong.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/03/21 08:42 PM
I'm not saying any of those are good ideas. I'm saying that those things are all religious duties that need to be ignored if you want to remain a free man in 2021 America.

Recent decisions by the Supreme Court that religion trumps everything are suicidal.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/03/21 08:51 PM

Quote:
"So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state. There's no way I lost Georgia. There's no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes."

Yeah...that should be good for a few years in State prison. smile
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/05/21 05:56 AM

smile
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/06/21 09:20 AM
Nice Christmas present: 98% counted and it looks like the Democrats are well ahead in Georgia. I'm not sure I even want to watch Wednesday's sh!t-show. The outcome is certain. It's just going to be a bunch of criminals pledging loyalty to their crime-lord before the RICO trial.

I guess it would be entertaining if the ground opened up under each congress-critter as he voted to object, so demons could transport him or her to Hell.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/06/21 03:24 PM
Nice Christmas present: 98% counted and it looks like the Democrats are well ahead in Georgia.

It's ironic that the distant relatives of slavery restored democray to America. Stacey Abrams deserves a ticker-tape parade and Time's Person of the Year

smile

I'm not sure I even want to watch Wednesday's sh!t-show. The outcome is certain. It's just going to be a bunch of criminals pledging loyalty to their crime-lord before the RICO trial.

Everyone of those Rightwing aholes need to be tried for treason and then have the firing squad that Trump recently brought back, be their punishment. mad

Posted By: Greger Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/06/21 07:06 PM
Lock 'em up!

And then SHOOT 'EM!
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/06/21 10:19 PM
Ossoff is 27,000 votes ahead, and has been declared the winner. Senate will be the Democrats.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/07/21 04:01 AM

Trump will NOT be POTUS on FR 01/08/21. That m'fckr Pence better not pardon that psycho bitch Trump, either! mad
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/07/21 05:31 AM

About that $600 which 88% of America is getting...it's not "free" money as the conTARDs are saying it is. It's actually an advance on your 2020 refund. I knew it was odd that McTurtle would agree to it.

crazy
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/07/21 11:26 AM
The best thing they could do now, is to invoke Amendment 25 and send Trump (by force if necessary) off to a secure funny farm for a little old fashioned anti-psychotic drug therapy and a strong dose of reality. At least until the 21st. Pence can be caretaker for the next 13 days. He actually did a fine job yesterday. I was proud of him, for once. Must be wonderful to get that smell out of his nose.

Mitt made a pretty good speech, too. He said the best way to respect the Trump voters is to tell them the truth.
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/07/21 08:33 PM
I read a bit more on what Amendment 25 can actually do with a President who isn't in a coma, and it looks like it is only effective for about four days unless Congress is dead set on extending it. So Amendment 25 takes him out immediately as impeachment works it's way through the process.

One interesting thing is that as acting President, Pence would not be able to pardon anybody (because Trump would still be President, just stripped of his powers). Once impeachment and removal was complete, Pence WOULD be President with the power to pardon for federal crimes. I wonder if that might be incentive for impeachment for somebody, either in executive positions or Congress. But maybe that's giving too much credit to those people.
Posted By: pdx rick Re: The Yuletide RoundTable - 01/08/21 12:17 AM
...One interesting thing is that as acting President, Pence would not be able to pardon anybody (because Trump would still be President, just stripped of his powers).

That sounds like the best of both worlds: Pence "acting" President with no pardon power and Trump stripped of all of his power.

smile
© ReaderRant