Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Round Table Winter 2021
by Jeffery J. Haas - 01/25/22 04:43 AM
Gerrymandering
by pdx rick - 01/25/22 03:59 AM
National Commission to Investigate the January 6
by pdx rick - 01/25/22 01:55 AM
They're saying the quiet parts out loud now
by pdx rick - 01/25/22 01:35 AM
Winning
by perotista - 01/24/22 11:00 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all - 01/24/22 10:55 PM
The long and winding road to Dumbass
by chunkstyle - 01/24/22 05:37 PM
Interesting read - maybe
by Mellowicious - 01/24/22 06:19 AM
Don't look up
by Jeffery J. Haas - 01/23/22 03:23 AM
XX or XY Genome
by Ken Condon - 01/22/22 07:01 PM
Texas hostages
by Mellowicious - 01/20/22 03:57 AM
Lindsey v. Mitch: Senate cage match
by logtroll - 01/15/22 05:11 AM
Complexity Science
by Jeffery J. Haas - 01/12/22 06:34 PM
What's for dinner?
by pondering_it_all - 01/02/22 09:37 PM
RoundTable For Fall 2021
by Mellowicious - 01/02/22 04:21 AM
Divorce: American Style
by pdx rick - 12/31/21 01:56 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,811,276 my own book page
4,874,292 We shall overcome
3,997,831 Campaign 2016
3,636,898 Trump's Trumpet
2,889,542 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
OP Offline
S
Anyone who thinks I am off course on the topic of right-wing extremism should consider the latest incident that was reported on the evening news. Over the weekend the FBI arrested nine members of the Hutaree Militia, located in southern Michigan, when the agency uncovered their plot to kill a policeman and then bomb his funeral so as to create the mass killing of his fellow officers. The leader of this group, David Brian Stone, believed that this act would trigger a nationwide revolt against the Federal Government by thousands of "aggrieved citizens". Stone's ex-wife said that his life had "spiraled out of control" and that he believed that this despicable act was part of some preordained plan to "defend the world against the anti-Christ."

Anyone who really thinks that there is no threat from the fanatics on the far right or who persists in trying to equate the legacy of the left with the CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER from the furthest fringes of ultra-conservative politics should wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late. Those who irresponsibly fantasize about some "citizen's revolt" aimed at toppling the current government in Washington are fooling themselves and have embarked on a reckless course of action. This ill begotten fantasy will only lead to senseless killings, including possibly their own, leaving behind in its wake a pathetic legacy of unnecessary tragedy.

Maybe its time for my fellow Americans to turn away from the extremist nonsense that passes for political commentary on the television and radio shows of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh or that which flows from the poison pens of Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter and their fellow travelers. Maybe its time to marginalize the content free cackle of people like Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN) and Sarah Palin when they babble on about enemies within the ranks of Senators and Congressmen or when they draw pictures of congressional districts held by Democrats overlaid by the crosshairs of a rifle scope. How often have you seen a Tea Party placard representing President Obama as the anti-Christ? Ask yourself, can you truly abide the most radical rhetoric of the Tea Party extremists who have come to drown out even the sensible people within their own ranks?

The vast majority of Americans have no desire to partake of this lunacy and the government has far more firepower than that possessed by the fanatics. Do the math on the probability of success for any kind of "citizens uprising" and you will see by intuitive deduction that this is a losing proposition, especially in a society that abhors extremist political actions and ideologies and one which would never support such a thing.

Steven J. Gulitti
March 30, 2010

See the attached Christian Science Monitor article for more:

Who is David Brian Stone, leader of the Hutaree militia? / The Christian Science Monitor Link

Last edited by Greger; 03/30/10 11:38 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I repaired your Link Mr. Gulitti. You're sorta preachin' to the choir here, but I reckon you know that. We all wish those asshats would just shut the feck up and stop rousing the righteous rabble. Sadly though there is a lot of money to be made doing it and everyone with a golden tongue and a hate for liberals is jumping on the bandwagon. Limbaugh might actually be closer to the antichrist than president Obama..........

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Heh, seems that some elected officials in Michigan were in the tank for Hutaree once upon a time.
They were for them before they were against them.

Bridgewater Township city supervisor called on Hutaree...TWICE

Ann Arbor dot com

And what a surprise, he's a "staunch" Republican.

The sheriff�s department was grateful for the help, said Derrick Jackson, the department�s director of community engagement.

�The volunteers were helpful whether they were militia, whether they were residents of that community or friends of elected officials,� Jackson said. �They did exactly what we asked of them.�

Heh, yeah I bet they did, and when you decide you'd like to round up a few of the local liberals, set fire to Democratic Party HQ, scare the crap out of a few black voters, or have one of them try to assassinate a sitting president, I am sure that they will again do what you ask of them.

