Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Lies and the Law
by pondering_it_all - 07/29/21 11:42 PM
California Drought, Grapes of Wrath in Reverse?
by pondering_it_all - 07/29/21 11:31 PM
Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching
by pondering_it_all - 07/29/21 11:17 PM
The Disintegration of Trumpism
by logtroll - 07/29/21 06:16 PM
Summertime Roundtable
by logtroll - 07/29/21 06:10 PM
Vaccines, over 65, youth
by Jeffery J. Haas - 07/29/21 11:04 AM
Arizona Audit/Recount 2020 election
by pondering_it_all - 07/27/21 11:54 PM
Roundtable for Spring 2021
by Jeffery J. Haas - 07/26/21 12:18 PM
cdc report
by pondering_it_all - 07/23/21 08:47 PM
lamda variant
by Jeffery J. Haas - 07/23/21 04:15 PM
Haiti - little problem
by Greger - 07/21/21 05:39 PM
Hyperinflation, debt, and the survival of nations
by pondering_it_all - 07/12/21 08:26 PM
National Commission to Investigate the January 6
by perotista - 07/03/21 04:10 PM
Say no to bipartisanship
by perotista - 07/02/21 12:32 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,378,312 my own book page
4,582,015 We shall overcome
3,565,974 Campaign 2016
3,286,980 Trump's Trumpet
2,570,356 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Wired article about the air pollution experts, epidemiologists, and physicists who were worried about airborne spread right from the beginning:

60 year old Scientific Screwup

WHO and CDC (and thus everybody else) claimed the larger particle size of droplets meant you just needed to stay 6 feet away and you would be safe. But that's based on 60 year old mainstream thoughts on TB spread. Very early on some people thought TB could also spread via sub-5 micron particles that can float on air for hours in enclosed spaces with poor ventilation. Took decades, but the medical establishment came around. That's why we have isolation positive pressure wards for TB patients. CDC and WHO based their recommendations on that 60 year old TB data, without looking at the latest correction (ie 1950!). So just lately they have announced that you can catch it inside, just by breathing air from active spreaders even if you are quite some distance away.

But we already knew this from contact tracing reports about a wedding where the bride and groom table all caught it, adjacent tables caught it less, and the next tables over caught very little. All tables were at least 6 feet apart.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
veteran
veteran
FDA is doing something stupid again: They say nobody should check their antibody titres after vaccination because some of the available antibody tests check for nucleocapsid antibodies, and you only develop them if you had the virus. The mRNA vaccines are both against spike protein, so those will give you a negative nucleocapsid antibody test despite being vaccinated.

But both nucleocapsid and spike antibody tests are available. I remember when the nucleocapsid test came out and doctors were so happy they could tell the difference between infection immunity and vaccine immunity. And I just read a story about an immunosuppressed transplant surgeon with a heart transplant, who checked his antibody level (presumably with a spike antibody test) after two mRNA vaccines and found he had a minimal response. He got a third vaccination with J&J and then tested as immunized.

So just because such testing would require a brain cell or two to get the right test, FDA goes for the least common denominator and figures we are all morons, so we should avoid proper medicine because we might get confused.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
veteran
veteran
Since I was so immuno-compromised by my MS drug back in 2019, my neurologist told me to stop taking it or I might die. I got my two Moderna vaccines finishing the second about three months ago, so I thought it prudent to check and see if my immune system had recovered enough for the vaccines to be effective. I asked my GP doc to order tests for Covid antibodies and a detailed test of my lymphocytes. My lymphocyte test came back and said my CD4 T-cells were still about 25% lower than the low end of the normal range. More worrying, my Covid antibody test came back negative.

There are two Covid antibody tests: The nucleocapsid antibody test will only give you positive results if you had the virus. The spike test will give you positive results if you had the virus or had a vaccine. So I asked my doc if that was a nucleocapsid test. He replied (a few days later) that he didn't know, but it was strange and he could get me a third vaccination. I then asked his staff to call their lab and ask them. A few days later they said the lab told them "There is no way to know.", which is obviously BS.

So rather than screw around with them, I went to Quest Diagnostics and got my own spike antibody test for $75. Two days later I had my results: I had such a high level of Covid spike antibodies it was over 20 times what they would report as a positive response!

I let my doc know their test was nucleocapsid and if he had any immunocompromised patients who wanted to check their vaccine response, the Quest test was quite reasonable. He just sent me a note saying he just found that out talking with another physician, and sorry for the confusion. Dr. Griffon on TWIV noted the other day that the FDA is still recommending nobody test their vaccine response, but he also said a lot of doctors are ignoring that!

Last edited by pondering_it_all; 06/12/21 02:46 AM.

J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I tried to get a test to see if my vaccine worked and failed. Nobody up here, it seems, will do that without a doctor telling them to. Seems to be a secret. I have no problems, just wanted to know and I guess I just surrendered.

So far, however, I don't have covid (If I get it I die!)

veteran
veteran
You might try:

Olympic Personal Growth Center
390 E Cedar St, Sequim, WA 98382 360-681-8463

Ask them if they draw blood for a Quest spike antibody test. Quest has their own doctors that are included in the price (<$80).
If they won't do it, you can look at the Quest Diagnostics website. There are several others but they are a longer distance away.

veteran
veteran
I read a very good article today: SARS-COV2 is not going anywhere. It has too many wild animal and pet reservoirs, not to mention all the asymptomatic carriers walking around with it. Even people vaccinated can catch it and walk around with no symptoms, but still spread it. So everybody in the US (indeed in the world) is going to get immunized, one way or another. The safe way is with a tested and authorized vaccine that kills less than 2 per million people. (At worst, and maybe actually zero.) The other way is by the worst vaccine ever, that kills about 20,000 per million of the people who get it. It's 1000s of times more dangerous than any man-made vaccine, and besides killing >600,000 people in the US so far, it maims a lot more people and leaves them sick for months. It is the virus itself.

You will get one of these, if you have not already. Which one is up to you.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yeah, but you'll get chipped and magnetized so you can be traced by the government if you let them put that fake vaccine in your arm!

Problem is, you can't fix stupid. And not enough of them will die to effect a Darwinist solution.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Greger
Problem is, you can't fix stupid. And not enough of them will die to effect a Darwinist solution.
That right there is the root of the problem with Darwinism. It don't have a useful application to humans.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.”
– R. Buckminster Fuller
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Darwin works far too slowly...

Perhaps if we paid him a living wage...?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
not enough of them will die to effect a Darwinist solution

We actually don't know that yet. Anti-vaxxers are all highly concerned about the [imagined] long-term effects of vaccination, but the long-term effects of infection are very likely far more serious. Immediately, we see a LOT of long-haulers, a number of kids with MISC, and who knows what heart damage and lung scarring is going to do a lot of virus victims. Doctors at Ohio State University found signs of cardiomyopathy in about 40% of student athletes who had recovered from asymptomatic or mild cases. That can't be good! And they were all young and very healthy to begin with! What that does to the average WalMart shopper is not going to be pretty. Practically, it means a lot of Trump supporters can expect a curtailed life expectancy. I would not be surprised if we see an asbestos-like chronic post-covid continuing health expenditure in the trillions for decades.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 43 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby, Superfly
6,296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,164
Posts308,779
Members6,296
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017