I have posted this before (a while ago). I am 85 years old. The VA gives me a day long memory test every now and then. It takes an entire day and then they will call me and tell me how I did. They always call and the first question is always; "how do you think you did". My reply remains the same; "I failed". then, of course, I get "you cannot win or fail these tests but we do rate you along with your age group". So far I have been in the upper 1%. I think that anybody even verging on 80 years old, and are considering any kind of real job, ESPECIALLY, president, are clinically crazy! They may not even be having memory problems but, unless they are crazy lucky, they probably will.

I have severe speech aphasia (forget words I know, but my wife is well trained to fill in the missing word), rarely remember anything that happened in the last 60 seconds (take me longer to a actually insert stuff into my memory recall part), etc. (its really easy to lose a train of thought if interrupted, etc) If anybody is even verging on my "age group" they are in trouble (memory wise) as far as I can see. I know, and I am sure others too know people older than I who are doing just fine and have no memory problems. The fact, however, is that those folks are few, and far between, based on people who study this kind of stuff have found to be true.

The only positive thing is that the guy who gives the test is a neurologist specializing in brain function so I have to assume he knows what he is doing and he tells me I am doing well. He has also told me that I am not "a candidate for Alzheimer" which is really on the good side. I remember when my dad's wife told me that my dad had altzheimer. At the time there were few who could even diagnose that so I sent them both to seattle to get examined. She found out that she was in good shape but my dad had severe memory loss. Sometimes, for instance, he had no idea who he was or where he was. There is a very real difference between altzheimer and memory loss. I think the difference is really the difference of knowing what is going on and not knowing. Altzheimers also effects bodily functions which begin to fail over time. I am sure folks won't completely agree with all of that one, but, in the fullness of time.......

So, I think both Bernie and Joe are just too damned old unless they are extraordinarily fit both physically and mentally. We will of course, in Bernie's case, get to watch an elderly man basically commit suicide for the entertainment, or horrification, of America's voting class.

Just saying....................