Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
RoundTable For Fall 2021
by Ken Condon - 09/27/21 12:50 AM
Winning
by perotista - 09/27/21 12:29 AM
Critters, animal/vegetable, and their place
by Mellowicious - 09/27/21 12:28 AM
Gerrymandering
by perotista - 09/27/21 12:24 AM
Vaccine Refusers Don’t Get to Dictate Terms Anymore
by pondering_it_all - 09/26/21 10:22 PM
A Musical Quiz
by olyve - 09/26/21 06:58 PM
Did I hear that right?
by Mellowicious - 09/26/21 05:34 PM
What % of humanity is batsh!t crazy?
by perotista - 09/26/21 12:28 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all - 09/25/21 09:47 PM
Summertime Roundtable
by pondering_it_all - 09/24/21 10:42 PM
New Texas law
by Greger - 09/22/21 10:12 PM
Afghanistan
by pdx rick - 09/20/21 07:59 PM
25,000 Employees sue Disneyland for better pay
by Greger - 09/20/21 04:46 PM
Masks, after vaxx, after delta
by pondering_it_all - 09/18/21 11:54 PM
The Lawlessness is the Point
by pondering_it_all - 09/18/21 11:32 PM
CRISIS ALERT!!
by logtroll - 09/13/21 01:10 PM
How did Common Sense Die?
by logtroll - 09/13/21 12:45 PM
World Travel via GeoGuessr
by pdx rick - 09/12/21 09:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,522,917 my own book page
4,687,176 We shall overcome
3,707,395 Campaign 2016
3,399,402 Trump's Trumpet
2,676,719 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
"why are the Trumpsters determined to kill off their own citizens AND their children?"

---Two reasons:

1. They still think that the virus is a weapon that they can control. They still don't get that they're playing the ED 209 scene from Robocop.

2. Since it's clear that they think this "weapon" can be controlled, killing off some of their people is worth it if they can point and accuse Biden of not beating the virus.

ED 209 and the virus happen to think otherwise.

They clapped for death at CPAC

"Jesus H. Christ...
Put any other common-sense measure in place of vaccination. Pretend this guy is up there boasting about how many more people are disregarding drunk-driving laws these days, and think about what that applause would mean. Celebrating low vaccination rates is actually worse, more selfish and less responsible; drunk drivers kill people, but they don't spread their high BAC level to the other drivers on the road and send them off to kill more people."

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
veteran
veteran
Ample evidence keeps slapping me in the face, at an ever increasing pace, that people are crazy… all of us people.

The crazy is not all equal, in style or degree (thank Dog!), but we’ve all got a dose of it.

Could it be that mental illness, or ‘personality disorders’, are the Original Sin that we are all born with?

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Carpal Tunnel
Online Content
Carpal Tunnel
Speak for yourself, Kemosabe! I am, unfortunately, all too sane.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
There's an exception to every fool rool... just sayin'.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Oh, the state that seems to be banning ALL vaccines (covid, flu, whooping cough, etc) was Tennessee. One of my main wonderings is why in the world the Dems haven't called out the Trumpers as the party of death, or even the party of teen ager death (might encourage them to get vaccinated, with, or without their parents). Apparently a couple did just that which started it all in Tennessee.

Given the simple fact that those getting infected, right now, are them that have not been vaccinated (at least the vast majority). One would think that anybody with half a brain would choose to get vaccinated.

Oh, now they have a new Covid variant called Delta Plus. They are currently testing it to see if those already vaccinated still have immunity. Sounds like those of us vaccinated should probably plan on a boost. This will, of course, continue until the anti-vaxxers are either dead or converted so everybody can get immunity. (I am not holding my breath on that one as they are much more interested in beating the evil non-Trumpers than dying for him).

My vaccine was Moderna. Here is what they have to say about a booster:
\https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/moderna-co-founder-says-covid-19-booster-shots-will-almost-certainly-be-needed-1.5501545

veteran
veteran
Well, duh! Of course the vaccine companies say we will need boosters. That's their business model! But the professional virologists say we probably won't. The current vaccines all give you T and B-cell immunity against every variant they have seen. Antibodies from those vaccines keep any new variant from reproducing much, so victims have time for their memory T and B-cells to start cranking antibodies out against the new variant. This is why vaccinated or immune people who get infected with a new variant hardly ever get seriously ill. Their new antibodies are specific against the new variant. So every new variant that comes along IS the booster. Once everybody is either infected or vaccinated, SARS-COV2 will just be a seasonal cold virus like the four other corona viruses circulating as common colds.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
You are probably right (you seem to really know about this stuff). On the other hand the plus version of covid has a lot of folks stirred up. My real problem is the anti-vaxxers. The longer we have a serious group of those this thing is going to continue to change and the changes always seem to be more dangerous.

By the way, how is covid doing down there around San Diego. My wife is dragging me down there next week. We have both had our shots and should be OK?

veteran
veteran
We keep on going from grey to yellow to orange and back, whatever that means. Different communities have different case loads that correlate perfectly to their vaccination rate. Some communities have a lot of pretty rich people who mostly got vaccinated, but some places like Chula Vista with it's large Hispanic population are quite safe because they went door to door and had a lot of vaccination clinics in the churches. You can study the situation by searching for the county covid information sites. It's all there.

I am careful about who I listen to. Lots of BS flying around out there presented by totally unqualified people. And that includes MDs, who should know better! I think the government agencies are encouraging all the delta variant scare tactics to get more people vaccinated. Good intention, but not true. No variant is "more contagious". Delta is spreading faster because people think the pandemic is over and they are taking greater risks. If you mask up when inside with other people, keep your distance, wash your hands, don't touch your face, you should be fine. You are vaccinated, so even if you did catch it, that would be a head cold for a few days.

As for the antivaxxers, they have a lot more to fear from us, then us from them. We just get head colds or nothing at all if we catch it. They can get dead, or Long Covid. I would feel sorry for them, if they were not so joyously ignorant. But what are you going to do? If they want to risk their lives for incredibly stupid reasons, that's their right.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
We keep on going from grey to yellow to orange and back, whatever that means. Different communities have different case loads that correlate perfectly to their vaccination rate.

We should have begun using sewage tracking of COVID viral material back in March 2020 and it should be an all hands on deck effort now.
Tracking virus media in sewage would allow us to track local hotspots with near surgical accuracy.
So why the Hell aren't we doing that?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
veteran
veteran
Because Public Health (or anything that contributes to it) is a Librul Conspiracy. First they tell us to wear masks and get vaccinated so we don't die, next they'll be coming for our Guns and Bibles. Well, we'll show them. Can't get our Guns and Bibles if we burn down the house and all go to Heaven.

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 45 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SuZQ2, KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby
6,297 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,196
Posts310,282
Members6,297
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017