The title of the thread and what was posted in the initial salvo seemed rather angry and hostile. Yes, a mix is really the best way to go. There needs to be some kind of social safety net so that those who fall on hard times have a chance of getting back on their feet, but the possibility of abuse of this net is great. We have a generation or more who have been trained to rely on this net and not find a way to earn a living.

I have no answer for what to do about HMOs. They cost way too much and often deny treatment for things that are life threatening. I don't know what to do about it, aside from marching on the HMOs with pitchforks and torches.

I see what we are going to get for a govrnment can be best described as "corporatism", government by and for corporations. I seem to recall Mussolini said that was what he was instituting in Italy. That worked out very well. wink

Before everyone goes crazy and decides capitalism is the problem, remember that all these nice things we have here in the US are a result of capitalism. By nice things I mean iPods, computers of various types, big screen TV's, etc. Crap no-one really needs, but they are dang nice to have. smile

"When fascism comes to this country it will be draped in the flag and carrying a cross"-Sinclair Lewis