Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Le Shrooms
by pdx rick - 10/23/21 09:21 PM
Winning
by pdx rick - 10/23/21 09:12 PM
RoundTable For Fall 2021
by pdx rick - 10/23/21 09:11 PM
Why and How can they?
by TatumAH - 10/23/21 06:41 PM
Bureaucracy
by perotista - 10/23/21 06:29 PM
A Fungus Amungus
by Ken Condon - 10/23/21 05:19 PM
The GOP, goop, and political Pop-tarts
by pdx rick - 10/23/21 03:12 PM
REWARD: Vote Fraud
by pdx rick - 10/23/21 03:09 PM
Carbon Sequestration
by pondering_it_all - 10/23/21 07:28 AM
What % of humanity is batsh!t crazy?
by TatumAH - 10/23/21 02:49 AM
A Question of Culture
by TatumAH - 10/23/21 02:43 AM
3 word story game
by TatumAH - 10/23/21 01:26 AM
Where did this car thing start?
by jgw - 10/20/21 05:14 PM
Mountain Meadows Massacre
by Mellowicious - 10/20/21 02:41 AM
Divorce: American Style
by pdx rick - 10/20/21 01:04 AM
Who killed General Colin Powell?
by Ujest Shurly - 10/19/21 10:42 AM
Gerrymandering
by perotista - 10/19/21 12:19 AM
A Musical Quiz
by TatumAH - 10/18/21 09:01 PM
What about the latest Catholic Church fiasco in France?
by pondering_it_all - 10/18/21 08:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,590,647 my own book page
4,728,821 We shall overcome
3,774,766 Campaign 2016
3,453,049 Trump's Trumpet
2,719,994 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
folks just getting tired of being told what is best for them by others.They want to decide for themselves.
Gee .... half the people hate almost every bill passed, which means half the people in the country should rebel because they are offended by the ones who pass laws.

Makes sense to me ... in an alternate universe which is not America

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
veteran
veteran
I think if the GOP is going to have any success in the 2022 midterms, they must get beyond Trump
I think that is the high priced opinion of the smart money.

My low priced opinion from deep in Trump country is, all the folks who type like that are delusional. Consider, every Republican, except the brave ones with objective integrity, realize Trump is the glue which brings all those people together. And, not only that, but he brings along Republicans who are fearful of losing America to the Democrats. And, now with more restrictive voting laws in place for 2022, there is a more than even chance the slim margins of 2020 will be wiped out for Democrats and we will see a Republican House takeover ... with more crazies .... . They will stop all investigations into Trump, insurrection, and related criminal activities. They will begin investigations into Obama and Clinton (I am being hyperbolic to make a point) and all other Democrats and Republicans who measure on the anti-Trump meter.

These guys are not interested in governing. They are however interested, whether they know or realize it or not, they will be trying to destroy the America we know and replace with a fascist government based on stupidity.

It doesn't matter how many independents don't like Trump. If they don't or can't vote .... you should be able to figure out the rest of that sentence.

ignorance is the enemy
Online Content
Anger drives independents, the non-affiliated swing voters to the polls. We've seen that anger manifest itself in 1994, 2006, 2010 and 2018. Anger for different reasons and about different things. Those were all wave elections which changed control of the House of Representatives. The one thing all four wave elections have in common is independents, the non-affiliated were angry at the party in power for many varied reasons.

When not angry, independents tend to side with the party in power. Things and life are going fairly good, so they'll stay with whoever, whichever party is in power.

Trump, independents dislike of him in my opinion is the glue that has kept a slight majority of independents siding with the Democrats so far in Biden's first term. Which I think we can see with the numbers below.

