I think the Democrats should care and find out why they lost seats in the house this year. I don't see them doing that as of yet. All the Republicans need to do to take control of the house in 2022 is have a net gain of 6 seats, perhaps only 5 depending on the outcome of NY 22. Very easily done.

In the senate the Republicans have 20 seats up for reelection vs. 13 for the Democrats. It is very possible, perhaps even likely that the Republicans will gain control of the house in 2022 while the Democrats gain control of the senate. A total reversal of where things stand today.

This is my prediction for 2022. A flip of control for both the House and the Senate. As long as the Democrats won't search for the reason Biden was able to carry independents 54-41, by 13 points but Democratic congressional candidates winning independents by 50-48, just 2 points, then make adjustments, they're bound to lose the house. But that's the democrats problem.

History has shown that when a new president is elected, his party always goes too far in pushing their own agenda only to have huge losses in the first midterm in the house. This happened to Obama in 2010, 63 seat loss. To Bill Clinton in 1994, 54 seat loss, to Reagan in 1982, a 26 seat loss and on back. G.H.W. Bush lost only 8 seats in 1990, but he was popular for desert storm and his son, G.W. Bush actually gained 8 seats, due to the unifying effect of 9-11. G.W. Bush would go on to lose 33 seats in 2006 giving the democrats control of both chambers of congress.

Bottom line, to avoid losing the House in 2022, the Democrats need to figure out how far is too far and never cross that line or 2022 and perhaps 2024 will be Republican years.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.