Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Round Table Winter 2021
by Mellowicious - 01/18/22 06:10 AM
Gerrymandering
by perotista - 01/18/22 04:01 AM
The long and winding road to Dumbass
by pondering_it_all - 01/18/22 03:08 AM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all - 01/18/22 02:31 AM
Texas hostages
by pdx rick - 01/18/22 02:10 AM
Winning
by perotista - 01/17/22 08:21 PM
National Commission to Investigate the January 6
by pondering_it_all - 01/16/22 12:02 PM
Lindsey v. Mitch: Senate cage match
by logtroll - 01/15/22 05:11 AM
Don't look up
by jgw - 01/14/22 10:42 PM
Complexity Science
by Jeffery J. Haas - 01/12/22 06:34 PM
What's for dinner?
by pondering_it_all - 01/02/22 09:37 PM
RoundTable For Fall 2021
by Mellowicious - 01/02/22 04:21 AM
Divorce: American Style
by pdx rick - 12/31/21 01:56 AM
Gimme some of that good ol time religion
by pondering_it_all - 12/23/21 08:19 PM
F.D.A. Will Permanently Allow Abortion Pills by Mail
by Mellowicious - 12/22/21 09:03 PM
Joe Manchin thread
by perotista - 12/22/21 08:33 PM
A Fungus Amungus
by logtroll - 12/22/21 01:00 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,785,097 my own book page
4,858,865 We shall overcome
3,973,649 Campaign 2016
3,617,124 Trump's Trumpet
2,871,485 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 42 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 41 42
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by logtroll
Originally Posted by olyve
My day name is Melanie.
What do you do at night that you need a different name?
I'll certainly never tell on a public board, Loggy.
wink

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hey kids,

Just checking in before I go get anxious in an MRI machine. I have severe claustrophobia. The Ortho is pretty sure a I tore a meniscus in my left knee, but the MRI is to confirm and isolate it. Then I get a consultation with a surgeon. I figure it can only be bad news: Either 1) surgery (there is no medical condition surgery can't make worse), or 2) nothing they can do, and I'll have to live with the pain. But, walking is kinda important.

Rick, how is the commute coming along? I love that ferry ride, myself. Seen any whales, yet?

I, too, have a day name. Jon. My wife says she has always made sure her lovers were named John, so she wouldn't make a mistake. I always thought it was a professional thing...

Speaking of professional things, I started a thread on Amy Coney Barrett who claims that she's really not a partisan hack...

Off to get ready. wink

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Oh, did anyone else watch football yesterday? Some good games, especially Seahawks. Two of the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen, and one of the best stiff arms. Look it up, it's worth it. NFC West all tied up ... all four teams won decisively.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Hey kids,

Just checking in before I go get anxious in an MRI machine. I have severe claustrophobia.

Oh, Jon, that’s rough. I have the reverse of claustrophobia, and the MRIs I had in earlysummer were oddly comforting. I hope your go well.

Bad knees are a b*tch.

Julia
“It’s the shipwreck that leads you to the magical island.”
(Trevor Noah)
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
Hey kids,

Just checking in before I go get anxious in an MRI machine. I have severe claustrophobia.

Oh, Jon, that’s rough. I have the reverse of claustrophobia, and the MRIs I had in earlysummer were oddly comforting. I hope your go well.

Bad knees are a b*tch.
Thanks, and yes they are.

veteran
veteran
Hey kids,

Just checking in before I go get anxious in an MRI machine. I have severe claustrophobia. The Ortho is pretty sure a I tore a meniscus in my left knee, but the MRI is to confirm and isolate it. Then I get a consultation with a surgeon. I figure it can only be bad news: Either 1) surgery (there is no medical condition surgery can't make worse), or 2) nothing they can do, and I'll have to live with the pain. But, walking is kinda important.

Rick, how is the commute coming along? I love that ferry ride, myself. Seen any whales, yet?

I, too, have a day name. Jon. My wife says she has always made sure her lovers were named John, so she wouldn't make a mistake. I always thought it was a professional thing...

Speaking of professional things, I started a thread on Amy Coney Barrett who claims that she's really not a partisan hack...

Off to get ready. wink

I truly feel your pain, Jon. I too am extremely claustrophobic and anxious about all things medical in general. They gave me two Xanax and put a towel over my face when I got one a couple of months ago (scoliosis finally biting me in the butt, literally, and right leg). I did well and then slept the rest of the day.
crazy woohoo what a way to go!

I hope your results are positive (as they can be). I got an injection which helped 75% but live with some pain. It's ok but not great.
Walking IS important. Something I love to do.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
veteran
veteran
Oh, did anyone else watch football yesterday? Some good games, especially Seahawks. Two of the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen, and one of the best stiff arms. Look it up, it's worth it. NFC West all tied up ... all four teams won decisively.
Yes of course. Plus hubs is watching the replay right now.

56 to 7 UGA. We're number 2!

I'm a fake though. I'm only a fair weather fan. That one was fun though. I felt sorry for the other team.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Speaking of Donald and his ill-treatment of the ladies, I wonder how E Jean Carroll's lawsuit is coming along? So I Googled it, and the Biden DOJ is defending Trump on the defamation case?

WTH? mad

Nope, it's a procedural bit of nonsense. Just woke up so, the brain is struggling to remember the deets.
I had the same reaction until I read the whys and wherefores.
DoJ "has to take that position" in order to not render them powerless to pursue....sigh....I really have to go dig up the story...
They HAVE to, Rick! (sorry!) 😂

I need a minute - - there's just sooooo much Trump droppings I feel buried in all of it! 🤣
You know the saying, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, bury them in bullshyte.
Well, Donald has effectively buried me in the stuff.

Last edited by Jeffery J. Haas; 09/13/21 05:02 PM.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
K
old hand
old hand
K
How did you hurt your knee Ponderer? You might’ve already posted that but I missed it if you did so. I needed to get my left knee replaced around seven years ago because it was total bone on bone with no meniscus. I’m sure the cumulative result of sports injuries I had when I was a young jock.

The rehab was no fun but all in all I’m happy with the results.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
veteran
veteran
Getting an MRI on your knee has to be a lot better than getting a five hour long MRI on your spine! That really sucked. It would have been nice if I was drugged. Much worse (and much longer) than a brain MRI.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Page 24 of 42 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 56 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SuZQ2, KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby
6,297 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,274