Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Jungle Primaries and Rank Choice Voting
by perotista - 04/12/21 01:13 AM
Vaccines, over 65, youth
by pondering_it_all - 04/11/21 11:47 PM
Biden Plans
by jgw - 04/11/21 06:24 PM
Roundtable for Spring 2021
by Greger - 04/11/21 02:52 AM
Give away stuff
by jgw - 04/10/21 05:33 PM
3 word story game
by TatumAH - 04/10/21 02:08 AM
the word association game
by TatumAH - 04/10/21 01:28 AM
opening schools
by jgw - 04/09/21 05:48 PM
Border Problems
by jgw - 04/09/21 05:42 PM
OK - I'm phinished with phosphorus wisecracks....
by TatumAH - 04/06/21 09:16 PM
Conspiracies
by jgw - 04/05/21 05:31 PM
With a heavy heart
by Doug Thompson - 04/04/21 06:45 PM
RR is not shutting down!
by Doug Thompson - 04/03/21 04:37 PM
Fond memories of RR before it is shut?
by Ujest Shurly - 04/03/21 10:19 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,017,574 my own book page
4,310,459 We shall overcome
3,196,716 Campaign 2016
2,988,867 Trump's Trumpet
2,282,204 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
This morning I had the TV on for a few hours. It was the live broadcast of the House investigation into the riot of 1/6 and it was very strange. They had all the guys in charge (maybe) that quit after it happened. There were, amongst others, two police chiefs as well as other. Throughout the questioning not one of the politicians asking the questions never asked a simple question which may have answered all the others. The question goes something like; "Was there anybody in charge?"

Amazing! Not once! After a couple of hours of that I just turned it off. It became pretty obvious, early on, that NOBODY was in charge! There was a plethora of bosses - but nobody was in charge! There was a lot of stuff like who told who what, when and how and they couldn't even get that one right! What gets even more interesting is that apparently everybody seemed to keep phone records and even recordings if this and that but - NOBODY WAS IN CHARGE! They spent hours explaining stuff but NOBODY WAS IN CHARGE!

On reflection I suspect this is the way we run our government - NOBODY IS IN CHARGE! Its REALLY time for a new Hoover commission! There are OVER 141,000 members of the civil service in Washington, D.C. I am beginning to wonder if anybody is really in charge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_Commission

Last edited by jgw; 02/23/21 07:24 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I watched as much as I could, in the background, until Josh Hawley. His aggressive arrogant hypocrisy was astounding, in an age where we are resistant to it and thought it couldn't get any worse. He is extremely dangerous! We can only hope that his performances will end up being political suicide!

Ron Johnson had trouble just not breaking into Russian as usual, and Cruz of course. I cannot understand how they let them continue to commit contempt of congress!

TAT

Last edited by TatumAH; 02/24/21 03:34 AM.

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I have wondered about that myself. They are, however, 50% of the congress (or very close to that). I don't think that one side can remove the other! There are also rules (I think, have no idea what they might be though).

That being said, those knowingly supporting The Big Lie, I think, can't possibly be allowable as the big lie is the antithesis of this nation's constitution, I think (election denial). Basically, if you support the big lie then you are a traitor to the nation.

veteran
veteran
I doubt just voting to not certify the electors of a state constitutes "aid or comfort" to insurrectionists. But there certainly were congress members who incited the insurrection along with Trump, or gave tours to people with full knowledge of their plans.

I bet when these things get into the courts, they end up being booted out of elected politics for life. That's going to make supporting Trump's stolen election lies less popular. But don't count on congress to do anything like that. Congress is not a court. And judges really HATE perjury, Clarence Thomas excepted.

The fact that Thomas was the only SC Justice to write a dissent supporting Trump's election lies is telling, when Trump nominated so many Justices.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Trump has been acquitted on the incitement charge. No one else is likely to be charged. Trump is speaking at CPAC today in Orlando to an admiring audience who plan to see him re-elected in 2024.

