If this is about Bernie, He's not too old. He'd be an amazing president! His VP would likely be supportive of his policies and would continue on as if Bernie were in charge if The Bern happened to flame out. But, alas, we'll never find out because he's stuck in the polls and will not get the Democratic nod.

If it's about people in general...genetics is key. I'm old at 66. It looks like I'm going to need a caregiver twice a week to come in help me out because I'm not able to take care of myself anymore. My dad died at 72 and I'm in far worse shape than him at this age. Modern medicine might keep me alive a little longer than that but for the most part...I don't even buy green bananas anymore.

Every genetic flaw from both parents landed on me. And every poor life choice(and there were many) has come back to haunt me. Lungs are shot from smoking 2 packs a day for 30+ years, Liver is shot from drinking for forty years after I contracted HepC. I have degenerative joint disease from years of extreme sports and multiple major auto collisions. I spent a career in construction abusing my body for the sake of speed and money. I'm a physical wreck and this keyboard could go silent at any time. I fell down again yesterday. I've hurt my back pretty badly, looks like I'll lose a big toenail, and my good knee is banged up and will barely support me...

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...