Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Summertime Roundtable
by Ken Condon - 09/21/21 09:41 AM
Gerrymandering
by perotista - 09/21/21 03:41 AM
Afghanistan
by pdx rick - 09/20/21 07:59 PM
25,000 Employees sue Disneyland for better pay
by Greger - 09/20/21 04:46 PM
Did I hear that right?
by Greger - 09/19/21 03:49 PM
Masks, after vaxx, after delta
by pondering_it_all - 09/18/21 11:54 PM
The Lawlessness is the Point
by pondering_it_all - 09/18/21 11:32 PM
New Texas law
by pondering_it_all - 09/18/21 11:18 PM
Winning
by perotista - 09/14/21 01:06 PM
CRISIS ALERT!!
by logtroll - 09/13/21 01:10 PM
How did Common Sense Die?
by logtroll - 09/13/21 12:45 PM
World Travel via GeoGuessr
by pdx rick - 09/12/21 09:35 PM
Trial/no trials, 9/11
by Mellowicious - 09/12/21 04:46 PM
Le Shrooms
by Jeffery J. Haas - 09/12/21 04:41 PM
Who are the Taliban?
by pdx rick - 09/11/21 04:56 AM
my own book page
by Mellowicious - 09/07/21 03:21 PM
Sidesism
by Mellowicious - 09/06/21 12:02 AM
Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching
by pondering_it_all - 09/04/21 11:49 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,505,394 my own book page
4,678,891 We shall overcome
3,691,093 Campaign 2016
3,385,726 Trump's Trumpet
2,665,065 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
2wins Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:
Just to be safe, campaign aides reportedly spent $5,000 at a local Wal-Mart on supplies that could be put on display. When supporters arrived at the rally-turned-relief event, they were treated to the 10-minute video about Romneys life, which was first unveiled at the RNC. The event ended with supporters lined up to hand over supplies and meet Romney. But according to BuzzFeed, this donation process was also staged:

Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, What if we dropped off our donations up front?

The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. Just grab something, he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their donations to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest Thank you.
Link

sure, you can talk to god, but if you don't listen then what's the use? so, onward through the fog!
Romney does not think as what he is try to sell himself. I heard this story last night and I thought how sad he is to take an action outside his usual place of donating things. I seriously doubt that he ever worked with the American Red Cross before. Had he spent a single day in an office run by the ARC he would have known how all the workers are trained to be gracious in accepting things and money. Apparently none of this son or even his wife has ever worked a disaster fund raiser. The man may give millions a year from his own wealth but he has no concept of how it's done. The church automatically hands out a tax deduction slip for every amount donated. Many organizations will do this if the donor requests it. On the central coast of California our ARC has access to vouchers that are given out to any food market or any store who donates money or goods. When the disaster is over one of us will visit these stores and hand out checks to cover the donation. In our village of Cambria, we had an earthquake followed by a high tide that wiped out many who lived along the Santa Rosa River. I went into the local market and talked to the owner about how much he gave. He nearly hit me. Damnit Sandy It was my privilege to help out our people and don't you ever offer me money for this privilege. I found this all up and down Main Street.

I remember my grandfather sending 4 new beds to a family in Santa Monica when they had a fire. He even sent sheets and blankets too. No Charge. Never a charge. My grandfather had been a Mormon but had given up the church when they changed Prophets. Grandpa reacted more like Christie in a disaster and would have shoved Romney out of the way. My grandfather hated liars and would never have run for office. He filled in as Mayor but stayed on as head of the Chamber of Commerce.

AKA Sandy Price
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Wouldn't it have been more efficient, Mr. CEO-candidate, to have asked one of your billionaire sponsors/peers to divert donations from a PAC to the Red Cross? Heck, it might even seem religious, as it has "cross" in its name. AND it's tax deductible!

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Now that's a great suggestion. Not all of Romney's donors are Mormons and could donate their money to the Red Cross. Right now, MSNBC is showing the devastation on Staten Island where fuel is needed for their generators.

I would think a clean up of those homes that were destroyed might be something needed. Maybe those mobile homes that were used in New Orleans could be brought to house those folks who are standing in what was their homes, looking lost. They will need power for warmth and a house with a roof for shelter. Once this is done, then food and blankets would be next. Do their sewers work? Is there water available? Schools could be expended until after the Christmas holidays and then extend their school hours during the summer months. The kids could be a work force if only to gather firewood if a pot bellied stove could be found. We even cooked on ours during a major fire on our hill.

Get some bulldozers in there to clear debris and then some flags to determine the property lines. If we have a work force, these folks could be back in a temporary home by Christmas or even Thanksgiving.

All this could be done if we can just get past this damn election that has done nothing but feed the fuel of war between the parties.

AKA Sandy Price
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Quote:
Romney Campaign Staged Donations At Storm Relief

In a odd coincidence, Mr. Romney's running mate staged a homeless shelter soup kitchen photo opp just a few weeks ago.

Lip service to the needy for false political expediency? Say it ain't so. coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted By: Sandune
Maybe those mobile homes that were used in New Orleans could be brought to house those folks who are standing in what was their homes...

No, we can't do that. Remember those trailers were made in China and emitted a formaldehyde gas?

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted By: Scoutgal

Well, for this week anyway. Who knows what next week will bring for Mr. Romney's political agenda.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 43 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby, Superfly
6,296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,190
Posts310,035