Capitol Hill Blue
Posted By: logtroll Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 12:57 AM
Prove me wrong...

Personality disorders rool!!
Penalties for Trump's lawyers?

Wouldn't that be nice - but don't hold your breath.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 01:39 AM
Not much point in disbarring them, no sane client would pay for their "services", though I guess there may be plenty of rump cultists out there that think they are Clarence Darrow. They had better hope their juries are as impartial as the GOP senate, in their favor, like a white jury with a black rape defendant in Jim Crow South. On the other hand, this kind of jury is more likely now in red states.
I think Giuliani is the one who needs to lose his license. He filed so many meritless lawsuits for Trump, it must be the world's record. You are only supposed to get a few chances at that, before the kick you out of the club.

Of course, he might get indicted for incitement. So maybe no need to mess with license cancellation or disbarment.
One of the ships sailing the metaphorical Sea of Insanity is blown briskly about by the Stop The Steal gale force wind. The ConROT aroma surrounding that imbroglio is thick enough to cut with a machete - in a feat of supreme irony (is this the Irony Age?), the crusaders against stealing the election are the wannabe thieves!

Thatís insane...
Posted By: Irked Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 07:18 PM
Originally Posted By: logtroll

Thatís insane...

Nope. Thatís the Republican Party: the last remaining bulwark against Communism, Pedophilia, Cannibalism and Deicide.

The Republican Party: ĎCuz God canít do it alone.
State Republican Parties censuring members of congress who voted to impeach or convict Trump, have essentially told those members they are no longer welcome in the Party. Leaders of the Democratic Party in both of those Houses should invite those members to join the Democratic caucus.

Susan Collins just might go for it. Lisa Murkowski might as well. If just a single Senator flipped Parties, it would change the balance of power in the Senate. Instead of shared power, it would all go to the Democrats. And that would vey nicely demonstrate to those state organizations that their actions have consequences.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 08:46 PM
We Didnt send you to do the right thing!

I cant believe I'm quoting the AmericanIndependent, for my favorite quote du jour, but as my old pathology professor said when we made a correct diagnosis on a tough case:
Even a blind pig sometimes finds an acorn!

Quote:

The Washington County GOP chair wants Republican Sen. Pat Toomey punished for voting to convict Trump.

A Pennsylvania county Republican Party chair suggested that GOP Sen. Pat Toomey should resign over his vote to convict Donald Trump. Doing so could give Democrats another seat in the closely divided chamber.

In an interview with a Pittsburgh television station, Washington County GOP Chair Dave Bell lambasted Toomey for voting to allow an impeachment trial and to convict Trump of inciting an insurrection.

"Four years ago, when we voted for Pat Toomey, we sent him to Washington to represent our interests. He was our representative in Washington. We did not send him there to vote his conscience, we did not send him there to 'do the right thing' or whatever he said he was doing," Bell complained. "We sent him there to represent us and we feel very strongly that he did not represent us."

I rest my case your Honor!
LOL ROTFMOL tinfoilhat
Posted By: Irked Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 09:26 PM
We donít want to do the right thing! We donít want to do the moral thing! We want to own the libs and worship the Orange-One! Donít try to make us do the right thing, dangnabbit!!
Freedumbs!!
When they sent him there, he did have to be sworn in, and that included a duty to defend the constitution. I don't believe a member of congress can be seated unless he swears or affirms that oath. Did they want to send him, only for him to be refused the office?

That county GOP chair needs to be removed from his job for excess stupidity.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 09:38 PM
Wouldn't it be gneiss! Beach boys tune that became a damn earworm in the Tetons, as we were constantly surrounded by gneiss!
Posted By: Irked Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
When they sent him there, he did have to be sworn in, and that included a duty to defend the constitution. I don't believe a member of congress can be seated unless he swears or affirms that oath.

Which just goes to prove that Toomey is as dumb as any Liberal. All you have to do is cross your fingers while reciting the oath and whisper ďnotĒ at the very end and you are off the hook. Geesh! Good thing heís retiring and weíll be able to replace him with a True American thatís smart enough to know how to play the game against Pure Evil.
Posted By: Irked Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/16/21 10:20 PM
Freedumbs!!

Liburrtea!!
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/17/21 01:08 AM
Liburrteapotty!
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
When they sent him there, he did have to be sworn in, and that included a duty to defend the constitution. I don't believe a member of congress can be seated unless he swears or affirms that oath. Did they want to send him, only for him to be refused the office?

That county GOP chair needs to be removed from his job for excess stupidity.

