Originally Posted By: rporter314
I don't think an election loss by 6 votes is the same as losing by 20k or 150k. My guess is she did not have the money left to file for a recount ... if you're serious about the job and there is only a 6 vote difference ... well ... There was already a change of some 150 votes getting to -6. As all election officials have stated, a recount usually is only a small number of votes ... as in this case. Remember in Clark Co NV, they threw out the election results of a county commissioner because the vote count was too close and required a very fine granular look at results, prompting them to settle for another election.

So the question should be, does it really matter which party was involved in an election that close? I don't care if it was the Dem Party or Rep Party or the office Christmas Party .... if it's that close get it right

She decided to forego, not that she didn't have the money as the article said. There was already a recount as the article and you stated. From the article.

"After what appears to be the tightest congressional election in decades, Rita Hart, a state senator, has decided to forgo a legal battle in her home state and will instead contest the election directly with the House Administration Committee. Iowa election officials certified Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks as the winner on Monday after a recount diminished her initial victory margin from 47 votes to only 6 votes."

With the Democratic Majority in the House, she will be declared the winner. Now we all have been getting on Trump for not abiding by the wishes of the voters...

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.