Honest guys, I plan to keep walking. Mostly I don't even need a cane around the house but I won't set foot outside without one. I've got a good walker I use at night for trips to the bathroom then I push it around in the morning until things have loosened up. Then I walk the dog. Usually a half mile but the back pain is holding me back a bit right now. It's not really walking because the dog helps pull me along. Without his gentle and constant tug on the leash I couldn't do it at all. I can't really propel myself forward. Muscles have long since atrophied. I use the cane to pole myself along like a boat. Leaning to the left and right to swing my legs forward. It's pretty awkward.

It's never going to get better and will continue to get worse as I get older. But I intend to fight it every step of the way. When I move to town there will be walks around the block with two canes, trips around the block in the manual chair for a core workout, and the power chair will take me downtown. The manual chair folds up so I can toss it in the car and go down to the waterfront or out to a restaurant...Things I can't do anymore without a wheelchair. Reslly all I've been able to do for a long time is grocery shopping because shopping carts are perfect walkers for a big guy like me.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...