Now, now... this is neither the time nor place for facts or logic. We are sailing the Sea of Insanity!
Quote:
All you have to do is cross your fingers while reciting the oath

That's like saying: "NO HOMO" after a guy gives you a blow job. If you just say it loud enough, then you are fine. Trump's defense lawyers insisted that ďNo thinking person could seriously believe that the presidentís Jan. 6 speech on the Ellipse was in any way an incitement to violence or insurrection.Ē

But that's no defense of incitement. Trump cultivated an army of gullible morons, and then sent them off to invade the Capital. Just because he threw them under the bus afterwards, does not erase the crime. He throws everybody under the bus when it suits him.

And now it's Mitch McConnell's turn. How's that undercoating holding up, Mitch?

Soon it will be Cruz, Hawley, and all the morons who voted to not convict.
Posted By: jgw Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/17/21 07:40 PM
Its strange. I remember when Trump started up. He went out of his way to insult and piss off just about all groups he could find. Females - no problem, LGBTQ community - no problem. Hispanics, Chinese, Blacks, Asian, ill, infirm, poor, you name it. He really didn't pick anybody but went after everybody. I remember repeating, again and again that if he kept it up he will have run off everybody and be done. Again and again! BOY! I was flat out wrong! He is still doing it. These days, it seems, that his only joy is to go after individuals that have gone out their way to support him he throws them under the bus; Mitch, Pense, several congress folk, staff, Attornies, Family Members, etc. (basically anybody who was even vaguely close).

It took me a couple of years to figure out that most Trump followers love to see him go after those who supported, they seem to also love to see those who were friends become enemies because Trump said so.

What I have learned, over the last few years, is that those who support Trump love to see Trump attack supporters. My next jump is that I will never trust one of them. They are Trump trained and can turn on you on the mythic dime. As Bill Mair says; "I don't know if its a fact but I know its true". Its not that I don't like Trumpies its just that I don't think I could trust one of them - they are Trump trained! If a Trumpy is also serving in the congress its even worse because they demonstrate, every day, that they have absolutely no backbones, no common sense, cannot be depended upon, and, apparently are unbeatable by a Democrat (a story that needs telling).

As an aside (part of the story that needs telling). The 2018 election proved that the Dems haven't a clue. They lost a pile of people from the house which they seem to have ignored whilst they won two senate seats due, mainly, to Trump and a lot of hard work. My problem is that huge loss of seats in the House and then all the bragging on the 2 Senate seats. Its as if the Democrats are under the impression that House seats just don't matter so who cares?

Just saying................
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/18/21 03:04 PM
Many people in Texas are saying that freezing Texans are rioting at the border, armed with sawzalls! They have been driven to violence by being thwarted while attempting to escape the hellish Dante-esque scene of Texans trapped in ice, by emigrating to salvation in warm sunny Mexico! The increasingly irate mob has been chanting: Mr previous president, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL! and We Don't need no Education, but looking Uncomfortably numb

Reports of this unrest have not hit main stream media yet, due to lack of power for communication, and diversion of Mexican volunteers helping to direct frustrated Texans to the end of the "wall" 400 meters to the West where they can just walk across the frozen Frio Grande.
TAT
What did the foreign national refrigerator repairman say when he walked into the bar in southern Texas and icily refused to answer a question about where he hailed from?

"I have frozen da query!"
Scoring:

A bad pun = shaking of the head
A bad bad double pun = major eyeroll with a moan
A bad bad bad triple-plus pun = genius!
Quote:
no sane client would pay for their "services", though I guess there may be plenty of rump cultists out there that think they are Clarence Darrow.
I routinely watch some attorney from Minn who claims van der Veen is a genius and easily refuted ... I dare say confuted ... the House managers.

Strange ... even Republican leaders said Trump's attorneys displayed poor performances and weak rebuttals.

Appears it doesn't matter for Trump supporters ... he is the next best thing to God and maybe he is even the SoG.
Quote:
ĎCuz God canít do it alone
I would have thought that also but when it comes to Covid ... the burden is on God to protect the people who believe they speak for God.

or God is punishing Texas with the help of Republicans

or the rationality of Republican irrationality
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/18/21 04:34 PM
Let me get this straight...

It's no wonder you cant get this Strait said Magellan
while circumcising the globe, and setting a fuel economy record, getting 14,000 miles per galleon...
TAT

Firesign loose association del dia
Originally Posted By: TatumAH
It's no wonder you cant get this Strait said Magellan
while circumcising the globe, and setting a fuel economy record, getting 14,000 miles per galleon...TAT

Sad... you can't even manage a single bad pun in a whole string. tonbricks

:doh:
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/18/21 05:26 PM
This means whore!
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/18/21 06:07 PM
Kumquat may!
TAT
... in danger stray
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/19/21 12:05 AM
not after spay
no childruns play
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/19/21 12:31 AM
with lunchpails today
Posted By: TatumAH Re: Politics- sailing on the Sea of Insanity - 02/19/21 03:24 PM
no childruns play

with lunchpails today
© ReaderRant