Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Roundtable for Spring 2021
by logtroll - 05/09/21 11:26 AM
Vaccines, over 65, youth
by pondering_it_all - 05/09/21 12:55 AM
Social Media
by pondering_it_all - 05/09/21 12:50 AM
Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election
by pondering_it_all - 05/09/21 12:42 AM
2022 It's not too early...
by perotista - 05/08/21 08:10 PM
Wokeness
by jgw - 05/05/21 06:29 PM
ReaderRant is backonline and will not shut down again
by pondering_it_all - 05/04/21 09:41 PM
Police Problems fixed
by jgw - 05/02/21 07:11 PM
How many times normal income
by jgw - 05/02/21 05:15 PM
Wasting Tax Dollars
by jgw - 05/01/21 05:45 PM
New - From India
by TatumAH - 05/01/21 02:21 PM
3 word story game
by TatumAH - 05/01/21 01:59 PM
The Departed - 2020
by TatumAH - 04/30/21 04:44 PM
Border Problems
by jgw - 04/27/21 06:32 PM
Biden Plans
by Greger - 04/27/21 04:27 PM
Truman Commissions
by jgw - 04/26/21 07:46 PM
Indifference
by TatumAH - 04/25/21 12:52 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,091,543 my own book page
4,366,640 We shall overcome
3,270,261 Campaign 2016
3,049,710 Trump's Trumpet
2,368,756 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
In past decades many of us have wondered why Hitler was so effective in spite of many who could see where he was heading. Why didst more sane people oppose his rise? Now I feel that we are in a situation where we should be doing more, but what to do other than encourage criminal prosecution of the entire, he who was before, crime family with RICO laws and confiscating ill gotten assets. I will stipulate the early evocation of Godwin's law as reductio ad Hitlerum is now moot!
TAT

Quote:
Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies,[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1".[2][3] That is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread ends.

Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] He stated that he introduced Godwin's law in 1990 as an experiment in memetics.[2] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[5][6] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit
L
veteran
veteran
L
Here is a little Youtube (I love the picture) about an idea called “waking sleep” - might be an explanation for mass delusion.

The narrator may induce you into a state of sleeping sleep, if you are not on guard - fair warning...

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.”
– R. Buckminster Fuller
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted By: logtroll
I’m still compulsed to wonder what those wacko Capitol Building rioters thought would happen next, after they “took” the building?

I don’t know what the morons in the cop killing MAGA mob thought would happen, but I’m pretty sure the Orange One was hoping for a couple of deaths (preferably Pelosi and Pence among them) whereupon he’d declare martial law and take complete control of the government “until we can figure this all out”; which, of course, would take at least as long as it took to figure out whatever it was we were supposed to figure out while the Muslim ban was in effect.

How eager they are to be slaves - Tiberius Caesar

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:
Hawley's voters may support him, but they are not judges or juries.

As far as I know he has committed no crimes.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
journeyman
journeyman
Well, France has just proven again that a Democracy can prosecute and convict a past president and survive the process.

Former French president Sarkozy sentenced to jail from MSNBC. Now why con't we?

Vote 2022!

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
You are right - no problem in raising your fist - UNLESS you are encouraging a bunch of traitors. Then, perhaps, there is a little problem?

The people who voted for him either don't understand that he is a traitor or they need to be educated?

veteran
veteran
As I pointed out earlier, it does not matter a bit how his constituents feel about his actions, until 2022 when they vote again. What matters is how the AG of the US, federal prosecutors, and possibly jurors in a DC federal grand jury feel. And I kind of doubt any of those are big Hawley fans.

And Trump has not been "acquitted" for any crime. Impeachment is a political matter: You can be convicted or not convicted. But that has no bearing on a later criminal prosecution. The constitution is very specific about that. Even Mitch McConnell suggested that a criminal proceeding was appropriate for Trump. In a criminal court, he can be convicted or acquitted. That hasn't happened yet.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: jgw
You are right - no problem in raising your fist - UNLESS you are encouraging a bunch of traitors. Then, perhaps, there is a little problem?

The people who voted for him either don't understand that he is a traitor or they need to be educated?

Shall we send them off to re-education camps? Gulag them until they learn the error of their ways? Exterminate them if they refuse to comply?

Are they traitors or are they patriots? Terrorists or freedom fighters?

Republicans see this through an entirely different filter and they still control half the government so your chances of locking anybody up for anything are fairly slim.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
There is no statue which covers what he did as a crime. What he did was to support, condone, encourage statements which had no basis in factual validity. Had he reviewed all the real evidence (recounts & audits, and court cases) he would have concluded, had he been objective and honest, with just a smidgen of integrity, he would have told all those Trump supporters he had found no evidence to support their belief the election was stolen. Because he did not, he is part and parcel of their delusion and actually promoted the march to the Capitol.

That is his "crime".

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
veteran
veteran
Quote:
I’m still compulsed to wonder what those wacko Capitol Building rioters thought would happen next, after they “took” the building?

LOL

Let me answer that with a freebie.

The expectation was Mr Trump would emerge from a cloud on high, riding down the golden escalator, and proclaim himself as not only savior of America but the actual and real president, as he waved his arms to vanquish the false president and the anti-God, anti-Trump baby eating, Democrat minions of Satan. And the songs will ring throughout the land ... for his has arisen

Praise the Lord ... praise Trump

Why would you expect something different from cult members???

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 45 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby, Superfly
6,296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,138
Posts307,974
Members6,296
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017