Social Media
by perotista - 05/13/21 06:57 PM
Who is responsible?
by jgw - 05/13/21 06:38 PM
infrastructure report card
by jgw - 05/13/21 05:59 PM
Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election
by rporter314 - 05/13/21 05:33 PM
Does "Conservatism" have viability anymore?
by jgw - 05/12/21 06:18 PM
Vaccines, over 65, youth
by pondering_it_all - 05/12/21 06:30 AM
America First Legal
by TatumAH - 05/11/21 01:43 PM
3 word story game
by TatumAH - 05/11/21 04:31 AM
Roundtable for Spring 2021
by logtroll - 05/09/21 11:26 AM
2022 It's not too early...
by perotista - 05/08/21 08:10 PM
Wokeness
by jgw - 05/05/21 06:29 PM
ReaderRant is backonline and will not shut down again
by pondering_it_all - 05/04/21 09:41 PM
Police Problems fixed
by jgw - 05/02/21 07:11 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,107,397 my own book page
4,376,862 We shall overcome
3,289,330 Campaign 2016
3,065,143 Trump's Trumpet
2,381,485 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#333613 04/08/21 06:25 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
The United States is experiencing thousands of people trying to get into the United States along the southern border. Gov is trying to deal but is having problems for any number of reasons. I am putting up this link to south american droughts. I suspect that, instead of thousands it gonna hit hundreds of thousands and up before its all over. The question is whether we are ready for this kind of onslaught. I have friends who live down there and have been told that their situation is getting worse and worse to desperate. Mexico is going to get huge numbers from latin America but they too are getting hit with drought and, surprise, so is the United States moving in that direction.

I am concerned about all of this as I don't think we are even vaguely ready to deal with hundreds of thousands of starving and they ARE coming! I have also talked to friends who live down there near the border. They have told me that most of those coming are, right now, folks who are starving and have had their crops fail. Its strange, with all of this going on its actually not being mentioned by anybody right now. One would think that somebody might wake up, smell the roses, and ring the warning bells? My simple question is; "What are we going to do when hundreds of thousands try to break our southern borders?" and "Can mexico deal with the oncoming onslaught?" (and if they fail then what happens?)

This is a link to latin america:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sou...client=ubuntu&hs=Yfc&safe=active

This is a link to United States and Mexico
https://www.google.com/search?q=mexico+drought&newwindow=1&safe=active&client=ubuntu&hs=RRx&channel=fs&sxsrf=ALeKk03CTmirWqcz_CQvjEu_UUKhY6A_AQ:1617905584251&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=84Sl42F46nbcaM%252CIopg8dsmB1afCM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQ4kJYiUfQL1TOaPqp-u0tKpT45cg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiBlIT9n-_vAhVUop4KHV1mCs0Q_h0wAHoECA0QAw&biw=1600&bih=736#imgrc=84Sl42F46nbcaM

jgw #333631 04/09/21 05:10 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I don't think we are even vaguely ready to deal with hundreds of thousands of starving and they ARE coming!

I saw a headline at Huffpo this morning that we already have a backlog of 300,000 asylum seekers already in the country and in political limbo.

The way to solve the problem is to deal with it and stop using it as a political football.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
jgw #333635 04/09/21 05:42 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I have no idea what is going to happen. It would seem, right now, that United States is the land of plenty and food enough for the entirety of north and south America. I don't believe that to be the case. The United States, right now, is experiencing problems with water enough to take care of all the crops and that seems to be getting worse and worse. So, we have millions aiming their sights at coming here for rescue and there is simply no way we will be able to handle millions. So, gov is going to have to make some choices. Hopefully they will study the problem and not make it a political thing.

I know, EVERYTHING is political! NO exceptions! Pure lunacy and we gotta get it stopped. If we don't then we are going to find ourselves in a mess we will not survive.

jgw #333913 04/25/21 06:34 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I think this probably belongs in this group. Years ago there used to be a thought, philosophy, warning about world population. The thought is that human beings are a danger to the world. I think that much, at least is true. The thought was that some things happen because the world is trying to survive and so an overload of humans is not good and needs to be dealt with. The world, right now, is trying to deal with it. The results are little things like the virtually the whole of Latin America suffering drought (as is Africa, America, parts of Europe, China, and India amongst others. Then we also have a worldwide pandemic with thousands dying, every day. In addition to that are all the wars slaughters man, woman and child. One can go on about this stuff but the fact remains - humanity is in trouble on a number of fronts. Those who believe in this one also believe that we are, right now, in the midst of Mother Earth trying to fight back and a LOT of people are dying and children starving.