Nobody is getting locked up and no one's political career will be adversely affected. Republican voters are entirely on board with carrying the MAGAverse into the next election cycle to reclaim the House and the Senate.

In a sane world you'd be absolutely correct.

Rational thought leads us to these predictions of rational results arrived at by rational men meeting and agreeing on the most rational course of action as per laws and traditions and resulting in rational conclusions.

Abstract thought, on the other hand, takes into account the variables like a complete lack of rationality in the Republican Party and a world turned topsy-turvy by a godlike authoritarian leader.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Jash hawley posed with closed fist waving in encouragement! That, I think, makes him responsible and should get his. Same with all the other elected who have, right out loud (one way or another) supported anti democratic, racist, stuff have the opportunity to stand up and defend themselves. I can only wonder how Josh explains the waving fist of support for all to see. Its a little like the idiot who stole the Pelosi reading thing (forget the name) and then made sure that the TV camera got his smiling picture of the theft. These people are not real bright!

It might be a thought for the Democrats to find those willing to go after those who claim to represent them whilst toothing the Trump horn as the whole damned bunch of them are anti-constitution folk, who are constantly claiming righteousness whilst attacking the nation. Being represented by such would not make me happy and, I suspect, there are many in that same camp.

Its kinda interesting. The Republicans are stressing how evil and bad the Democrats are and ignore most policies, etc. The Democrats, on the other hand, tend to stress policies and stuff. This dawned on me just the other night for no reason but it seems to be how things are. I have friends who are Trump true believers. When they claim something I now ask them what the basis for the thought is. My Trumpist friends no longer make claims around me.

Last edited by jgw; 02/28/21 08:29 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:
Jash hawley posed with closed fist waving in encouragement! That, I think, makes him responsible and should get his.

There is no law against pumping your fist. The people who voted for him are proud of him and stand behind his actions and his agreement that the election was stolen. He's a freshman senator and will be in office at least six more years. His fist pump will be long forgotten by then.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
journeyman
journeyman
FrankenHawley is on the loose.Danforth's warning.
Senator John Danforth was my favorite living Republican, and seeing him so tainted by his support of Hawley is saddening. But as we know, everything Rump touches dies. Danforth is very apologetic of his strong support for the totally unapologetic Hawley. I hope Danforth lives long enough to try to regain a shred of his honor and reputation by actively turning the Missouri GOP to take out Hawley, hopfully by recall or resignation. 2024 is too long to have Hawley around!

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit
veteran
veteran
One of the Capital invaders appeared before a judge the other day as his prosecution began, and his lawyers claimed he was just following the President's orders. The judge shut down that excuse immediately. He told the moron that HE was responsible for his criminal actions. Sounds like somebody is going to jail to me!

The FBI is spending a huge amount of time and money, for something that is not going to send anybody to jail. Maybe under Bill Barr, but there's a new sheriff in town. And yes, even White, rich people go to prison for stuff like tax fraud, loan fraud, fraudulent college admission schemes, etc.

Hawley's voters may support him, but they are not judges or juries. Last time I checked voter popularity in Missouri had no effect on a Washington DC federal jury. BTW, DC has more Black people than White people. 76% of the registered voters are Democrats. So juries are not likely to be favorable to Republican extremists who came from other states and try to disrupt the government.

L
veteran
veteran
L
Even as I comment on the subject, the voices in my head are reminding that Trumpism is a mass insanity event, and there is no rational explanation or cure, Im still compulsed to wonder what those wacko Capitol Building rioters thought would happen next, after they took the building? A magical new era of government of the creeple, by the creeple, and for the creeple, following the Constitutional Principles of anarchy, violence, and chaos?

Or is the mass delusion really that humanity is capable of rising above mass delusion?

Give me Weird Psychology for $1,000, Alex.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (perotista), 26 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby, Superfly
6,296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,118
Posts307,575
Members6,296
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017