Just what we need, a private paramilitary organization getting legitimacy from local government.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
What country are we in again? El Salvador?

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Key events involving
Michigan militia members

* 2005: Michigan militia member Norman David Somerville is sentenced to six years in federal prison for possessing and distributing 13 machine guns. Authorities claim Somerville planned to retaliate against Michigan State Police troopers for the death of Michigan militia member Scott Woodring.

* 2003: Michigan State Police Trooper Kevin M. Marshall is fatally shot during a standoff at the home of Michigan militia member Scott Woodring in Newaygo County. Police say Woodring killed Marshall. Woodring was located a week later and fatally shot by troopers after he pointed a gun at them.

* 2001: Michigan militia member Paul Darland is convicted of murder in the 1994 fatal shooting of William Gleason, a bodyguard for militia member Mark Koernke. Darland thought Gleason was spying on him, providing information to Koernke, authorities say.

* 2001: Michigan militia member Mark Koernke is sentenced to between three to seven years in prison for fleeing a police officer, assault with a dangerous weapon and resisting and obstructing an officer. He led police on a 40-mile chase after his car was seen near a bank robbery in progress in Dexter. Koernke was not involved in the robbery, but refused to stop, police said.

* 1999: North American Militia of Southwest Michigan member Bradford Metcalf is sentenced to 40 years in prison after being convicted of conspiring to blow up government buildings, threatening to kill federal officers and weapons violations.

deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler
Key events involving
Michigan militia members

* 2005: Michigan militia member Norman David Somerville is sentenced to six years in federal prison for possessing and distributing 13 machine guns. Authorities claim Somerville planned to retaliate against Michigan State Police troopers for the death of Michigan militia member Scott Woodring.

* 2003: Michigan State Police Trooper Kevin M. Marshall is fatally shot during a standoff at the home of Michigan militia member Scott Woodring in Newaygo County. Police say Woodring killed Marshall. Woodring was located a week later and fatally shot by troopers after he pointed a gun at them.

* 2001: Michigan militia member Paul Darland is convicted of murder in the 1994 fatal shooting of William Gleason, a bodyguard for militia member Mark Koernke. Darland thought Gleason was spying on him, providing information to Koernke, authorities say.

* 2001: Michigan militia member Mark Koernke is sentenced to between three to seven years in prison for fleeing a police officer, assault with a dangerous weapon and resisting and obstructing an officer. He led police on a 40-mile chase after his car was seen near a bank robbery in progress in Dexter. Koernke was not involved in the robbery, but refused to stop, police said.

* 1999: North American Militia of Southwest Michigan member Bradford Metcalf is sentenced to 40 years in prison after being convicted of conspiring to blow up government buildings, threatening to kill federal officers and weapons violations.

I wonder how these Christiban members somehow think Christ would approve of any of the above.

I'm thinking "militia" is synonymous with "lunatic magnet".

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
But surely there's been as much or more illegal activity by American Leftist Guerrillas in the same time? Surely. No?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Originally Posted by Greger
But surely there's been as much or more illegal activity by American Leftist Guerrillas in the same time? Surely. No?

Oh yes, everything is equal, right and left, I am sure that the left is pulling their many guns out, hurling racist insults, planning to kill police and others.\

It is undoubtedly the leftist press hiding all these and only reporting on these on the right.

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
Originally Posted by Greger

Oh yes, everything is equal, right and left, I am sure that the left is pulling their many guns out, hurling racist insults, planning to kill police and others.\

It is undoubtedly the leftist press hiding all these and only reporting on these on the right.

So True!

How eager they are to be slaves - Tiberius Caesar

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan
A
stranger
stranger
A
If these guys(ultra right wing loonies) want gun control...all I can say is keep it up. If one of these yahoos takes a shot at the president, that's exactly what they are gonna get. Gun control out of their worst nightmare. Or is that out of their wildest fantasy? These types of people have been watching Red Dawn too much....What do 9 or 10 guys think they can seriously accomplish if they find themselves up against a platoon of marines? Not much. If they were serious and not letting their fantasy get out of hand, they would study Mao and Sun Tzu, as well as the Iraq insurgents and the Mujaheddin. Instead we have a bunch of Walter Mitty types who have been nursing a fantasy that they and they alone can defeat the forces of the "Anti-Christ". So they decided to be Christ-like and try to kill a cop who may or may not be a bad cop, and then ambush his funeral to kill more cops...Im sure Jesus would approve. If that is in fact what they were planning.

Last edited by Allen Owen; 03/31/10 04:15 AM. Reason: speling and grammer errors

"When fascism comes to this country it will be draped in the flag and carrying a cross"-Sinclair Lewis
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SuZQ2, KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby
6,297 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,277
Posts314,014