Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Current Topics
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all - 01/21/22 05:39 AM
The long and winding road to Dumbass
by chunkstyle - 01/21/22 04:34 AM
National Commission to Investigate the January 6
by pondering_it_all - 01/21/22 01:35 AM
Interesting read - maybe
by Mellowicious - 01/21/22 01:24 AM
Winning
by perotista - 01/20/22 05:14 PM
Round Table Winter 2021
by pdx rick - 01/20/22 03:05 PM
Texas hostages
by Mellowicious - 01/20/22 03:57 AM
Gerrymandering
by perotista - 01/18/22 04:01 AM
Lindsey v. Mitch: Senate cage match
by logtroll - 01/15/22 05:11 AM
Don't look up
by jgw - 01/14/22 10:42 PM
Complexity Science
by Jeffery J. Haas - 01/12/22 06:34 PM
What's for dinner?
by pondering_it_all - 01/02/22 09:37 PM
RoundTable For Fall 2021
by Mellowicious - 01/02/22 04:21 AM
Divorce: American Style
by pdx rick - 12/31/21 01:56 AM
Gimme some of that good ol time religion
by pondering_it_all - 12/23/21 08:19 PM
F.D.A. Will Permanently Allow Abortion Pills by Mail
by Mellowicious - 12/22/21 09:03 PM
Joe Manchin thread
by perotista - 12/22/21 08:33 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
9,795,533 my own book page
4,862,628 We shall overcome
3,978,034 Campaign 2016
3,620,736 Trump's Trumpet
2,874,601 3 word story game
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden. That's according to a new analysis by NPR that examines how political polarization and misinformation are driving a significant share of the deaths in the pandemic.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.78 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher."

- NPR

Nothing to see here folks, it's just natural selection at work. coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

veteran
veteran
Misinformation cited? What misinformation? I quoted NPR exactly. Of course the ratio changes over time.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.
veteran
veteran
Since for many of the unvaccinated covid is a hoax, I propose exposing all of them to covid and let God sort it out.

Seems like that would that be satisfactory to the people who believe covid is a hoax (or started by Democrats, and so they shouldn't be complicit in vaccinations), or think the vaccines are unproven, a conspiratorial plot to subjugate the unwashed paranoid masses, will alter DNA and turn them into monkeys, etc etc.

I'm thinking done and DONE.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Florida's Republican voting population has suffered mightily under the ravages of pandemic denialism and antivax stupidity.

Ron DeSantis is outraising all of his opponents put together. He's one of the most popular governors, and his favorability numbers are higher than Trump's. Democrats are getting no traction against him.

They apparently see the whole thing as some sort of attack by Democrats to reduce their freedom, enrich Dr. Fauci and big pharma, and destroy democracy.

DeSantis promised to address sea level rise and the effects global climate change and pledged $300Million towards those goals..."Without doing any left wing stuff..."

I'm afraid this pandemic is being better exploited by Republicans than by the Democrats. It has cost them a few of the unwashed but their numbers seem to be legion.

Several Democrats voted with Republicans yesterday to end the very unpopular vaccine mandate.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
Several Democrats voted with Republicans yesterday to end the very unpopular vaccine mandate.
Fine with me.

I am vaxxed and boosted and wear masks not to PROTECT YOU, but to protect myself FROM YOU. If anything has taught me about living with HIV in my community for my ENITRE adult life, it is to assume everyone I come in contact with has COVID and act accordingly. I am not an adult gay male living 30 years as an adult and still HIV negative by luck.

Why the US government chose to make social distancing, mask wearing, and vaccinations about protecting others was the stupidest perspective and point of view to apply to the virus. If the perspective was to protect YOURSELF from the infected, we wouldn't se the death rate from COVID that we see today and most people would be vaxxed. I guarantee it.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Fine with me.

I am vaxxed and boosted and wear masks not to PROTECT YOU, but to protect myself FROM YOU. If anything has taught me about living with HIV in my community for my ENITRE adult life, it is to assume everyone I come in contact with has COVID and act accordingly. I am not an adult gay male living 30 years as an adult and still HIV negative by luck.

Why the US government chose to make social distancing, mask wearing, and vaccinations about protecting others was the stupidest perspective and point of view to apply to the virus. If the perspective was to protect YOURSELF from the infected, we wouldn't se the death rate from COVID that we see today and most people would be vaxxed. I guarantee it.

If we lived in a normal world, you'd be seeing posters like this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: logtroll
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Normal went out the window with the Clinton impeachment.

We've been in fecking bizarro world ever since and it just seems to get worse.

DeSantis is taking BBB funds and applying them to his favorite projects.
He will then tout the success of these when he runs against Biden...

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
DeSantis is taking BBB funds and applying them to his favorite projects.
He will then tout the success of these when he runs against Biden...
Rail against BBB, then take the funds when the law passes and make it seem like it was their idea - that what the sociopathic right does. It's the most quintessential sociopathic gaslighting move ever!. Bow

veteran
veteran
I have nothing against DeSantis having a conservative viewpoint and priorities. The voters in Florida voted for him, and they knew what he stood for. What I do have a problem with is him making Covid public health measures into a political issue to solidify his base. His policies there are killing people. Lots of people. I don't like mass murderers in general, even if they are killing folks I won't miss.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SuZQ2, KevFilthyANML, Risky, Gladys G. Jackson, Beach Baby
6,297 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics17,275
Posts313,953
Members6,297