Independents on Biden’s overall job performance as of 29 Jun 2021 54% approval/42% disapproval.
On the economy 47% approval/ 45% disapproval (2)
On immigration 38% approve/54% disapprove (4)
Foreign policy 46% approve/44% disapprove (8)
Climate change 43% approve/40% disapprove (3)
Education 38% approve/40% disapprove (6)
Healthcare 50% approve/36% disapprove (1)
Civil rights 42% approve/40% disapprove (5)
Crime 36% approve/46% disapprove (7)

Nothing will add up to 100% because of the Don't know/no opinion answers. The number in parentheses are the issues rank in importance to independents. Looking at those numbers, one has to wonder how Biden’s overall job performance among independents is higher than his performance on any one issue? That is probably the Trump factor. The dislike of Trump factor.

One last thing when it comes to independents: Their Favorability of Congressional Political Parties — Favorability of Congressional political parties –
House Democrats 31% favorable/58% unfavorable
House republicans 29% favorable/61% unfavorable
Senate Democrats 28% favorable/59% unfavorable
Senate Republicans 29% favorable/60% unfavorable

It seems independents hold Biden in very high regards, so far anyway. But when it comes to congressional parties, it’s a pox on both of them. If you want to know how independents still view Trump, he’s at 38% favorable/56% unfavorable compared to Biden’s 54% favorable/ 44% unfavorable.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
and yet, none of the polling says anything about the title of the thread i.e. disintegration of Trumpism.

Just read the comments of a blurb about Trump making {{{{{BIGGLY}}}}} announcement on 1st amendment rights. These folks type as if everyone sees the truth and validity of what they say. Here is a news flash .... no Trump supporter cares what anyone who is anti-Trump says. It is pure delusion for people, including pundits of any persuasion, to say anything as if everyone gets it.

Some 50M people believe the election was stolen. A big % of those believe Trump is still the actual real president who is simply not living in the WH. Folks we have delusional people on both sides who would pay $18k for an imaginary sculpture, and talk about what a fine piece it is.

P ... none of the polling reflects that delusion. We live in dangerous times for our Democracy.

News flash .... sovereign citizens in stand-off in MA. The crazies are everywhere and Trump exacerbated the situation.

ignorance is the enemy
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
When fraudulent schemes come to light,
Then Trump’s CFO they indict.
They want him to flip,
Abandon Trump’s ship --
And this is poor Weisselberg’s plight.

-Marion Wolf, Bergenfield, New Jersey

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
He won't flip.

He started out a book keeper for Fred Trump.

His loyalty is without question and he will go to jail.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's not a very good limerick... LOL

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I have suggested this one before. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjbnMP5hc_xAhWCtJ4KHSbcCj8QFjAAegQIChAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.predictit.org%2F&usg=AOvVaw36Wm3zLYpPB-hL8iJvMcE-

At the above link you can bet on virtually ALL political questions. You also don't have to spend a whole lot while you do you (10 cents can be the bet!) If you can't find what you want to bet on you can tell them and they will put it up. So, if anybody really thinks they have the answer they should go here and give it a try - you might even get rich! I did and spent a whole ten bucks and lost it all. It took me a couple of months but I managed it. It was also educational and taught me that I really have no clue. In my younger, and richer days, I used to really gamble and rarely won a dime but it took me years to figure out that one (slow learner).

Oh, the interesting thing is that this site still, I think, is owned by a university in New Zealand! (always thought that was kinda interesting as well)

veteran
veteran
Weisselberg may be willing to spend the rest of his life in prison for Donnie, but I bet Ivanka is not. Unreported income and the employee+consultant scheme she did are some of Weisselberg's charges. If they indict him for those, there is no reason at all not to indict Ivanka. Then I think there is such a pattern of criminality and coverup, involving so many people, it is a perfect RICO prosecution.

A RICO prosecution tends to be very broad, charging everybody involved. That could include everybody who spoke on that platform on January 6th, Rudy, everybody who did criminal stuff during the Trump administration. AND confiscate all money that came from criminal activities, including all the money Trump paid his own businesses, money foreign governments paid in violation of emolument laws, money collected by fraudulent Trump grifts, etc. They could also charge members of congress who assisted insurrectionists.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
AND he won't be running in 2024 if that happens.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (TatumAH), 32 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SuZQ2, KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby
6,297 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,223
Posts311,451
Members6,297
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017