Winning
by perotista - 11/27/21 01:55 AM
Pacific Northwest Weather
by Ken Condon - 11/27/21 01:33 AM
Denialism
by TatumAH - 11/27/21 01:18 AM
What's for dinner?
by TatumAH - 11/27/21 01:14 AM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all - 11/26/21 11:54 PM
RoundTable For Fall 2021
by pondering_it_all - 11/26/21 11:29 PM
A Musical Quiz
by TatumAH - 11/26/21 04:25 PM
Vigilantism - why isn’t it illegal?
by logtroll - 11/25/21 11:46 PM
"Mom, I think it's a boy."
by TatumAH - 11/25/21 04:37 AM
Boundaries for Facebook
by pondering_it_all - 11/25/21 04:32 AM
Republicans promise brutal revenge in 2022
by TatumAH - 11/24/21 07:18 PM
Gerrymandering
by perotista - 11/23/21 10:17 PM
You don't know beans! vs Killer Beans
by TatumAH - 11/23/21 08:37 PM
Moderna trying to ignore 1.5 billion dollar investment
by Jeffery J. Haas - 11/23/21 03:03 AM
masks and vaccinations
by pondering_it_all - 11/22/21 06:01 AM
The other side of shipping
by Mellowicious - 11/21/21 10:52 PM
Geoengineering
by TatumAH - 11/18/21 04:35 AM
National Commission to Investigate the January 6
by rporter314 - 11/18/21 04:31 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,677,365 my own book page
4,776,417 We shall overcome
3,859,937 Campaign 2016
3,522,504 Trump's Trumpet
2,785,127 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Honcho
old hand
OP Offline
Honcho
old hand
The disgraced former president's obscene remarks brought Republicans discomfort and some expressed outright anger at his attacks.

By STEVE PEOPLES
April 12, 2021

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. Trump called him “a dumb son of a bitch.” (AP Photo/Timothy D. Easley)
It was supposed to be a unifying weekend for a Republican Party at war with itself over former President Donald Trump’s divisive leadership. But Trump himself shattered two days of relative peace in his closing remarks to the GOP’s top donors when he insulted the party’s Senate leader and his wife.

Ahead of the invitation-only speech at Trump’s new home inside his Mar-a-Lago resort, the former president’s advisers said he would emphasize his commitment to his party and Republican unity.

Trump veered sharply from prepared remarks Saturday night and instead slammed Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., as a “stone-cold loser,” a “dumb son of a bitch” and mocked McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao, who was Trump’s transportation secretary.

Trump also said he was “disappointed” in his vice president, Mike Pence, according to multiple people in attendance who were not authorized to publicly discuss what was said in a private session. He said McConnell had not thanked him properly for putting Chao, who was labor secretary under President George W. Bush, in his Cabinet.

McConnell’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment Sunday.

Trump’s words left some attendees feeling uncomfortable.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich did not defend Trump as he left Palm Beach on Sunday.

“We are much better off if we keep focusing on the Democrats. Period,” Gingrich said.

REST OF THE ARTICLE

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
The GOP has a tough road ahead: Keeping the energy that propelled Trump to success inside the Republican tent while not entirely allowing the former twice impeached President who incited an insurrection attempt on January 6th to dominate the party.

While at the same time, recognizing that the American people voted to give Democrats control of both the executive and legislative branches of our government. One might logically assume that this was done because the American voter prefers the things Democrats do over the things that Republicans do.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by pdx rick
...incited an insurrection attempt on January 6th ...
In the interest of not diluting the seriousness of Trump’s unconscionable action, I just wanted to point out that attempting insurrection, is insurrection - no need for the qualifier. Just like there is no attempted extortion, the attempt is extortion. It doesn’t need to be successful.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I have believed, for some time, that anybody who has much to do with Trump gets infected, by Trump. When that happens some things happen. If one is greedy then that is increased, if they didn't lie they do now, they also learn how to take stuff to the extreme and to screw up big time. Mitch has been infected by Trump, obviously. Now he is on a path of failure, just like Trump. The final part of a Trump infection seems to always be failure!

We should actually be grateful that Trump was in charge on 1/6. Had somebody with a brain and skill could probably have won on 1/6. Instead the man in charge was Trump, who has demonstrated, throughout his life, that he is a dedicated failure with everything but the business his daddy started and that may be going down too.

Online Content
Oath keeper?

So much for the highly touted "honor"!

Looks like the head "Oath Keeper" is ratting out his co-Keepers to save his own Arse!

They used to have a name for those folks! And gave them special treatment!
Oh Yeah!
RATTFINK!

He is going to need witless protection, but he should worry that some of his ex-buddies still have high up connections in "law enforcement", that might still be able to locate him.

TAT

Jon Schaffer, a heavy metal guitarist and self-described "lifetime member" of the Oath Keepers, on Friday became the first Capitol rioter to plead guilty to charges based on his participation in the attack and has entered into a cooperation agreement with the government.

The move from Schaffer came at an unannounced proceeding before U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta on Friday morning. During a lengthy plea dialogue with Metha, Schaffer acknowledged that the deal requires him to "cooperate fully with the United States," from sitting for interviews to providing any evidence he has of known crimes. As part of the agreement, the Justice Department has offered to sponsor Schaffer for the witness protection program, Mehta noted.

Last edited by TatumAH; 04/17/21 05:31 PM.

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit
veteran
veteran
How the Hell is Witness Protection supposed to work for an entertainer? I wonder if the band was not making much money or his arthritis was getting too bad to play? If he's going to be successful with WP, he's going to have to get rid of all his guitars and stop all performances. I think he's going to have to find some other occupation.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
Online Content
Here's what the ex-speaker of the house, John Boehner had to say about Trump and his party's worship of one man instead of standing for ideals.

"Boehner said the Capitol riot was 'one of the saddest days' of his life and he would rather set himself 'on fire than run for office again"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boehner-said-capitol-riot-one-153410139.html

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
he would rather set himself 'on fire than run for office again"

Funny coincidence...

I would also rather he set himself on fire than run for office again.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Online Content
I think Boehner wanted to work with Obama although he wasn't allowed by the young, angry Turks of the GOP who became Trumpers. That was the reason he was fired in my opinion.

Boehner would have made a good speaker in a previous era, again in my opinion which means nothing since he wasn't a speaker in a previous political era but one in today's modern political era of polarization, the great divide and mega, ultra high partisanship, he didn't belong.

I doubt if a Tip O'Neal or a Tom Foley or any other speaker before them could survive in today's modern political era.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I doubt if a Tip O'Neal or a Tom Foley or any other speaker before them could survive in today's modern political era.

And yet Pelosi survives.

Boehner was unable to control his caucus and chose to appease the uncontrollables rather than coral them as a useful force.

He could have been remembered as a great speaker..but he wasn't and won't be remembered that way.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 42 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SuZQ2, KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby
6,297 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,250
Posts312,714