World population continues to grow, in spite of the fact that World Birth Rates are continuing a drop every year. (we can no long sustain our nation as our birth rate is too low. We are no longer, for instance, replacing those who die) Here is a link for this: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Here is an excerpt from the above link:
"A tremendous change occurred with the industrial revolution: whereas it had taken all of human history until around 1800 for world population to reach one billion, the second billion was achieved in only 130 years (1930), the third billion in 30 years (1960), the fourth billion in 15 years (1974), and the fifth billion in only 13 years (1987)." (I don't doubt that we have waaaay too many right now)

This used to be a popular meme (a long time ago). Don't see it much anymore but it has raised its head. Just thought I would throw this one out for your perspections.

jgw #333915 04/25/21 07:07 PM
L
veteran
veteran
L
A good analogy for humans is that we are a cancer on the natural ecosystem of the Earth, reproducing uncontrollably and without any notable use or benefit to the health of the system. We are an organism that is irrationally eating and poisoning its host.

Better liver up now - smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.”
– R. Buckminster Fuller
jgw #333916 04/25/21 07:20 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You covered that pretty thoroughly.

Birth rates are dropping and we aren't replacing the people who die.

We need the refugees.

I say we vaccinate them, take DNA samples, chip them to keep track of them, give them a card, and put them to work. There is and has always been a migrant worker population. Often when the political winds back home change for the better they take their American greenbacks and go back home.

On the bright side we could easily see deaths in the billions due to sea level rise and and the poisoning of the planet. Mother Gaia isn't fighting back. She doesn't care if we kill ourselves.

Greger #333923 04/26/21 07:38 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I remember when we used to have migrant workers. They came, did their jobs and then went back to Mexico. Then they started keeping track of workers returning to Mexico and gave them problems. After that they just decided to bring their whole families with them to work and just never went back. There used to be stories about that one but, then, it became the normal and now there are millions here that are undocumented.

Never made any sense to me.

Greger #333935 04/27/21 09:58 AM
veteran
veteran
put them to work
Between picking vegetables, making fast food, and working in elder care facilities, I think we could employ all the refugees easily. And there is all that infrastructure we want to build. They only need so many engineers to build stuff: They need a lot more guys with hammers or shovels.

God sent Trump.......because God was out of locusts.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Between picking vegetables, making fast food, and working in elder care facilities, I think we could employ all the refugees easily.

I'd send FEMA in. Set up processing centers rather than detention centers. These people need to be seen as a resource rather than a burden.

I just read that a restaurant in Orlando was offering a $500 signing bonus because he couldn't find workers.

jgw #333943 04/27/21 04:40 PM
It would seem most Americans want to see legal immigration either increased or stay the same. A Gallup poll showed 36% stay as is, 34% increased, 28% decreased. That was the answer to this question:Thinking now about immigrants -- that is, people who come from other countries to live here in the United States, in your view, should immigration be kept at its present level, increased or decreased?

Gallup continued with illegal immigration. Next, I'm going to read a list of problems facing the country. For each one, please tell me if you personally worry about this problem a great deal, a fair amount, only a little or not at all. How much do you personally worry about illegal immigration?

40% of all Americans are worried a great deal about illegal immigration, 20% a fair amount.

Then, Next, I am going to read you a list of possible threats to the vital interests of the United States in the next 10 years. For each one, please tell me if you see this as a critical threat, an important but not critical threat, or not an important threat at all. Large numbers of immigrants entering the United States illegally.

46% of all Americans say illegal immigration is a critical threat, another 35% say illegal immigration is an important threat.

As for legal immigration, to the question of On the whole, do you think immigration is a good thing or a bad thing for this country today? 77% of all Americans say it's a good thing. there's a lot more here.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1660/immigration.aspx

I would say the consensus is legal immigration is a good thing by a huge margin. Illegal immigration is a bad thing, again by huge margin.

It seems in most Americans mind, the two are totally separate.Totally different issues.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 48 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby, Superfly
6,296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,146
Posts308,044