Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
A Question of Culture
by logtroll - 10/21/21 10:11 AM
Carbon Sequestration
by Jeffery J. Haas - 10/21/21 03:47 AM
RoundTable For Fall 2021
by pdx rick - 10/21/21 03:46 AM
Winning
by TatumAH - 10/21/21 02:59 AM
Where did this car thing start?
by jgw - 10/20/21 05:14 PM
Mountain Meadows Massacre
by Mellowicious - 10/20/21 02:41 AM
Divorce: American Style
by pdx rick - 10/20/21 01:04 AM
Who killed General Colin Powell?
by Ujest Shurly - 10/19/21 10:42 AM
Gerrymandering
by perotista - 10/19/21 12:19 AM
A Musical Quiz
by TatumAH - 10/18/21 09:01 PM
What about the latest Catholic Church fiasco in France?
by pondering_it_all - 10/18/21 08:35 PM
What % of humanity is batsh!t crazy?
by pondering_it_all - 10/18/21 08:33 PM
Southwest, American among Texas businesses defying governor
by pondering_it_all - 10/18/21 08:24 PM
Mobile sign-in issues
by pdx rick - 10/18/21 03:20 AM
Biden Administration Threads not in Current Topics
by Jeffery J. Haas - 10/18/21 03:10 AM
Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election
by rporter314 - 10/16/21 05:23 PM
opening schools
by Greger - 10/12/21 12:33 PM
Lyrics
by pondering_it_all - 10/10/21 09:04 PM
Miss Navaho Nation
by logtroll - 10/10/21 02:53 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,586,085 my own book page
4,724,744 We shall overcome
3,770,540 Campaign 2016
3,450,723 Trump's Trumpet
2,717,883 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
But at the same time, if those protestors feel their life is threatened they can "stand their ground" and shoot the oncoming driver.

Actually, I would suggest all protestors carry bowling balls as they march. Anybody hits them, the bowling ball kills the driver.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I think your thought is about the laws that let people who run over marchers. I would be amazed if those were allowed to stand. If they do then its the beginning of really bad stuff. I can't even imagine what would be next. Perhaps having shooting contests amongst the non-marchers with the marchers as targets. On reflections how about car games like "Who can run over the most marchers" or a little game of "war" on the part of non-marchers. The TV folks would LOVE to cover such and the American public would watch with interest as well!

veteran
veteran
This is so ridiculous it's actually funny:

Vaccinated Teachers Dangerous!

A private K-8 school in Florida (of course) has sent out a missive to all parents and staff that vaccinated teachers will not be permitted to have any student contact, and may be terminated. The co-founder believes some crazy conspiracy theory that vaccinated people can pass "something" to the unvaccinated, and damage their fertility.

She actually has that backwards: The UNVACCINATED can pass something to the students that can damage their hearts, lungs, brains, and other organs, or kill them. Surprise! It's the SARS-COV2 virus. Which is thousands of times more dangerous than any vaccine.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I watched that thing on TV last night. I just tried to find the letters the school sent out but they have gone away as they were wonderful! They managed get a about 14 things wrong in each letter sent! They are one of them 'special' schools for folks that can spend 30,000.00 a year to send their children there. Its pretty amazing. I forget how many kids they have but there were quite a few. What this means, to me, is that there is a rich kids school that, apparently, is teaching its students flat out lies and, on top of that, the parents of these poor kids are either incredibly ignorant, or know better but having your kid being lied to is better than them schools for the poor folks.

This is actually kinda good. Most of the time them rich kid's schools have the best administrators, teachers, etc. and give the rich kids a step ahead of everybody else. In this case the opposite is happening. I can only imagine what happens when the products of that school move on and find they have flat out been lied to!

Large scale, very public, pure loonacy! Great entertainment! Given all the publicity I wonder what the school will do when somebody gets to them with the facts. I doubt, very much, as that young girl who is in charge of the school will keep her job but, then, she probably will - these people are, uh, well, you know...........

veteran
veteran
I'm seeing publications expressing doubt we will reach herd immunity in the US because of vaccine-resistance.

This is actually not true in the big picture: We will reach herd immunity when almost everybody is either infected or vaccinated. When people are either infected or vaccinated that usually activates their T-cells against up to 52 different segments of the spike protein. This is why vaccinated people do not get seriously ill from the variants. It would require many many mutations to let a variant escape those T-cells. When the T-cells do react against a variant, the immune system makes antibodies that are specific toward that variant!

About a third of people in the US have yet to be infected or vaccinated. Around 100 million people. If those people get infected with a more lethal variant, many will die. It's their choice. Covid-19 will never die out completely, because it's in the wild animal population all over the world. Even if symptomatic infection becomes rare, it's still going to infect the unprotected, like rabies or hantavirus. The only way to defeat it is to get vaccinated.

The good news is that one completed vaccination (1 or 2) is likely to protect almost everybody from serious illness for decades. The other good news is we can probably come up with mRNA vaccines for ebola and the other related viruses.

veteran
veteran
I think the concerted effort of Big Pharma, WHO, the FDA, etc. to spread disinformation about ivermectin is about to collapse: First it was just various foreigners claiming it worked against Covid-19. Then Dr. Paul Marik at East Virginia Medical School published a protocol they were using with great success, Then the Front Line Covid Critical Care Alliance started up with their promotion of the EVMS protocol with Dr. Kory testifying before a Senate committee (removed by YouTube!). Then Dr. Bean and Dr. John Campbell, two of the most prolific YouTube and social media posters both interviewed Dr. Kory about all the outrageous behavior of WHO, the FDA, and the journals ignoring a pile of random controlled drug trials in which ivermectin was far far more effective than remdesivir. Now Dr. John Campbell had a YouTube video about a study in India that found two doses of ivermectin protected health care workers at 83% efficacy compared to the non-ivermectin group in preventing Covid infections. He also showed the censorship he gets from Facebook whenever he features papers about ivermectin.

The problem for the people who want ivermectin to go away, is that Dr. John Campbell is one of the most popular YouTube channels, and other social media channels on Covid information in the world! It's getting obvious that there is some hidden agenda here, akin to the CDC telling us not to wear masks at the start of the pandemic.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I'm fully vaxxed on May 9, 2021 - two weeks after my last jab on 04/24/21. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

veteran
veteran
>fully vaxxed

Party like it's 2020!

veteran
veteran
This is worth watching:

Micfhael Lewis Interview

Katie Couric interviewing Michael Lewis about his book on the pandemic, and the experts who actually knew what was going on and what we should have done. And why we didn't...

He agrees with a lot of the crap I have posted about: Like doing nothing until your year-long random blind drug trial is completed , ignoring stuff doctors actually caring for patients say works.

veteran
veteran
Dr. John Campbell reports from the UK that the VAST majority of Covid patients now in the hospital qualified for a vaccination, but refused to take it. He also says the India strain is well on it's way to become the dominant strain in England, apparently spreading better than the previous Variant of Concern the Kent variant. Both variants are in the US.

Some good news: He says the researchers at Oxford have lab evidence the vaccines work against the India variant. So the bottom line: Get vaccinated as soon as you can. Worse variants are coming, or are already here.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SuZQ2, KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby
6,297 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,218
Posts311,297